COD4 servers [ TDM / FFA / DOM ]

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

COD4 servers [ TDM / FFA / DOM ]

Postby dyn » Mon Jul 05, 2010 23:05 UTC

ARES TDM (68.168.212.218:28960) /connect c1.vogon.vg
ARES FFA (68.168.212.221:28960) /connect c2.vogon.vg
ARES DOM (68.168.212.222:28960) /connect c3.vogon.vg

It is always best to use hostname (c*.vogon.vg) to connect than ip, because ip may change and hostname can always point to the correct ip.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Re: COD4 servers [ TDM / FFA / DOM ]

Postby dyn » Mon Jul 05, 2010 23:07 UTC

Port is always 28960, the default. You don't need to specify it when connecting.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby mar478 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 20:36 UTC

thank for all man!!! :megagrin:
mar478

Postby K_O_L_E_V » Sun Jul 11, 2010 17:46 UTC

Is it possible there to be any Admins in servers.... ?
K_O_L_E_V

Favorite map: Downpour
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby *kar!na* » Sat Jul 17, 2010 02:16 UTC

hello my name is Karina (yes i'm a woman) and i'm a loyal player in this server... my question is can you please try to use the PB in the TDM server or can i be one of the admins because i'm playing all the time and i can see all those cheaters.... i hate hackers and the game gets really boring when they are playing... so i can kick them because as i said i'm always playing =)
*kar!na*

Favorite map: WetWork

Postby dyn » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 UTC

I agree, we should turn PB on, at least on TDM. It has most players and those few who can't enable PB can play on DOM servers for time being. We will also need few more admins, but sometimes it's hard to see who is serious about it, or who may only use admin power to ban people randomly. Because of high amount of players we try not to argue or debate with cheaters, we only ban them, usually for limited amount of time. With PB enabled bans can stay in effect even longer.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby *kar!na* » Sat Jul 17, 2010 18:42 UTC

completely agree with you dyn.... Pikachu told me that this server had PB but it got very lagged... maybe if we try with 40 players or 44 as it is right now... and i can tell you that i'm really serious about the game... i play to have a really good time and when those cheaters are playing it pisses me off! =) when i suspect that someone is hacking, i spect him/her to see... is easy to find out who is cheating... i think everyone knows me because i play all the time... and this is an excellent server... the best one! and the quality can't go down.... and unfortunately with those cheaters sometimes it gets impossible to play... i have a lot of friends that love the server too and they don't play because of it... so i hope we can keep in touch... my best wishes! =)
*kar!na*

Postby pikachu » Sun Jul 18, 2010 00:31 UTC

sfkarina wrote:completely agree with you dyn.... Pikachu told me that this server had PB but it got very lagged... maybe if we try with 40 players or 44 as it is right now... and i can tell you that i'm really serious about the game... i play to have a really good time and when those cheaters are playing it pisses me off! =) when i suspect that someone is hacking, i spect him/her to see... is easy to find out who is cheating... i think everyone knows me because i play all the time... and this is an excellent server... the best one! and the quality can't go down.... and unfortunately with those cheaters sometimes it gets impossible to play... i have a lot of friends that love the server too and they don't play because of it... so i hope we can keep in touch... my best wishes! =)

hi kari!! :blush: (:

Dyn, know with PB the server so slow to out conecctions from Argentina, Venezuela etc.. I dont know but if all want play fast in the server is better PB disable. :borg:

Kisses to Karina, the best girl player of the server. :yes:
pikachu

Postby *kar!na* » Sun Jul 18, 2010 00:54 UTC

jejejee Kisses to you too babe!!! well.... i want to be an admin. because i'm always playing and in that case i can kick some cheaters!.... i really love this server and i get upset everytime a cheater enters in the server and i can't do anything.... Pika I LOVE YOU.... you're the best :P
*kar!na*

Postby dyn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:36 UTC

pikachu wrote:Dyn, know with PB the server so slow to out conecctions from Argentina, Venezuela etc.. I dont know but if all want play fast in the server is better PB disable. :borg:

For better performance and to avoid client lag, change pb_Sleep value. Go to the console by pressing SHIFT + ~ (tilde) key (below ESC) and enter the following:
Code: Select all
/pb_sleep 500
/pb_writecfg

Verify it by typing 'pb_sleep' again, it should be 500:
PunkBuster Client: pb_Sleep = 500 (20 to 500)

More info in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1288&p=19818#p19818
dyn
Site Admin

Postby dyn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:52 UTC

sfkarina wrote:completely agree with you dyn.... Pikachu told me that this server had PB but it got very lagged... maybe if we try with 40 players or 44 as it is right now... and i can tell you that i'm really serious about the game... i play to have a really good time and when those cheaters are playing it pisses me off! =) when i suspect that someone is hacking, i spect him/her to see... is easy to find out who is cheating... i think everyone knows me because i play all the time... and this is an excellent server... the best one! and the quality can't go down.... and unfortunately with those cheaters sometimes it gets impossible to play... i have a lot of friends that love the server too and they don't play because of it... so i hope we can keep in touch... my best wishes! =)

OK, i will let you know shortly. PB is not causing any server lag, nor it should lag your connection. It only causes lag when it's doing client-side checking which can be more intensive at start and then it normalizes. Another problem with PB is cvar logging. We are not doing much of that at all, so if anything our PB servers are more player friendly than most PB servers with default config. There are some hacks which can be detected that way, so we will increase cvar checking a bit, but not right away.

You will see even with PB enabled there will be cheaters. Last PB update was from May 4, 2010 which suggest PB team is not active that much. I personally prefer VAC (for games like TF2) over PB, it's non-intrusive, it doesn't run all the time in your system (i hate that with PB!), updates instantly without players even noticing it, and it detects more cheats overall. Even more -- players are so used to it, they avoid servers without VAC, so you get more people if you have it enabled. :) Here is one thread about PB vs. VAC: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1212303&pp=1000 ... Well, for COD4 we are stuck with PB or nothing at all, except auto-ban for obvious cheaters.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby pikachu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 00:37 UTC

dyn wrote:
pikachu wrote:Dyn, know with PB the server so slow to out conecctions from Argentina, Venezuela etc.. I dont know but if all want play fast in the server is better PB disable. :borg:

For better performance and to avoid client lag, change pb_Sleep value. Go to the console by pressing SHIFT + ~ (tilde) key (below ESC) and enter the following:
/pb_sleep 500
/pb_writecfg

Verify it by typing 'pb_sleep' again, it should be 500:
PunkBuster Client: pb_Sleep = 500 (20 to 500)

More info in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1288&p=19818#p19818

thx for the info sure Karina and more players like ur info.
pikachu

Postby pikachu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 00:40 UTC

ah, Dyn can u speak with bravia about the hacks? she like pay 100 dolars for the server but she use all time hacks like dany, oskitar from clan n0ob "caos", and willy wonka.

they think that by donating dollars have the right to use hacks. false, bad and hipocrite people.
pikachu

Postby Bravia » Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:06 UTC

pikachu wrote:ah, Dyn can u speak with bravia about the hacks? she like pay 100 dolars for the server but she use all time hacks like dany, oskitar from clan n0ob "caos", and willy wonka.

they think that by donating dollars have the right to use hacks. false, bad and hipocrite people.

Pikachu porque você está falando que sou hacker? Que uso hacker? Só porque te dei 2 facadas hoje??? Você não admite outras pessoas te darem facadas??? Se você não sabe, comprei outro pc e também um mouse gamer por isso é mais fácil agora dar facadas. Não deveria tratar as pessoas desta forma como me tratou, ofendendo a mim e a minha família. Isso é muito feio e não é coisa de homem. A partir de agora, todas as pessoas que te derem facadas são hackers? É isso??? Ou somente você pode dar facadas nos outros jogadores???
Bravia

Postby dyn » Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:12 UTC

pikachu wrote:ah, Dyn can u speak with bravia about the hacks? she like pay 100 dolars for the server but she use all time hacks like dany, oskitar from clan n0ob "caos", and willy wonka.

If someone is cheating then provide demo and we will examine it and ban that person, if needed. I think Bravia is honest enough not to use anything like that.

Speaking of complaints, we received a few from different players about you being disrespectful towards them, and calling them various derogatory names. Of course, i also told them to provide proof of that, because we do not log chats. We always respect freedom of speech, but when it comes to insults or personal attacks, we do not allow that. If someone cheats and you insult them, i understand more or less, but if you insult other players or even admins, that is not acceptable and won't be tolerated.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby pikachu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:21 UTC

dyn wrote:

If someone is cheating then provide demo and we will examine it and ban that person, if needed. I think Bravia is honest enough not to use anything like that.

Speaking of complaints, we received a few from different players about you being disrespectful towards them, and calling them various derogatory names. Of course, i also told them to provide proof of that, because we do not log chats. We always respect freedom of speech, but when it comes to insults or personal attacks, we do not allow that. If someone cheats and you insult them, i understand more or less, but if you insult other players or even admins, that is not acceptable and won't be tolerated.

if this people insult me and my country I have right insult back.
pikachu

Postby dyn » Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:23 UTC

Again, provide a demo of them insulting you or cheating. Without that nobody is guilty of anything.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby pikachu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:26 UTC

dyn wrote:Again, provide a demo of them insulting you or cheating. Without that nobody is guilty of anything.

bye man, I play no more on your servers. :fuckoff:
pikachu

Postby dyn » Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:32 UTC

That is your decision, but we need to follow certain rules. If you want forum account deactivated or deleted, let us know.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Apocalypse » Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:34 UTC

pikachu wrote:
dyn wrote:Again, provide a demo of them insulting you or cheating. Without that nobody is guilty of anything.

bye man, I play no more on your servers. :fuckoff:

Why ru getting so mad? all u gotta do is demo or screenshot of what the problem is then post it here. and telling Dyn to Fu*k Off is not a good idea.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby Orange_Joos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 18:03 UTC

Good job on the servers dyn, they are a lot of fun. The hackers are annoying at times, but I look at it this way: It is great competition to try and beat hackers :lol: Your TF2 servers are quite fun also. (:
Orange_Joos

Postby dyn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 16:35 UTC

Thanks! It may be some sort of competition, but we still ban them. Howeve you have a point, i saw few times experienced players overpowering aimbot users on COD4.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby [PB]Willy Wonka » Fri Jul 23, 2010 05:18 UTC

hey Dyn, is realy nice to meet you for the first time....i recently play on your server but some things had happened regularly. many ppl says that i hack? jest like pikachu says?, well i honestly don't Dyn ...im a computer noob and i can be around with the none scene of pikachu's....i want to appreciate you for having a really good server tho...thank you Dyn for everything. sincerely [PB]Willy Wonka...
[PB]Willy Wonka

Favorite map: crash

Postby [PB]Willy Wonka » Fri Jul 23, 2010 05:26 UTC

Postby pikachu on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 pm EDT
ah, Dyn can u speak with bravia about the hacks? she like pay 100 dolars for the server but she use all time hacks like dany, oskitar from clan n0ob "caos", and willy wonka.

pikachu

well,well,well, i honestly want to say...that i not familiar with hacks or any of that childish acts....because im a Mac owner, and we cannot hack with mac OSx.. and pikachu calm down plz.
[PB]Willy Wonka

Favorite map: crash

Postby K_O_L_E_V » Fri Jul 23, 2010 14:18 UTC

dyn ,
Can you tell me what is the set command for moving fast ?
K_O_L_E_V

Favorite map: Downpour

Postby dyn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 14:21 UTC

[PB]Willy Wonka wrote:hey Dyn, is realy nice to meet you for the first time....i recently play on your server but some things had happened regularly. many ppl says that i hack? jest like pikachu says?, well i honestly don't Dyn ...im a computer noob and i can be around with the none scene of pikachu's....i want to appreciate you for having a really good server tho...thank you Dyn for everything. sincerely [PB]Willy Wonka...

Nice to meet to you too. Nobody said you are cheating, so don't worry about it. :)
dyn
Site Admin

Postby dyn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 14:23 UTC

K_O_L_E_V wrote:dyn ,
Can you tell me what is the set command for moving fast ?

By default it is SHIFT + forward, which is from command perspective +breath_sprint and +forward. You can tap run (SHIFT) key once and you will remain running until you do something else. You may also bind +sprint to some key for running only. Like /bind somekey +sprint.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby *kar!na* » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:19 UTC

i agree with the fact that this server is the best... but HACKERS!!! pufffff that is the bad thing about it..... we have to do something about it, NOW!
*kar!na*

Postby *kar!na* » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:21 UTC

yesterday for example a guy called Files Flies or somethihng lke that killed 213 - 50 and he wasn't banned at all??? that's not fair because when i have the best day (without using hack) i got banned.....
*kar!na*

Postby *kar!na* » Sat Jul 24, 2010 16:49 UTC

hey dyn what can i do to be an admin??? DO I HAVE TO PAY SOMETHING???
*kar!na*

Next

Return to COD4