Vogon FFA Server

Info on Quake 3 and VOGON servers - live status of all Q3 servers

Re: Vogon FFA Server

Postby AG » Thu Apr 26, 2012 15:53 UTC

Kitty wrote:
AG wrote:
Kitty wrote:Dk the server is super sweet (: I just want to thank you grim reaper and JJ for all your patience and help Hugs. You guys are great !! <3 y'all we need players (:

need i point out the irony here.

Yea. Well. I actually asked a admin for help first. Never heard from them. Hagd :( so it's all good :)

haha. yeah, why not!?
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby AG » Thu Apr 26, 2012 15:54 UTC

chaos252 wrote:
Kitty wrote:He told me he feels like a terrorist and Im a FBI negotiator....oh my... I told him not to mess with any part of vogon...he told me its too late...wasnt gonna happen til they get everything together gonna keep scanning the server

and yea he went way over the top....he can stay gone as far as Im concerned...and no he didnt hack unrated acc and get my home address.. .thank goodness, I was ready to move !!!!

o rly kitty? have you forgotten all the drama with this idiot kid?

perhaps all of the "ddos attacking the servers" business. dont remember? perhaps the blatant aimbot use (demo attached) and using proxies to circumvent a ban? threats made to people here??

this is a person that does not belong in this community. period. if dk has any sense he will ban him on his server as well.

+Like
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby craij » Fri Apr 27, 2012 02:26 UTC

speaking of DOS attacks... can't seem to connect right now. anyone else having an issue?
craij

Server: FFA

Postby Tripredacus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 03:53 UTC

craij wrote:speaking of DOS attacks... can't seem to connect right now. anyone else having an issue?

Yep. And down it is but ag is up. No master server is a prob tho since no random players show up. But FFA has been down for quite a while now.
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM2

Postby dyn » Fri Apr 27, 2012 13:58 UTC

Q3 master server is up. I think there was some downtime, yes. You know it may be very difficult to afford server pinger + restart script for a company with a budget under $1 billion USD. Technology like that is very expensive. We have it on all servers, but VOGON budget is $34 trillion, so...yea. :)
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8

Postby AG » Fri Apr 27, 2012 16:18 UTC

not that there's much point in leaving this reply, but something's wonky on dk's server and i'm assuming it's the "anti-wallhack" changes he's made.

1. wallhacks do still work. i've demo'd people using them.
2. there is still that weird issue with players appearing and disappearing that was mentioned earlier, only it seems to have gotten worse.
3. while playing, i'd see bots (generally) fine. while spec'ing, bots were pretty much invisible.
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby donkey kong » Fri Apr 27, 2012 18:47 UTC

I thought a lot before writing this post. Actually, I was not willing to do it. But anyway, let's go.

I always treated everybody with maximum courtesy and respect possible. When hq vogon stopped working, I put my server available to anyone who wanted to play. From the first moment I said it was not a copy of hq vogon!

Interestingly, everyone who played there liked it a lot, with the exception of some admins. Every day these admins complained about something, they fought with everyone, complained about everything. I decided to no longer hear them.

Such anti-wallhack, unfortunately for a few, works. As a bargaining chip has some small problems, like the one mentioned above. In spectator mode you can not see some players and bots. So what?

And this bullshit to say that does not work and has a demo showing players using is pure fudge. Where is this demo? It has never been posted here or sent to me.

What's more, try to use auto-aim in my server. Simply does not work!

The summary of this whole farce is one: if you, admins, do not like my server, do not throw it! Now, orchestrating a massive attack on a small server like mine, is really an absurdity, a true childishness. The idiot who did this, like all these scripts kids, should be very proud.

This idiot just should not forget that for every action there is reaction. I've always been peaceful. But there the day of the hunt and the hunter has the day. What was made will not go unanswered.

Good people can continue using my server. When it comes back, and if it comes back.

With this post i close definitely my participation here.
donkey kong

Postby AG » Fri Apr 27, 2012 19:30 UTC

not sure what you're getting pissy about. you want to run a server, cool. i've played on it a couple of times, people seem to like it. great.

however, whether you like it or not, it's got some bugs. couple of people have tried to let you know, but you're pretty convinced nothing is wrong. if you recall, i've offered to send you demos but you declined. don't get it twisted… i'm not trash talking your server — when there have been problems with these servers, don't you think i've told dyn? i offered input for you — you're not interested. figure it out and fix it yourself then. or don't.

donkey kong wrote:The summary of this whole farce is one: if you, admins, do not like my server, do not throw it! Now, orchestrating a massive attack on a small server like mine, is really an absurdity, a true childishness.

if you're insinuating that any of us are attacking your server, you are definitely mistaken. none of us would do that, and if it's happening to you that sucks and hope you get it taken care of. some people out there are big fucking babies and don't realize that all of us are just doing this as a hobby for the few people left playing.

donkey kong wrote:Interestingly, everyone who played there liked it a lot, with the exception of some admins. Every day these admins complained about something, they fought with everyone, complained about everything. I decided to no longer hear them.

i'm not sure who you're talking about here (or if you even know who you're talking about), but for the record — aside from the couple of bugs, non-working anti-cheat stuff and the fact that it seems to have become a haven for players banned from here for cheating or being idiots, your server settings were pretty good. my only complaint was too many big maps when there were small numbers of players. otherwise it was fine.

donkey kong wrote:This idiot just should not forget that for every action there is reaction. I've always been peaceful. But there the day of the hunt and the hunter has the day. What was made will not go unanswered.

threats are also going to get you nowhere.
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby AG » Fri Apr 27, 2012 19:51 UTC

WE GET SO MUCH MONEY AND FAME AND GIRLS FROM VOGON QUAKE 3 THAT WE HAVE TO TAKE DOWN ALL COMPETITORS!!!!!1111

lolz
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Apr 27, 2012 22:16 UTC

wow i unplugged for 2 days and missed alot
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby chaos252 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 02:00 UTC

you didnt really miss alot.

have no idea what the deal is with dk's server. i've literally been in there 4-5 times total, no idea what hes talking about. noticed the wallhack glitch and only brought it up to see if there was something i could do to remedy it. bumping up maxpackets helped alot. its really only a small annoyance if anything. i have no interest playing there now though, as he lets that scumbag russian play. im not sure what russian has told him but there was a solid reason he was banned for good from our servers. its really a pity kitty turned out to be such a hypocrite with that guy.

here are some messages he sent me talking about the ddos attack he was planning and trying to get people ip numbers to attack. not only is the guy not to be trusted but he was caught using an aimbot. its pretty cut and dry. no excuses to be made.

@DK on a side note. while your efforts to cheat-proof your server are commendable, nothing is fool-proof when it comes to quake 3 cheating. there is literally thousands of different variations of aimbot/hooks and wallhacks. in quakes hayday, punkbuster had to be updated weekly sometimes daily to keep up with all the cheating nonsense. youve done a good job with your efforts though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chaos252
Former Admin

Favorite map: QZTOURNEY6

Postby craij » Sat Apr 28, 2012 03:56 UTC

lolz chaos, you rat

Tripredacus wrote:
craij wrote:speaking of DOS attacks... can't seem to connect right now. anyone else having an issue?

Yep. And down it is but ag is up. No master server is a prob tho since no random players show up. But FFA has been down for quite a while now.

Sorry Trip. I was referring to DK's server. I should have been more clear about that.
craij

Postby chaos252 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 04:48 UTC

lol its funny how he calls me a rat, when if you could read the tm thread about him way back then i was the only one sticking up for him. id play with the guy every night.

we kept in contact for a little while, i told him to just chill and he would prolly be allowed back. crusher, kawkboy shurik etc have all been banned for one thing or another but they come back. i was the only admin sticking up for him. all the talk about getting peoples ip's and home addresses, ddos attacks etc. really changed my mind about him though. then he started aimbotting.. sad really.
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby SD » Sat Apr 28, 2012 16:27 UTC

donkey kong wrote:I thought a lot before writing this post.

I'm not convinced.

donkey kong wrote:This idiot just should not forget that for every action there is reaction. I've always been peaceful. But there the day of the hunt and the hunter has the day. What was made will not go unanswered.

I'm sure we're all shitting our selves uncontrollably.
(None of the admins here would be fucking with your buggy server - we have better things to do)
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3

Postby Tripredacus » Sun Apr 29, 2012 01:21 UTC

I think DK is being too angered here in general at things outside vogon.

IDK about wallhacks or cheats because I never tried them. All those I spec'd (when possible before spec didn't show players) showed no hackers to me.

As for the demo, IDK what this is, but may be related to AG's Vandread post recently (for the benefit) in Q3 section. IDK. :-(

As far as the anger (as quoted by AG above) is just a rant. DK server was unreachable a few days. I got to play bots on AG's server 2 days so something took DK down it seems. But DK shouldn't come on here making such claims like it might be someone here doing it, which is what his post seems to say (and why AG takes offense) without proof.
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM2

Postby *eM*seva » Sun Apr 29, 2012 16:20 UTC

Hi all :)))
I wanted to thanks Dk for these servers! I love! You're the only administrator who helps other players...we can always ask you about everything and you always respond to e-mail!You ask players- if everything is alright!if there is something wrong, you always trying to fix it..You respect us and we respect you,what I can not say about other administrators like ...you know :) but now it is not important it belongs to the past,I'm glad that you're with us.Thanks!! you're the best!

Sorry for my english
*eM*seva

Postby craij » Mon Apr 30, 2012 05:06 UTC

i just threw up a little
gg
craij

Postby dyn » Fri May 04, 2012 08:44 UTC

AG wrote:not that there's much point in leaving this reply, but something's wonky on dk's server and i'm assuming it's the "anti-wallhack" changes he's made.

1. wallhacks do still work. i've demo'd people using them.
2. there is still that weird issue with players appearing and disappearing that was mentioned earlier, only it seems to have gotten worse.
3. while playing, i'd see bots (generally) fine. while spec'ing, bots were pretty much invisible.

Tripredacus wrote:I think DK is being too angered here in general at things outside vogon.

IDK about wallhacks or cheats because I never tried them. All those I spec'd (when possible before spec didn't show players) showed no hackers to me.

As for the demo, IDK what this is, but may be related to AG's Vandread post recently (for the benefit) in Q3 section. IDK. :-(

As far as the anger (as quoted by AG above) is just a rant. DK server was unreachable a few days. I got to play bots on AG's server 2 days so something took DK down it seems. But DK shouldn't come on here making such claims like it might be someone here doing it, which is what his post seems to say (and why AG takes offense) without proof.

Yes, it's ridiculous to take offense if someone points out what he thinks may be wrong, and gives valuable input on how to improve it. Suggestions like that should be appreciated, in contrast we always welcome input from people, because this enables us to improve. If players are disappearing when in spec it means their server was modified so it doesn't send info on player position like normal q3 does. I didn't play there but i guess there are few ways possible to accomplish that, from blocking info altogether to reducing ranges. This is not part of our mod, also it may cause various problems when Q3 or any mod is relying on correct information about player or bot position.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8

Postby chaos252 » Wed May 09, 2012 04:28 UTC

lol dk banned me from his server for talking bad about russian. the guy is really an idiot
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby *eM*seva » Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 UTC

chaos252 wrote:lol dk banned me from his server for talking bad about russian. the guy is really an idiot

I can not believe what you write here! how old are you 12? Your hobby is insulting people?Are dk behaves the same as you?no!why?because you act like a child and he like a grown man.
*eM*seva

Postby craij » Wed May 09, 2012 14:02 UTC

craij

Postby *eM*seva » Wed May 09, 2012 14:27 UTC

you're so funny Craij :)
*eM*seva

Postby chaos252 » Wed May 09, 2012 15:25 UTC

dk lets people who use aimbots play on his server, if he honestly expects nobody to comment on this then he is a very stupid grown man.
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby AG » Wed May 09, 2012 15:39 UTC

*eM*seva wrote:
chaos252 wrote:lol dk banned me from his server for talking bad about russian. the guy is really an idiot

I can not believe what you write here! how old are you 12? Your hobby is insulting people?Are dk behaves the same as you?no!why?because you act like a child and he like a grown man.

lol. you are apparently unaware of why russian / grim reaper is banned from here.

if that dude wants to fill his server with the dregs of humanity, then good luck with that.
AG
Q3 Admin

Postby chaos252 » Wed May 09, 2012 16:08 UTC

i find it hilarious that the guy banned me for "talking shit" about someone.

yet he lets someone who was banned here for aimbotting/harassment/threats play on his server.. lmao. what a silly server
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby *eM*seva » Wed May 09, 2012 16:14 UTC

I did not notice that anyone cheated there :) I think they're all good players the same as on uk.
*eM*seva

Postby chaos252 » Wed May 09, 2012 16:26 UTC

maybe you missed the demo of him aimbotting on the uk server then?

do you think all the good uk players liked that?

lol just stop talking.
chaos252
Former Admin

Postby *eM*seva » Wed May 09, 2012 16:49 UTC

I understand that the most important is only what you write,no matter what others write, it's important what you write/think (i not seen any videos of cheating, maybe one where played idn2 :) )
*eM*seva

Postby SD » Wed May 09, 2012 16:54 UTC

*eM*seva wrote:I understand that the most important is only what you write,no matter what others write, it's important what you write/think (i not seen any videos of cheating, maybe one where played idn2 :) )

It's on page 1 of THIS thread. Second post from the bottom.....
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3

Postby *eM*seva » Wed May 09, 2012 17:23 UTC

OK, i saw. As someone cheating -you need to prevent this,what the problem...there will always be somewhere cheater on the UK or the unlagged.
*eM*seva

PreviousNext

Return to Quake 3