vogon HQ high PING + LAG

Info on Quake 3 and VOGON servers - live status of all Q3 servers

vogon HQ high PING + LAG

Postby Russian » Fri Jul 15, 2011 22:06 UTC

Sense about two days ago vogon hq server began lagging and my ping has almost doubled. I just want to let the administration know just in case they dont know of an existing issue with server. or maybe is this a temporary thing? If its possible please fix this. When I play with these settings I can barley hit anybody and you all know that I like to use rail and I need my dead on aim, double ping making it complicated to play for me. Thanks administration in advance. Please let me know if this is temporary or is this gonna stay this way. Thanks ( GRIMREAPER )
Russian

Favorite map: dm17
Server: FFA

Re: vogon HQ high PING + LAG

Postby Shurik rus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 22:12 UTC

Your old ping 35 x 2 = 70...no bad ping hehe(for me ofcoarse)...Dont worry Painter your old ping comeback :-)
Shurik rus

Postby Russian » Fri Jul 15, 2011 22:16 UTC

Your old ping 35 x 2 = 70...no bad ping hehe(for me ofcoarse)...Dont worry Painter your old ping comeback :-)

actually ping went from 27 to 50. I know this is good ping still. But the problem is if im used to playing with 27 and it goes straight to 50 it messes my game up just cuz I'm not used to the motion of ping 50 because used to being on 27.
Russian

Favorite map: dm17

Postby Kitty » Fri Jul 15, 2011 22:17 UTC

I have been having issues also,first time for me was yesterday...then today it was just as bad.. first I thought it was just me,I had serious connection interruptions,higher ping than normal..lag I was trying to walk up stairs...I couldnt, it was all jerky and skipping... it looked funny but wasnt...very aggravating and now more players are complaining about lag :smilina: .
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby Kitty » Fri Jul 15, 2011 22:19 UTC

Russian wrote:

actually ping went from 27 to 50. I know this is good ping still. But the problem is if im used to playing with 27 and it goes straight to 50 it messes my game up just cuz I'm not used to the motion of ping 50 because used to being on 27.

Its not just ping...its lag...skipping...being jerked all over the place
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby craij » Tue Jul 19, 2011 21:26 UTC

first i'll poke fun: you guys sound like dusty ol' blue-hairs complaining about your caviar.

then i'll be serious: server lag sux
craij

Return to Quake 3