What music you like???

Misc topics

Re: What music you like???

Postby Tripredacus » Tue May 06, 2008 01:26 UTC

Stacie wrote:
Bludgeon[atr] wrote:I saw Dragonforce once. It was a painful show. The singer's vocals seriously hurt the ears! I never figured out the booking tho, they played before Chimaira and boy that didn't get a good reception.

I don't know who the other band is, but DragonForce has trouble playing live. The guitarist will [sometimes] try to play drunk, and he'll end up just wandering around stage like he doesn't know what is going on. On the other hand..

Well they had two guitarists when I saw them. They were all so full of energy they were all running about the place. Especially the guy who didn't seem to be playing an instrument... couldn't quite figure that out. They ended up gathering around where I was after the show and none of them were drunk. I know because I was too poor to get drunk myself that night. :no:
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM2
Server: FFA

Postby warnite » Wed May 07, 2008 11:35 UTC

If i listen to music while playing Q3 it depends. If the game is laid back, i will kick it to tunes like liberace, lawrence welk, something from the 3 tenors or perhaps even a little sade. Now if the game gets more intense i will thrown in some Barry Manilo or perhaps even Wham depending on the game. If i really need to focus and keep my mind centered on the game, i always fall back on the legendary Boy George (volume set at 7.5, same as my mouse sensitivity).

Rock On!!!!!!!!!!

80's rock/metal really :D
warnite
Former Admin

Postby [email protected] » Wed May 07, 2008 23:34 UTC

SUFFOCATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6nrglujp1U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6nrglujp1U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
[email protected]
Former Admin

Postby [email protected] » Thu May 08, 2008 00:28 UTC

DYING FETUS!!!!!
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtJ-alGFIsg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtJ-alGFIsg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
[email protected]
Former Admin

Postby Tripredacus » Thu May 08, 2008 00:29 UTC

warnite wrote:If i listen to music while playing Q3 it depends. If the game is laid back, i will kick it to tunes like liberace, lawrence welk, something from the 3 tenors or perhaps even a little sade. Now if the game gets more intense i will thrown in some Barry Manilo or perhaps even Wham depending on the game. If i really need to focus and keep my mind centered on the game, i always fall back on the legendary Boy George (volume set at 7.5, same as my mouse sensitivity).

Rock On!!!!!!!!!!

80's rock/metal really :D

Lawrence Welk rules. :fuckoff:
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Postby Spookycat » Thu May 08, 2008 02:58 UTC

ok Dyn I just now saw the Youtube link you left for me and I am in love with it Now I am going to amazon to order whatever CDs I can.....Rhapsody of Fire.. I love it ..thanks!!!!!
Spookycat

Postby Orange_Joos » Fri May 09, 2008 02:26 UTC

omg! check this drill out..

Orange_Joos

Postby Kakarott » Fri May 09, 2008 04:05 UTC

i coulda swore the topic here is
"WHAT MUSIC YOU LIKE" it doesnt say 'and dislike' ...............STAY ON TOPIC
the same bullshit you say about RAP well......truth be told "YOU" and.....
i can say the same thing about some other genre's as well 2 sides to one coin works both ways, and it doesnt have GANGSTA in front of it ..... i must be the only member of vogon whos black right? in all honestly let me know becuase i would like to know ....
gangsta rap is not everywhere HIPHOP is, whether it be WHITE people chinese japanese spanish whos doing it. Women(not all women) degrade themselves ( RAP JUST HELPS and helps better than most) just like some other GENRES do.... thing is HIPHOP dominates the music industry.
anyway im not trying to escalate things. push peoples buttons its ur opionion and i respect that for real. but i just hope people understand where im coming from on this

staying on "topic now" its pretty obvious what music i listen too the most
but you would be suprise i like VAT's list the most on here i didnt know he was that old neither
i too listen to traditional Chinese, japansese and Thai i love the asain culture music can take u somewhere for real !
some james brown rick james. i dont have a favorite but the best is Shawn Carter , most of the time i listen to rap though but i love the traditional stuff
anyway list can go on for me

Kakarott Out
Kakarott

Server: CTF

Postby mordockdotcom » Fri May 09, 2008 12:33 UTC

Kakarott wrote:i coulda swore the topic here is
i can say the same thing about some other genre's as well 2 sides to one coin works both ways, and it doesnt have GANGSTA in front of it ..... i must be the only member of vogon whos black right? in all honestly let me know becuase i would like to know ....
gangsta rap is not everywhere HIPHOP is, whether it be WHITE people chinese japanese spanish whos doing it. Women(not all women) degrade themselves ( RAP JUST HELPS and helps better than most) just like some other GENRES do.... thing is HIPHOP dominates the music industry.
anyway im not trying to escalate things. push peoples buttons its ur opionion and i respect that for real. but i just hope people understand where im coming from on this

but you would be suprise i like VAT's list the most on here i didnt know he was that old neither
i too listen to traditional Chinese, japansese and Thai i love the asain culture music can take u somewhere for real !
some james brown rick james. i dont have a favorite but the best is Shawn Carter , most of the time i listen to rap though but i love the traditional stuff

Kakarott Out

shut up you gangsta
mordockdotcom

Postby Orange_Joos » Sun May 11, 2008 05:12 UTC

[email protected] wrote:SUFFOCATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6nrglujp1U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6nrglujp1U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

hell yea! :twisted: :twisted:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VPR03o6lpRw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VPR03o6lpRw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

well its not working (lol) so here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPR03o6lpRw&feature=related

:skulls:
Orange_Joos

Postby Skwisgaar » Sun May 11, 2008 05:50 UTC

There are 3 bands that I listen to the most... Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, and Rush. When I'm on Q3, it is almost always Iced Earth that is playing.

Other notables are Megadeth, Nightwish, Helloween, Pink Floyd, The Who, Vanden Plas, Children of Bodom, and W.A.S.P. (hahaha)
Skwisgaar

Postby Kitty » Thu May 15, 2008 21:44 UTC

[quote="Kakarott"]
"..... i must be the only member of vogon whos black right? in[quote]
Kakarott Out

Hahah Kaka...I guess Im the only member of vogon who didnt know you're black....thats cool...my daughter is mixed with black.... =) And she has turned me on to ALL different types of music... but Im a country girl at heart ;) Any of you know any country artist, b/c some of the bands, etc. you guys mentioned( and gals)..I've NEVER heard of...lol I guess Im waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too country
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby Tripredacus » Thu May 15, 2008 21:53 UTC

(AkA)Kitty wrote:
Kakarott wrote:"..... i must be the only member of vogon whos black right? in
Kakarott Out

Hahah Kaka...I guess Im the only member of vogon who didnt know you're black....thats cool...my daughter is mixed with black.... =) And she has turned me on to ALL different types of music... but Im a country girl at heart ;) Any of you know any country artist, b/c some of the bands, etc. you guys mentioned( and gals)..I've NEVER heard of...lol I guess Im waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too country

Ya I've got a Gene Autry record I think :lol:

Naw country is alright, it just doesn't match up with shooting people until they explodie into a pile of blood and guts.
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Postby VAT » Thu May 15, 2008 21:59 UTC

Kakarott wrote:i coulda swore the topic here is

Kakarott Out

kakarott, I love you !! :king:
VAT

Postby [email protected] » Thu May 15, 2008 23:30 UTC

KAKS BLACK?
[email protected]
Former Admin

Postby [email protected] » Thu May 15, 2008 23:37 UTC

cool tune o.j.! but for cannibal......this ones the shit!
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYgCBJP_3jU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYgCBJP_3jU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
[email protected]
Former Admin

Postby AG » Thu May 15, 2008 23:49 UTC

stuff i've been listening to a lot lately... sleepytime gorilla museum / book of knots, dillinger escape plan, meshuggah, beach boys (pet sounds mostly), secret chiefs, melvins, godflesh / jesu, ac/dc (kind of hate them but i'm in a tribute band), neurosis, anthrax, mastodon, the smiths, fnm, johanna kunin, big business, chicago, christopher cross (a lot of 60s-70s yacht rock), bunch of shit by eyvind kang, older megadeth, miasma...

bunch of old country stuff like waylon, flying burrito bros, porter wagner, johnny lee...

i listen to a lot of different kinds of shit. depends on the mood. lot of balkan lately.

mostly just michael mcdonald.
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby Kitty » Thu May 15, 2008 23:54 UTC

[email protected]"]KAKS BLACK?
[/quote]
LOL I dunno...thats wat he said back up there ^ :)
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby Kitty » Fri May 16, 2008 00:01 UTC

Tripredacus

Gene Autry...lol... I think my momma listend to him back in the day... :lol:
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby Kakarott » Fri May 16, 2008 02:00 UTC

Skid you being a smartass or you really dont know the answer to that question you ask ?
Kakarott

Postby Kitty » Fri May 16, 2008 03:25 UTC

Kakarott wrote:Skid you being a smartass or you really dont know the answer to that question you ask ?

LOL ... too funny !
:lol:
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby Skwisgaar » Fri May 16, 2008 04:34 UTC

(AkA)Kitty wrote:
Tripredacus

Fahaha, mine too... another one is BOXCAR WILLIE!
Skwisgaar

Postby Kitty » Fri May 16, 2008 05:08 UTC

Skwisgaar

OMG !! I forgot about him...my stepdad & momma made us listen to him also, along with Jimmie Rogers( Im not sure about the spelling) and Hank Williams Sr...and ALOT of other OLD OLD STUFF....WOW !!
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby Stacie » Fri May 16, 2008 08:18 UTC

Kakarott wrote:..I must be the only member of Vogon who is black..

I was going to make a post along the lines of "That explains why he is so good at shooting.." but I'd rather ask: what kind of music do you listen to?
Stacie

Postby Tripredacus » Sat May 17, 2008 01:05 UTC

Skwisgaar wrote:
(AkA)Kitty wrote:
Tripredacus

Why, in fact, I just bought a Boxcar Willie tape last weekend! :scared:
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Postby Skwisgaar » Sat May 17, 2008 01:20 UTC

My mom still has an old Boxcar Willie 8-track! Hmm... I should find it
Skwisgaar

Postby Tripredacus » Sat May 17, 2008 04:01 UTC

Skwisgaar wrote:My mom still has an old Boxcar Willie 8-track! Hmm... I should find it

Do you even have a player for it? I need to repair mine.
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Postby Skwisgaar » Sun May 18, 2008 07:04 UTC

Tripredacus wrote:
Skwisgaar wrote:My mom still has an old Boxcar Willie 8-track! Hmm... I should find it

Do you even have a player for it? I need to repair mine.

Haha, my parents had this very old home entertainment system that had one, and they just got rid of it not too long ago. If I ever need one though... going to thrift stores and flea markets should provide positive results :lol:
Skwisgaar

Postby Gee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 20:36 UTC

Mainly guitar music like Instrumental Jazz /Rock Fusion others like Soca/Calypso, Reggae/Dancehall. Favorite guitar player is Greg Howe. I also got some Progressive Rock in car's CD player right now.
Gee

Postby SERGIO » Fri Jun 06, 2008 17:58 UTC

Barry White - The first, the last, my everything
SERGIO

Favorite map: q3tourney3

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion