Atheism VS Christianity

Misc topics

Atheism VS Christianity

Postby SD » Fri Jun 10, 2011 21:05 UTC

Atheism VS Christianity

Any regular visitor or member of the board is fully aware of my position on this.
This will only interest some readers - some it won't interest in the least.

I'm posting this because I'm interested to see your replies, I don't want to post this in the other thread (of similar debate) I posted a while ago.

This is long (15 parts, 10min each) and I doubt that you will watch it all, so I will post the opening argument only.

Never let it be said that I don't entertain the contending arguments, I felt that the atheist didn't present him self very well here at all, in fact, I would go so far as to say I could probably do a better job my self.
Theists - have a ball!
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Re: Atheism VS Christianity

Postby dyn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 01:15 UTC

"God Exists (Atheists get owned)"

He has very good points. :)

I would say this, if bacteria had self-awareness, they would most probably think there is no species greater than those on bacterial level -- after all nobody found anyone higher yet, and many would argue about absence of evidence and how it doesn't prove this or that. Bacterial science would also confirm that nothing greater than bacteria ever evolved, and argue with those delusional individuals who still believe how a giant blob in the sky created everything, who goes by many names, like Blobovah, BLOBWH, or the Merciful and Compassionate Blobbah. Believers would of course fear eternal damnation if they break one of the commandments supposedly dictated by this friend in the sky, commandments not much different from other bacteria-made laws of that time.

Living inside a human body, which is their Universe, more skeptical individuals would say it was not really created by BLOBWH, because science clearly shows how all matter was created randomly, combining itself on its own over lengthy periods of time. How is this done, and how could randomly spinning matter create trillions of galaxies, they wouldn't be really able to explain. Most probably taking refuge in that old circular logic argument about absence of evidence, just like the true believers who like to use the Holy Untouchable Book to prove BLOBWH actually exists.

This is how much they would know about our environment and human nature, about our mental capabilities, dreams and desires. This is how much we know about our Universe and its architects.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby dyn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 13:26 UTC

Misquoting Jesus A Talk By Bart Ehrman

Bart Ehrman (3/21/11)

Bart D. Ehrman (born 1955) is an American New Testament scholar, currently the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Ehrman writes about the early Christians, using the term "proto-orthodox" to describe the Christian traditions that would later be defined as orthodox.[1] He describes 1st- and 2nd-century Christians as not yet having a unified, orthodox tradition.[1] He is the author of a number of books in this area, including Misquoting Jesus (2005), God's Problem (2008), and Jesus, Interrupted (2009).

In his books, he recounts his youthful enthusiasm as a born-again, fundamentalist Christian, certain that God had inspired the wording of the Bible and protected its texts from all error.[2] His graduate studies, however, eventually convinced him that one ought to acknowledge the contradictions in the biblical manuscripts rather than attempt to harmonize or reconcile discrepancies. He remained a liberal Christian for 15 years but later became an agnostic after struggling with the philosophical problems of evil and suffering.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman
dyn
Site Admin

Postby SD » Thu Jul 07, 2011 21:28 UTC

SD
Former Admin

Postby SD » Thu Jul 07, 2011 21:30 UTC

This wasn't a bump, but I think this is a very good debate, it's audio only on that link so very easy to get, no bulky vids etc
SD
Former Admin

Postby dyn » Fri Jul 08, 2011 21:11 UTC

People like Dawkins represent what is wrong with atheism today. If you oppose Christianity or any other Semitic religion, that's OK and i support you, but don't lower yourself to the level of idiots who think nothing outside of what instruments of today's science are capable of measuring is real -- most of which are product of nineteenth-century thought. Your mind has great power, do not allow them to limit you with atheistic blinders or with slave morality of Christianity/Judaism/Islam.

I find it funny how they all share same Semitic / slavish roots, yet they are so opposed to each other. Islam is like next chapter of the New Testament and the Old Testament is same crap as Judaism. Today we need new religion, not this outdated jewish crap. To hell with YHWH! Aeon of father-God Osiris is over.
dyn
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion