Sayiny Good By to Q3

Info on Quake 3 and VOGON servers - live status of all Q3 servers

Sayiny Good By to Q3

Postby King Quake » Wed Oct 13, 2010 17:58 UTC

Hi,

I played this game longer than anyone (probably). I have enjoyed it and will always have fond memories of it.

I have decided to stop playing because I am still considered a cheater by some of the Admins here. Thats OK. I wish they would show me a demo or back it up with more than just "I can tell".

Either way no big deal. I don't feel comfortable being attacked without cause. So thanks to all I have played. Totally enjoyed the experience - for the most part - I, like all, have had by bad games.

Finally thanks to Vogon for providing the best thought out Q3 server - EVER!!!

Cheers and all the best.

King Quake :king: :king:
King Quake

Re: Sayiny Good By to Q3

Postby AG » Wed Oct 13, 2010 18:08 UTC

AG wrote:
General_T wrote:As far as I'm concerned anybody with a 100+ping beating a skilled player with a 20 ping is cheating in some fashion. Anybody from over seas in Europe (particularily Russia) beating a skilled LPB in USA IS MOST DEFINATELY CHEATING.

funny that *you* of all people, king quake, would be making accusations like that.

if you don't have a demo, you don't have a case.

General_T wrote:I have decided to stop playing because I am still considered a cheater by some of the Admins here. Thats OK. I wish they would show me a demo or back it up with more than just "I can tell".

Either way no big deal. I don't feel comfortable being attacked without cause.

lolz.
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Oct 13, 2010 20:34 UTC

bye Shogun, kazz, general tao, king quake or whatever u call yourself these days.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby craij » Wed Oct 13, 2010 22:52 UTC

AG wrote:lolz.

Apocalypse wrote:bye Shogun, kazz, general tao, king quake or whatever u call yourself these days.

I'm sure I don't know much but you guys are looking pretty cold right now.

GGs KQ
craij

Server: FFA

Postby AG » Thu Oct 14, 2010 00:29 UTC

craij wrote:I'm sure I don't know much but you guys are looking pretty cold right now.

don't worry, this guy has a flair for the dramatic.

you would think someone who whines about not being treated fairly and having been wrongly accused of cheating wouldn't turn around and continuously do the exact same thing to others. hypocrisy, no?
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby 1UnRaTeD1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 00:58 UTC

it will be a matter of time before he comes back :) under new ip and all. its not the 1st time i seen dat happen. And not only happened in q3
1UnRaTeD1

Postby craij » Thu Oct 14, 2010 01:21 UTC

oh, ok. not so cold anymore then.
craij

Postby SD » Thu Oct 14, 2010 06:27 UTC

Whos accused you of what? When? Do tell
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3

Postby AG » Thu Oct 14, 2010 06:49 UTC

check the other 1v1 thread. nobody accused him of anything -- it was exactly what i told craij above.
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby dyn » Fri Oct 15, 2010 02:23 UTC

KQ, i am not sure you really want to stop playing Q3. At same time you need to understand admins will be suspicious of anyone who is winning with big score difference all the time. Someone may be that good, but usually people cheating have scores like that, so no wonder others get suspicious.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8

Postby King Quake » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:12 UTC

Hi Dyn,

Thank you for the reply. I'm not leaving Q3 in anger though. I think I am trying to overcome my addiction (lol). I figure the best way is to just give it up period.

As far as the cheating thing goes, all I can say (again) is I HAVE NEVER CHEATED. I totally understand how people can believe that someone who wins by a large margin may be cheating. Hell, it's usually my first thought as well. But that has to be tempered with a reality check. I mean if the guy has a really low ping (20) and any experience, and is happy to spam (lol) he is probably going to do well. Like the rest of you, if I get beat, my first thought is "is this guy cheating", but usually thats it - it's just a thought. If that person has a low ping and seems to know what he's doing then I will accept he is simply better than I am (at least for that day). I usually attribute a lot of this sort of thing to the ISP or the server; ie my connection just isn't as good for whatever reason. Of course if someone can tweak their config then that is going to help them as well. For me. apart from adding color to my name, I don't do much more with the config (except the standard things like FOV/Snaps/FPS etc).

I do have to say though, that when I am being beat by a +150 ping playing from nowhere Russia,I am extremely suspicious. But as stated,I have no proof. But, like all, I am entitled to my suspicion. I don't think that's a crime?

Anyway apart from the odd run in with some present and past Admins on Vogon, this has been a very enjoyable and rewarding experience. I have nothing but Cudo's for the organization shown on this site (Forum and Game Server Setup). The fact that Vogon is still alive and well speaks volumes about how well this excessive format has been developed.

Thanks again and all the best.

Tony
King Quake

Postby IJ » Fri Oct 15, 2010 13:12 UTC

General_T wrote:I mean if the guy has a really low ping (20) and any experience, and is happy to spam (lol) he is probably going to do well.

No idea who you are talking about.

- Inspector(super low ping cuase I'm sitting right on top of the freaking server spamming away with lots of experience)Jimb
IJ
Former Admin

Postby craij » Fri Oct 15, 2010 15:41 UTC

inspectorjimb wrote:
General_T wrote:I mean if the guy has a really low ping (20) and any experience, and is happy to spam (lol) he is probably going to do well.

No idea who you are talking about.

me. :megagrin: hehe
craij

Postby AG » Fri Oct 15, 2010 18:03 UTC

General_T wrote:Hi Dyn,

Thank you for the reply. I'm not leaving Q3 in anger though. I think I am trying to overcome my addiction (lol). I figure the best way is to just give it up period.

As far as the cheating thing goes, all I can say (again) is I HAVE NEVER CHEATED. I totally understand how people can believe that someone who wins by a large margin may be cheating. Hell, it's usually my first thought as well. But that has to be tempered with a reality check. I mean if the guy has a really low ping (20) and any experience, and is happy to spam (lol) he is probably going to do well. Like the rest of you, if I get beat, my first thought is "is this guy cheating", but usually thats it - it's just a thought. If that person has a low ping and seems to know what he's doing then I will accept he is simply better than I am (at least for that day). I usually attribute a lot of this sort of thing to the ISP or the server; ie my connection just isn't as good for whatever reason. Of course if someone can tweak their config then that is going to help them as well. For me. apart from adding color to my name, I don't do much more with the config (except the standard things like FOV/Snaps/FPS etc).

I do have to say though, that when I am being beat by a +150 ping playing from nowhere Russia,I am extremely suspicious. But as stated,I have no proof. But, like all, I am entitled to my suspicion. I don't think that's a crime?

Anyway apart from the odd run in with some present and past Admins on Vogon, this has been a very enjoyable and rewarding experience. I have nothing but Cudo's for the organization shown on this site (Forum and Game Server Setup). The fact that Vogon is still alive and well speaks volumes about how well this excessive format has been developed.

Thanks again and all the best.

Tony

all i can say (again) is SOMEONE WHO HATES BEING ACCUSED OF CHEATING SHOULDN'T BE SO WILLING TO DO THE SAME TO OTHERS.

if all it took to ban someone was a suspicion of cheating, you'd still be gone.

any more theatrics you'd like to add to this?
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby VAT » Fri Oct 15, 2010 20:03 UTC

K-Q ,
either you are the best player in the milkyway
provided that more than 2 space-quakers are
busy with jumping around or vogon-players are
the lame duck of the universe ...
all self-proclaimed kings in the human history were cheaters,
why should you be the sole exception ?
VAT

Postby AG » Mon Oct 18, 2010 22:19 UTC

surprisingly enough, he was playing just today.

king quake is the annual black sabbath breakup tour of quake 3.
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby Apocalypse » Mon Oct 18, 2010 23:05 UTC

AG wrote:surprisingly enough, he was playing just today.

king quake is the annual black sabbath breakup tour of quake 3.

:lol:
lol
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby King Quake » Tue Oct 19, 2010 18:47 UTC

Hi,

Your right. I tried to stay away, but can't. I have definately reduced my time, but need this once in awhile. Ah. well I'm only human and this provides a lot of enjoyment.

I will refrain from posting the impossible in the future.

Cheers
King Quake

Postby AG » Tue Oct 19, 2010 20:18 UTC

now that you're off your period, at least try to take heed of the original point.

makes our lives easier.
AG
Q3 Admin

Return to Quake 3