q3 ffa

Misc topics

q3 ffa

Postby Hacksaw » Wed Feb 08, 2012 01:30 UTC

Hi all, Been playing again, but have a problem, everythime miss g hits me it kicks me out and the screen changes, any ideas? my video card is good to the max, cause it was tested and still working great. I only does it on this server! I was playing with chaos and it just happen! Any knowledge would help from anyone, im desperate, hee haw. thanks people, Hacksaw(craig) :DD :oldman:
Hacksaw

Favorite map: Q3dm3
Server: FFA

Re: q3 ffa

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Feb 08, 2012 19:58 UTC

Hacksaw wrote:Hi all, Been playing again, but have a problem, everythime miss g hits me it kicks me out and the screen changes, any ideas? my video card is good to the max, cause it was tested and still working great. I only does it on this server! I was playing with chaos and it just happen! Any knowledge would help from anyone, im desperate, hee haw. thanks people, Hacksaw(craig) :DD :oldman:

u got me on that one. you will need the master quake powers of AG or Dyn. or if Irideck was still around
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby AG » Wed Feb 08, 2012 20:22 UTC

what do you mean by kicks you out -- disconnects you from the server? do you see any error messages?

what do you mean by screen changes? the quake 3 screen or windows? it changes from what to what?

after it happens, are you able to reconnect?
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby Hacksaw » Wed Feb 22, 2012 00:35 UTC

i'm still playing but the screen goes blank white, I can still hear all sounds and all but nothing but white screen. Now my video card is still good to this day just cant figure this one out. I re-connect real fast and play trwice as long and when miss g jumps on me is all over again the same thing, its just weird. You have to be playing with me to see this. Others have noticed it also. Any Ideas Guys, I'm stumped to the tilt!! Thanks Hacksaw
Hacksaw

Favorite map: Q3dm3
Server: FFA

Postby AG » Wed Feb 22, 2012 01:02 UTC

in the q3 menu, try turning your graphics settings lower.

if that doesn't change anything, also try running q3 in windowed mode by hitting the ~ and typing \r_fullscreen 0 in the console (\r_fullscreen 1 will return it to normal).
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL

Return to General Discussion