Not on Facebook? You may be a Psychopath!

Misc topics

Not on Facebook? You may be a Psychopath!

Postby dyn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 09:09 UTC

AG, please read this! :-D

Not on Facebook? Employers, Psychiatrists May Think You’re a Psychopath
There are more than 955 million Facebook users, and it could hurt you to not be one of them.

Some psychiatrists and employers now find it suspicious for an individual to keep off Facebook, reports The Daily Mail. That’s because for today’s young generation, having Facebook is considered “normal,” while opting out is considered “abnormal.”

Employers may suspect that an applicant’s absence from the social network means the account is so full of offensive material that it had to be deleted. After all, 90% of recruiters check out candidates’ online profiles.

Similarly, psychologists see Facebook activity as a reflection of a healthy social life.

“The Internet has become a natural part of life,” psychologist Christopher Moeller told Germany’s Der Taggspiegel. “It’s possible that you get feelings of positive feedback through online friends.” [Translated from German]

In excess, Moeller says, Facebook interactions can reinforce feelings of social anxiety experienced offline.

As the German magazine points out, both suspected Aurora theater gunman James Holmes and the Norwegian massacre shooter Anders Behring Breivik share an absence from Facebook. The publication went as far as to say that Facebook abstainers have reason to be suspected mass murderers.

http://mashable.com/2012/08/07/no-facebook-psychopath/
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Re: Not on Facebook? You may be a Psychopath!

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Aug 08, 2012 14:24 UTC

I must be a Psychopath but, we all already knew that. and F*CK Tardbook..... sorry i mean Facebook :)
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby craij » Wed Aug 08, 2012 16:18 UTC

Fuck facebook. If that means the normals are gonna call me abnormal, I am quite happy to wear my new badge. Fuck 'em. Its gay.

To clarify, its one giant data aggregator that Fuckerberg openly sells to third parties. Lame, gay and fucktarded. And I believe that right now is the most innocent it will ever be. Meaning that every day is a step closer to really fucking bad. So bad, in fact, that I believe it to be psychopathic to be ON fakebook.
craij

Postby AG » Wed Aug 08, 2012 16:48 UTC

if you aren't on facebook or won't give your facebook password to a potential employer, you're a psychopath.
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby craij » Wed Aug 08, 2012 17:22 UTC

Please don't shoot me AG.

PS, I'm pretty sure the Norwegian posted his crap on social networks (like facebook) just before his rampage.
craij

Postby SD » Wed Aug 08, 2012 17:47 UTC

I'm on facebook. Does that mean I qualify as "cool" ? I always knew I was cool, but this just confirms it.
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby craij » Wed Aug 08, 2012 18:06 UTC

No, just normal. ;)
craij

Return to General Discussion