Server: FFA

Re: Spain is in fashion

Postby colombo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:29 UTC

colombo
TM

Postby craij » Tue Jun 07, 2011 17:20 UTC

colombo, while this last video is a great compilation and inspiring and all that shit (and i'm not really seeing the connection with the first), the message is all fucked up. the rich aren't the problem WE are the problem. WE are buying this shit. WE are propagating these horrible standards. the only problem with capitalism is WE, the people. no need to "rise up" against "the man." WE need to rise up against ourselves ... WE are the enemy.

IT'S NOT WHAT THEY'RE SELLING ... IT'S WHAT WE'RE BUYING! get it?

we must change the human consumer.
craij

Postby dyn » Tue Jun 07, 2011 21:03 UTC

That is one of the most intelligent posts. Everyone will blame "the rich" or other privileged class of people, however what they do is in human nature. If people who blame them for problems got money, they would be more or less the same, behave in the same way. Just look at all those, mostly Jewish, communist leaders for example in the Soviet Union, who had villas and luxury life, while others starved to death. Or various Church leaders, who will preach compassion and steal gold at the same time. Or corporations, saying how it will help some country to accept that deal with them, in order to pay IMF debts, and later they will destroy the environment, including rain-forests, for a quick profit. If that fails, they will tell Pentagon to attack that evil rebellious country, just like it was the case with Saddam, who was too stubborn and knew them too much, since he worked for them decades ago. And people will think war is about spreading democracy and avenging 9/11, stupid fools. :-D

Main problem is general mentality, values and perceptions, which were defined mostly by religious beliefs in the past. Yes, even if you are die-hard atheist, this mentality is all around you, result of 1000+ years of alien Mosaic law being forced upon people and Mohammedan law in the Middle East. Without shift in perception, nothing will be achieved.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8

Postby craij » Wed Jun 08, 2011 14:24 UTC

I just can't wrap my brain around why we think we need all this shit? It's more important to have an iPhone than it is to save an indigenous species' habitat. It's fucking destroying my brain!
craij

Postby SD » Wed Jun 08, 2011 17:57 UTC

dyn wrote: Yes, even if you are die-hard atheist, this mentality is all around you, result of 1000+ years of alien Mosaic law being forced upon people and Mohammedan law in the Middle East. Without shift in perception, nothing will be achieved.

Don't I just know it!
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Return to General Discussion