Vogon FFA Server

Info on Quake 3 and VOGON servers - live status of all Q3 servers

Vogon FFA Server

Postby donkey kong » Thu Mar 15, 2012 15:07 UTC

Me and an American friend (Phillipe) are placed about 3 months ago in Philadelphia a server running vogon mod. Despite being a server for testing, while the hq.vogon is not working, I invite friends that want to play to try this server.

I did not make any disclosure of this server just to not interfere with the normal course of hq. Although not an exact copy of the vogon, I think our friends will enjoy themselves a little, until the return of hq.vogon.

As we were also under heavy attack in the last week, I made several modifications to the code server and I even changed the port for connection and reinforced protection by the firewall. The server now seems to be very stable and safe (I hope :))

If you guys want to try, the address is:

184.82.160.147:28973

dk
donkey kong

Server: FFA

Re: Vogon FFA Server

Postby SD » Thu Mar 15, 2012 17:23 UTC

Thanks DK, nice of you.
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby donkey kong » Fri Mar 16, 2012 14:45 UTC

SD wrote:
Thanks DK, nice of you.

I'm happy when I can help. Especially now that there are few options to play quake3 and vogon is one. (And the best!)

But I'd like to make a request to friends: do not put the address of this server in gametracker!
I even thank those who put them there, but yesterday I blocked gametracker access to our server's. I have the distinct impression that the choice of targets to attack are made from their server list. I noticed that every time a server is among the first in the list, becomes the target of attacks.
So if someone search gametracker will see that the server is listed as dead, but he is online!

And good game for all !!!
donkey kong

Postby craij » Fri Mar 16, 2012 16:34 UTC

Thanks for sharing your server DK. It's smooth. Enjoy it very much. See you there.
craij

Postby donkey kong » Fri Mar 16, 2012 16:50 UTC

Ok, craij.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll be there around 23h (time of Brazil, 21h i think in the U.S.)
donkey kong

Postby Emrys » Fri Mar 16, 2012 17:39 UTC

Nice server, I've enjoyed playing on it.
Emrys

Postby chaos252 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 20:47 UTC

ill be back on soon dk, really love the settings! not as floaty as hq1. my quake 3 folder is such a mess with all the mods and maps I've downloaded. I gotta figure out how to get my cfg on there. maybe mods could sticky this thread for awhile?
chaos252
Former Admin

Favorite map: QZTOURNEY6

Postby AG » Mon Mar 19, 2012 22:12 UTC

tried out the server — seems to work pretty good.

only thing i'd suggest is setting vg_mapListSmall and vg_mapListSmallNum so that huge boring maps don't load when there are only a couple of players logged on.
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17

Postby donkey kong » Tue Mar 20, 2012 00:44 UTC

ty Ag.

I do not put these options because players made ​​the request to have more maps. And depending on the maps, there are more (agressive) bots, not to be so monotonous. But if the majority want, no problem, I can put these options in place :)

dk
donkey kong

Postby craij » Tue Mar 20, 2012 22:18 UTC

donkey kong wrote:Ok, craij.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll be there around 23h (time of Brazil, 21h i think in the U.S.)

OK. I usually hit around 13h to 18h (US).
craij

Postby donkey kong » Sun Apr 01, 2012 17:49 UTC

Hey friends,

The server is no longer set to sv_pure 1 there are approximately 15 days. I had put in this way only to finish my anti-wallhack code.
I hope those who could not connect before can now connect without trouble.

Hugs.

dk.
donkey kong

Postby chaos252 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 22:41 UTC

im not sure if its my packet settings but i have noticed a strange thing. there is a delay when rendering models. when entering a new room or particularly q3ctf1 with the pillars in the middle. its like the models disappear when out of sight then reappear but there is a delay so they just appear in mid air. its fine on most maps but like q3ctf1 and a few other open ones with pillars its annoying.

should i set maxpackets lower or something to fix this?
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby chaos252 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 22:43 UTC

i asked the other ppl if they noticed it and they didnt so its gotta be a setting of mine
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby Tripredacus » Thu Apr 12, 2012 03:12 UTC

I've had no problems and to my knowledge I've never set a maxpackets.

I checked my cfg for vogon and my max packets is set for 30 if that helps.

EDIT: IDK if this server uses the cfg in the vogon folder or not. I did not see any folder similar to the server name.
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM2

Postby AG » Thu Apr 12, 2012 03:19 UTC

chaos252 wrote:im not sure if its my packet settings but i have noticed a strange thing. there is a delay when rendering models. when entering a new room or particularly q3ctf1 with the pillars in the middle. its like the models disappear when out of sight then reappear but there is a delay so they just appear in mid air. its fine on most maps but like q3ctf1 and a few other open ones with pillars its annoying.

should i set maxpackets lower or something to fix this?

actually i noticed that too.
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby 1UnRaTeD1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 23:32 UTC

customs be nice i got all of vogons customs maps they good to :)
1UnRaTeD1

Postby chaos252 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 22:52 UTC

my maxpackets was somehow at 30 (lol) and bumping it up to 125 helped some. the problem is from the anti wallhack. its not so much a problem when entering rooms, that i could get used to. its in open areas with little bridge or pillars, every time someone runs behind a pillar for just a moment they disappear and reappear. me and atomic girl tested it and theres a point, where an enemy is visible and then right before they go out of sight they vanish. is there a way to make small map brushes like bridges or pillars not included in the anti wallhack? im not sure how quake maps work. if not i will just get used to it.

that aside the server is very fun and hope to see you all there soon :)
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby donkey kong » Wed Apr 18, 2012 04:47 UTC

Thanks, chaos and atomic. I had not noticed this detail. I'm fixing this bug as soon as possible.
donkey kong

Postby chaos252 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 06:06 UTC

its definitely a good idea though great work!
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby craij » Wed Apr 18, 2012 16:36 UTC

chaos252 wrote:the problem is from the anti wallhack. its not so much a problem when entering rooms, that i could get used to. its in open areas with little bridge or pillars, every time someone runs behind a pillar for just a moment they disappear and reappear. me and atomic girl tested it and theres a point, where an enemy is visible and then right before they go out of sight they vanish. is there a way to make small map brushes like bridges or pillars not included in the anti wallhack? im not sure how quake maps work. if not i will just get used to it.

I see random hook lines appearing through walls all the time. I suppose this is also due to the same anti-wallhack code? (is unfortunate, since the hook is so fast, I often aim at those points)
craij

Postby AG » Wed Apr 18, 2012 17:02 UTC

i noticed the disappearing thing on q3dm14 the most. suspected it involved the anti-wallhack stuff. still say you should recheck your code since vandread was still wallhacking with it… but, none of that stuff is foolproof anyway (and vandread is certainly a fool.)
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby Kitty » Thu Apr 19, 2012 04:13 UTC

Ive been away,Tried the server tonite. Thanks dk its nice =) Hope to see u there soon :smilina:
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby chaos252 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 04:56 UTC

there is so many different hacks im sure some will work with whatever you can create. i dont see how with the models actually not rendering but who knows.. i remember seeing hook lines.. but i changed something a long time ago and i dont see em anymore. or at least i dont notice it.. i think on dks server the hook is set high, you can make some crazy hook jumps ;)
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby Russian » Thu Apr 26, 2012 04:35 UTC

this is very nice servers dk, thanks for setting this up for us wish some more people would come play! :D
Russian

Favorite map: dm17

Postby Kitty » Thu Apr 26, 2012 04:46 UTC

Dk the server is super sweet (: I just want to thank you grim reaper and JJ for all your patience and help Hugs. You guys are great !! <3 y'all we need players (:
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby AG » Thu Apr 26, 2012 05:51 UTC

Kitty wrote:Dk the server is super sweet (: I just want to thank you grim reaper and JJ for all your patience and help Hugs. You guys are great !! <3 y'all we need players (:

need i point out the irony here.
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby AG » Thu Apr 26, 2012 07:12 UTC

Russian wrote:this is very nice servers dk, thanks for setting this up for us wish some more people would come play! :D

yeah. with you and vandread there, that server is going to need some new players that aren't using aimbots and wall hacks.
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby Kitty » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:15 UTC

AG wrote:
Kitty wrote:Dk the server is super sweet (: I just want to thank you grim reaper and JJ for all your patience and help Hugs. You guys are great !! <3 y'all we need players (:

need i point out the irony here.

Yea. Well. I actually asked a admin for help first. Never heard from them. Hagd :( so it's all good :)
Kitty
Former Admin

Postby chaos252 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:50 UTC

Kitty wrote:He told me he feels like a terrorist and Im a FBI negotiator....oh my... I told him not to mess with any part of vogon...he told me its too late...wasnt gonna happen til they get everything together gonna keep scanning the server

and yea he went way over the top....he can stay gone as far as Im concerned...and no he didnt hack unrated acc and get my home address.. .thank goodness, I was ready to move !!!!

o rly kitty? have you forgotten all the drama with this idiot kid?

perhaps all of the "ddos attacking the servers" business. dont remember? perhaps the blatant aimbot use (demo attached) and using proxies to circumvent a ban? threats made to people here??

this is a person that does not belong in this community. period. if dk has any sense he will ban him on his server as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby Kitty » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:43 UTC

Thank you dk for a sweet server. Fun fun!!
Kitty
Former Admin

Next

Return to Quake 3