hook is not working in CTF

Info on Quake 3 and VOGON servers - live status of all Q3 servers

Re: hook is not working in CTF

Postby =RS= » Fri Dec 23, 2011 00:36 UTC

I knew this would happen all the settings were changed, ctf players were insulted when they questioned it. So some people had a little fun with badger baiting. So know no one plays there anymore its going to take months for it to build up again, so in the mean time ive no one to play there with. but as long you had a bit of fun with CTF thats alright
=RS=
Former Admin

Favorite map: any1
Server: CTF

Postby SD » Fri Dec 23, 2011 04:27 UTC

You mean one setting changed? Its hardly our fault ctf players are so fucking childish they throw all their toys out of the pram because the hook temporarily went missing. Fuck, even when it was reinstated the crying continued because it wasnt PRECISELY the same as before. Also, in case it hadnt come to your attention, its christmas, perhaps people are busy partying and wrapping presents and other seasonal things?
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby borgsex » Fri Dec 23, 2011 14:21 UTC

Hook or no Hook
I still love Quake 3
and
MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS! (to all of you who know what the fuck I mean)

And Merry Christmas to all the others.

and yes we are shopping and partying and generally doing what borgs do at Christmas time but I'll be about for some frags very soon.
borgsex

Postby AG » Thu Dec 29, 2011 01:34 UTC

=RS= wrote:I knew this would happen all the settings were changed, ctf players were insulted when they questioned it. So some people had a little fun with badger baiting. So know no one plays there anymore its going to take months for it to build up again, so in the mean time ive no one to play there with. but as long you had a bit of fun with CTF thats alright

i'm going to make the assumption that you didn't read parts of this thread.

none of us mind helping people out or fixing problems or mistakes, but this small group of people have traditionally seemed to think that we are at their beck and call and are here to satiate their every demand. if those players absolutely cannot tolerate a single change and refuse to play, then they are the ones shutting themselves out of their own entertainment. they'll be back.

question — aren't you an admin/tm?
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17

Postby =RS= » Thu Dec 29, 2011 22:22 UTC

IN that case aren't you

ps Ive had my say thats all
=RS=
Former Admin

Postby AG » Sat Dec 31, 2011 22:12 UTC

=RS= wrote:

IN that case aren't you

ps Ive had my say thats all

…what i was going to say was that if you had this much of an investment in the ctf server you could have just turned the hook on yourself.
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17

Postby =RS= » Mon Jan 02, 2012 01:58 UTC

AG, I go with Dyns decisons and settings I am not going to second guess him am I. The only thing I can do is to ask dyn to put the setting back as they were, as it is of now there's no one playing there. Every time the settings are changed the players disappear for months.
=RS=
Former Admin

Postby SD » Mon Jan 02, 2012 14:04 UTC

=RS= wrote:AG, I go with Dyns decisons and settings I am not going to second guess him am I. The only thing I can do is to ask dyn to put the setting back as they were, as it is of now there's no one playing there. Every time the settings are changed the players disappear for months.

This is correct, when the settings are changed the players refuse to play. But as has been said (more than once) in this thread, all that boycotting and similar behaviour does is demonstrate the CTF crowds lack of flexibility. The hook was only gone a matter of days, dyn even said very early on (i think the 3rd or 4th post down on page one) that it would be enabled again soon.
Originally when you posted about the hook not working I went ahead and re-enabled it because I thought it was a glitch or some other admin was experimenting with settings and forgot to put it back how it was. As AG said, it could well have been just a glitch but it gave dyn an idea he wanted to try out for a (short) time. I've seen a lot of the CTF regulars back on there recently, there are some there right now, you could just be missing them.
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3

Postby donkey kong » Mon Jan 02, 2012 20:08 UTC

Running my own server, I ended up creating an admiration for the admins. Running a server is easy, what is difficult is to manage it.
The vast majority of players here (in my server) do not know the mod, and gradually they learn the details.
But what is funny are the complaints. In just one month of activity, I heard so much that seems crazy.
While some complain of excessive power in some weapons, others complain of lack.
Some complain about the use of the hook, others demand that is not removed.
Some hate the shot through the walls, others require that it exists.
Some want larger maps, others not.
Even the bots have not escaped: this bot does not move, that is very fast, the other one is very silly. Some ask to put more bots, others to remove all.

I imagine that if a server with less than one month of existence, and still need fine tuning, already have that amount of opinions, as it will be difficult to manage if one day reach the size of the Vogon Hq :) .

The players seem to forget is the main goal: does not matter if the beam crosses the moon. The important thing is to have a wholesome entertainment. Enjoy the new settings, test, learn, change the way you play. It will be very pleasurable. And if even after that they think is not good, oh yes, suggest modifications.

I think when admins make changes is to improve the satisfaction that the player has. Not the other way.
And do not forget, also admins usually play.
donkey kong

Server: FFA

Previous

Return to Quake 3