What music you like???

Misc topics

What music you like???

Postby CROWLEY » Tue Apr 15, 2008 14:09 UTC

Me:

Death Metal, Grindcore, Brutal Death, Mathcore...
CROWLEY

Server: CTF

Re: What music you like???

Postby dyn » Tue Apr 15, 2008 14:43 UTC

Black Metal, classical like Wagner, some of dark psy ( if it's not too cartoonish ), also c64/chip tunes can be cool.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby babygrl » Tue Apr 15, 2008 15:17 UTC

mostly the new but i do listen to country , kenny chesney, BRAD PAISLEY! lol, but more like T-Pain, AKON, the good stuff.... but i have a huge variety, some rock, just depends on the song the beat the lyrics... but i listen to the best out there :D BUT it is the ultimate best music alway the chart topper OH YEA!
babygrl

Postby Executor » Tue Apr 15, 2008 15:20 UTC

Pretty much any genre - just depends on the mood I'm in at the time.
Executor

Postby =RS= » Tue Apr 15, 2008 15:32 UTC

I
=RS=
Former Admin

Favorite map: any1

Postby CROWLEY » Tue Apr 15, 2008 15:52 UTC

led zeppelin!!!!!!

CROWLEY

Postby =RS= » Tue Apr 15, 2008 17:41 UTC

I
=RS=
Former Admin

Postby 4G63 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 18:56 UTC

Heavy Metal, Trash Metal, other type of music depending on my mood
4G63

Postby IriDeck » Tue Apr 15, 2008 20:30 UTC

Depends on my mood, as I sort my music out by moods. Examples:

Jam: Celldweller, Alice in Chains, Hourcast, Godhead, Crossfade, Rob Zombie, Paramore, Maroon5, Soundgarden
Quiet & Comfy: Enigma, Days of the New, Massive Attack, Phil Collins, Chris Cornell, Portishead, Thievery Corporation, Underworld
Technoey Goodness: Celldweller, DJ Shadow, Fatboy Slim, The Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Wumpscut, BT, Telépopmusik, Hot Chip
Heavy: Nothingface, Pantera, Sepultura, Acid Bath, Rammstein, Slipknot, Tristania, Lacuna Coil, Black Sabbath
Trip Hop: Balligomingo, Crustation, Massive Attack, Santessa, Morcheeba, Glorybox
Rap: 50 cent, Tupac, Ludacris, D-12, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z
Oldies-but-goodies: Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Andrews Sisters, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Danny Kaye
J-Rock/J-Metal: Abingdon Boys School, Mad Capsule Markets, Maximum the Hormone, Orange Range, Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Offthewall: Tom Waits, Magnetic Fields, They Might Be Giants

Was that long enough for you? I just figured that if anyone gets into the same style, sharing the actual artists is a good way to spread the loooooove. I'm a child of the 80's, but I stick mostly to 90's or later stuff.
IriDeck
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM17
Server: TDM

Postby Orange_Joos » Tue Apr 15, 2008 21:06 UTC

I like Death metal, Brutal death, grindcore, technical death, some black metal like bal-sagaoth or belephagor, etc.....

I also like other things such as Primus, tom waits is pretty kewls, or good rap like biggie smalls, immortal technique

right now im suck on Decapitated and Vital remains 8-) 8-)
Orange_Joos

Postby VAT » Tue Apr 15, 2008 22:05 UTC

when i was 12: the king of rock, fats domino, chuck berry
when i was 16: beatles, stones, donavan, electric prunes, manfr. man, marian faithful, brigitte bardot,
when i was 18: beach boys, bethoven, san francisco..
when i was 22: jimmy hendrix, led zeppelin, pink floyd, black sabbath,
when i was 33: funk, charly parker, debussy, michael jackson
when i was 40: miles davis, talking head, spiritual, gregorian chorals, weather report,
when i was 50: john cache, house, pro pain, heavy metal, death metal, georg brassens, sufi sound, minimal
when i was 60: sepultura live, q3-sound, underground, traditional african, chinese, japanese, middle east, experimental classic
and now i prefer silencium :D

VAT
VAT

Postby Lunchb0x » Thu Apr 17, 2008 08:53 UTC

Death metal, Black metal, Doom, Sludge, Thrash, Gore Grind, Classical, Jazz, Folk.
Lunchb0x

Postby Spookycat » Sat Apr 19, 2008 03:57 UTC

I like almost anything except for Alanis Morrissette (sp?) and any rap or any other musical type that defames women and most opera (but I do like some opera esp the late Luciano P.) and for some reason I am really liking hard rock nowadays which I never used to when I was young (I was into Wham and Prince etc growing up). I am in love with Neil Diamond, seriously... Ok I like almost anything. I was very sad when Jeff Healy died. Very sad about that.
I agree with VAT silence is becoming nicer and nicer....lol!
Spookycat

Postby dyn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 04:44 UTC

Yes, i agree with your views on rap. First they tried to commercialize and dumb down metal, they had only limited success because of ideological differences, then they started promoting rap, this was in early 90's. Now you have 'gangsta' rap almost everywhere, degenerating women and promoting extremely dumb life style.

If you like opera, i recommend Wagner. Or maybe some symphonic metal, like Rhapsody of Fire:

dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8

Postby IriDeck » Sat Apr 19, 2008 04:56 UTC

Symphonic metal is awesome. I'm particularly fond of those with female singers, like Nightwish or Tristania.
I also forgot to mention two of my favourite albums: Opeth's Still Life (quieter damage), and Acid Bath's.....well, both of them. Fingerpaintings of the Insane is my favourite by Acid Bath. Dax Riggs has a great voice, IMHO.

Is he still in Dead Boy & the Elephantmen? I have the Agents of Oblivion CD before Rotten gave him hell for the copyright, but don't have any of the DBE CDs. I also haven't kept up with Sammy since he left for Goatwhore. Heheheheh...I love band names sometimes. >:)
IriDeck
Former Admin

Postby IriDeck » Sat Apr 19, 2008 05:00 UTC

Spookycat wrote:I like almost anything except for Alanis Morrissette (sp?) and any rap or any other musical type that defames women and most opera (but I do like some opera esp the late Luciano P.) and for some reason I am really liking hard rock nowadays which I never used to when I was young (I was into Wham and Prince etc growing up). I am in love with Neil Diamond, seriously... Ok I like almost anything. I was very sad when Jeff Healy died. Very sad about that.
I agree with VAT silence is becoming nicer and nicer....lol!

Agreed on the point about rap, Spookycat. I tend to like rap songs with some actual substance, which is why I've gravitated more to Tupac and Jay-Z in the past (although they break that rule quite a bit, too). It's hard, and you have to be choosy.

For the most part, I'm either in the mood to headbang, bounce, or just close my eyes and enjoy the melodies. I love music. I most of its forms, anyway. :)
IriDeck
Former Admin

Postby Orange_Joos » Sat Apr 19, 2008 05:18 UTC

omg! I thought I was the only one who liked rhapsody of fire?! :shock: hahahahaha im pretty sure power/symphonic metal is epic. lol

to comment on this rap subject, I hate all rappers who are main stream and degrade women, talk about how they kill people everyday blah blah blah.... but if you like rap beats, and rappers who dont talk about all of that, you should check out some immortal technique, dead prez.... or really any underground rappers because they tell the truth. Which is pretty ironic but...
Orange_Joos

Postby babygrl » Sat Apr 19, 2008 05:53 UTC

what is wrong with selina? well i think its pop.... not sure but selina is a neutral one :)
babygrl

Postby IriDeck » Sat Apr 19, 2008 06:07 UTC

Hey Orange_Joos, thanks for the info; I'll look them up. I don't know if it counts, but MC 900 Ft. Jesus is pretty cool.....heheheh...

BabyGrl, I don't generally do pop stuff. My personal opinion is that Pop-Tarts are to eat for breakfast, not for cranking out platinum albums. It sickens me to hear most of what plays on the radio nowadays. I just listen to NPR (http://www.npr.org) in the morn, then jam to CDs after work on my fun 1 1/2 hour trip home.
IriDeck
Former Admin

Postby babygrl » Sat Apr 19, 2008 06:16 UTC

*cough* i am a variety girl dude.... i listen to most ANYTHING there are good in all types of music everyone has their own defination of good mine welp it is a wholesum variety :) but selina's music is really good :)

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_U9BSpdDH_c&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_U9BSpdDH_c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
babygrl

Postby Tripredacus » Sat Apr 19, 2008 08:11 UTC

I like everything, unfortunately, since I used to be a DJ I ended up listening to a lot of different kinds of music. I listen to metal when I play Q3 tho.
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM2

Postby [email protected] » Sun Apr 27, 2008 22:27 UTC

beneath the massacre, benighted, braindrill, cannibal corpse,defleshed, despised icon, cradle of filth, cryptopsy, divine empire, dying fetus, emeth, glass casket, hate, hate eternal,iniquity, inveractiy, necrophagist, nevermore, nile, origin,panzerchrist, septic flesh, SUFFOCATION, the balck dahalia murder, vader, vomitory, deicide, morbid angel, slayer .............. :yes2:

Skid
[email protected]
Former Admin

Postby Tripredacus » Sun Apr 27, 2008 23:40 UTC

=RS= wrote:I like a bit of ELP. YES .Lynyrd Skynyrd. some classical. Supertramp. beetles. I better stop lol :P

Don't worry. I've seen Yes three times and Steve howe once. :yes:
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Postby =RS= » Mon Apr 28, 2008 00:16 UTC

c
=RS=
Former Admin

Postby mordockdotcom » Wed Apr 30, 2008 15:47 UTC

Not a huge fan of the heavy stuff.

DMB - Dave Matthews Band
OAR - Of A Revolution
Dispatch
Ben Folds
Bela Fleck
Yonder Mountain String Band
Phish
Widespread Panic
Barenaked Ladies
Jack Johnson
Matt Nathanson
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Ari Hest
Stanton Moore
Rage Against the Machine
Black Eyed Peas (Their older, pre-pop stuff)
John Coltrane
Dizzie Gillespie
String Cheese Incident

...Just to name a few...
mordockdotcom

Postby Stacie » Mon May 05, 2008 19:55 UTC

This topic thought that it could hide from my musical wrath. It was wrong.

Don't judge my womanly tastes in death metal, please! :-D

DragonForce
Muse
Coheed and Cambria
Deadsy
Opeth
Pain of Salvation
Porcupine Tree
Kamelot
Atreyu
Oceansize
Kino
Incubus
Foo Fighters
Tool
Lacuna Coil
Forefather
t.A.T.u.
Avenged Sevenfold
Children of Bodom
Xandria
KMFDM
Killswitch Engage
Kittie
Gwen Stefani
Aiden

I can't stand The Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, and most of all, Nickelback.
Stacie

Postby CROWLEY » Mon May 05, 2008 20:09 UTC

Stacie wrote:

[...]
Atreyu
[...]
Foo Fighters
Tool
Lacuna Coil
[...]
Avenged Sevenfold
Children of Bodom
Xandria
[...]
Killswitch Engage
Kittie
[...]

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!
CROWLEY

Postby chaos252 » Mon May 05, 2008 21:40 UTC

it all depends on what mood im in.... 8-) reggae/ska - like sublime, slightly stoopid, an 311..... :evil: Metal/Grind/Death - like Pantera, Slayer, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Deicide, Six Feet Under, Mushroomhead (old...new stuff sucks), Superjoint Ritual etc etc etc.. :oldman: Classic Rock - like Zeppelin, Frampton, the Doors, Floyd...etc etc etc.. (: Hardstep/Darkstep Drum'n'Bass - like Evol Intent, Deiselboy, Spor etc etc... 8-) Hip-Hop - like Wu-Tang, Mos Def, Jedi Mind Trick etc etc...ummm 90's alternative.....yea the list goes on an on...oh with tha exception of johny cash folksy stuff i HATE country
chaos252
Former Admin

Favorite map: QZTOURNEY6
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby Tripredacus » Tue May 06, 2008 01:16 UTC

I saw Dragonforce once. It was a painful show. The singer's vocals seriously hurt the ears! I never figured out the booking tho, they played before Chimaira and boy that didn't get a good reception.
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Postby Stacie » Tue May 06, 2008 01:23 UTC

Bludgeon[atr] wrote:I saw Dragonforce once. It was a painful show. The singer's vocals seriously hurt the ears! I never figured out the booking tho, they played before Chimaira and boy that didn't get a good reception.

I don't know who the other band is, but DragonForce has trouble playing live. The guitarist will [sometimes] try to play drunk, and he'll end up just wandering around stage like he doesn't know what is going on. On the other hand..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3H4liC2sWg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA6DOVx85wI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryR635qJUBQ
Stacie

Next

Return to General Discussion