NY DOMINATION

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

NY DOMINATION

Postby vaporiized » Sat Jul 10, 2010 20:04 UTC

hey guys i came here not to be a bitch or a dick bc i been playing at your quake 3 servers for years but to let you know that you guys are using ARES NY DOMINATION and NY DOMINATION!!! is actually my cod4 servers name and i been losing hella peeps and traffic lately.. i was wondering if you guys would possibly change it to a different name besides Ares NY Domination. Theres not many Domination servers out there and I hope we can make something positive outta this.. i didnt come here to rage, just to inform. Thanks guys - v
vaporiized

Re: NY DOMINATION

Postby SD » Sat Jul 10, 2010 20:19 UTC

Yes, we will definitely action your request. Without fail. Or delay. We will get onto it right away. What would you like us to rename our servers to?
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby vaporiized » Sat Jul 10, 2010 22:11 UTC

I cant really think of a possible solution maybe Just ARES Domination Server. I certainly appreciate this..
also.. what kinda dedicated are you guys running off of? we have a quad core box in NY but we are switching back to regular hosted
to save cash..
what are the specs or is it vps?
thanks again..
vaporiized

Postby dyn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 03:35 UTC

We decided to rename to ARES half a moon ago, because we are not in NY anymore and also i more like ARES, God of War, than just NY. I doubt you are losing players because of this, it is too new server and we are not having much players on it at all. After rename, 'NY' was left in there to let people know it is one of the old 'NY' servers... I don't like NY anymore, and i was thinking about different name for DOM as well. But just to be clear, we had 'NY' in the name since a year ago, JUN 2009 i think. I believe many trackers registered us since then, if you want a proof.

For specs, 32+ players COD4 needs Core2Duo at least, but you could run 32/32 or less on Atom servers, which you can get for cheap. VPS i don't recommend unless it's very honest and non-overselling provider, or if they use Xen-based VPS where you have equal share of resources all the time, so if someone is using 100% CPU he is using only his share. Not all providers allow games on VPS, Q3 usually is not a problem (low CPU, low BW), but for COD4 i think Xen is the only real solution.

So far COD4 has still enough players for a full server anywhere. Of course with PB enabled you will have a bit less players, or if you over-admin all the time. We had 2 servers in UK and were able to fill all 4 servers to the max, it is still a large player base, so i am sure you will get more people. Perhaps you could use some unique name as well.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby vaporiized » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 UTC

you guys are cool.. apologies.. wow i will tell you i was very suprised to see the Vogon HQ name when i stumbled upon the website via google. I used to play IU1.2 ctf years back and regged at your servers in my spare time, i need to come play again. after checking out the stats and time we put up the server was in March 2010 i believe, so I believe i didnt have my facts straight, and i certainly do apologize for this.And thanks for the info, my xfire is vaporiized if u guys wanna chat it up sometime.. i appreciate the info, we are actually interested in getting a new dedicated but not sure how to go about setting it up for games and etc, any help or more input like this would certainly be appreciated, we have a new 50 man tank TDM we are trying to populate, its been hell, you guys have anymore input or ideas feel free to share.. thanks alot - vaporiized
vaporiized

Return to COD4