Made my first website! Please check it out! :)

Misc topics

Made my first website! Please check it out! :)

Postby SD » Sun Apr 28, 2013 19:36 UTC

Dudes,

I set up a website which is running a forum, not about games and such so no competition for Vogon, hope dyn doesn't mind me advertising it here :D
As some of you might have noticed, I like to discuss religion/Gods/stuff like that so it's primarily about that. Anything else can also be discussed.

http://www.thinkingabouttheism.com

It's running phpBB3. And it's my fist attempt at doing anything even remotely like this, never hosted a site/forum before so if you have any comments or suggestions - hit me. And of course sign up if you want - hope to see some of you there!
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Re: Made my first website! Please check it out

Postby chuva » Sun Apr 28, 2013 20:41 UTC

Cosmic Zombie? :)

Nice black skin... Interesting focus...

:smilina: :smilina:
chuva
TM

Server: CTF

Re: Made my first website! Please check it out

Postby SD » Sun Apr 28, 2013 21:07 UTC

Yeah that's me. I installed problack cos bright ones hurt my eyes cos I have a tendency to use the comp with no lights on :)
SD
Former Admin

Re: Made my first website! Please check it out! :)

Postby dyn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:25 UTC

It looks great! However even more than design it's important to see why should people join and discuss stuff on that particular site -- you know, any traffic idea or "something going on", which potentially attracts people.

Today you have a lot of information already available virtually everywhere so it must be something unique. Funny thing is, after people get interested it doesn't matter anymore what design you use. In case of PHPBB3 it is already nice/compact looking by default.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Re: Made my first website! Please check it out! :)

Postby SD » Mon Apr 29, 2013 18:40 UTC

Thanks! I had fun messing around and tweaking things. I just looked at installing Ajax Chat like you did here but it's massively complicated and although I downloaded the mod, the instructions aren't clear enough for me.
SD
Former Admin

Return to General Discussion