Why is Punkbuster OFF?

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

Why is Punkbuster OFF?

Postby astone7899 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 16:12 UTC

So I go into ARES domination crk server (the one with punk-buster OFF) and there's aim-botters everywhere you look. Of-coarse I then move across to the other ARES total domination server (which has punkbuster ON) and surprise, surprise i see no aimbotters / hackers. Also i didn't get any punk-buster lag after the first minute so the game-play was awesome.

Anyway my question is why isn't punkbuster enabled on all servers?. I don't see any benefits from turning punk-buster off. All you get by turning it off is frustration from an unstoppable group of hackers. Turning punk-buster ON fixes these problems and makes the gaming experience a hell of a lot more enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks
BTW thanks for supplying us with great free servers.
astone7899

Re: Why is Punkbuster OFF?

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Nov 17, 2010 16:28 UTC

some people have problems with PB running so we have both up. Anyone can play wherever they want. and their are admns in their just not all the time.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby astone7899 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 03:59 UTC

it seems to me like the the people who are having trouble running punk-buster are co-incidentally the same people who are aimbotting on these servers. I have no troubles running punkbuster and im sure 90% of other people don't either.

Anyway, im happy to let all the hackers mindlessly kill themselves on there own server while the non cheaters can play on the punkbuster server and have a hell of a game.
astone7899

Postby astone7899 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 06:12 UTC

would it be possible to turn player voting ON, thus allowing us to kick or ban the complete obvious hackers out of the server while there are no admins on.
thanks
astone7899

Postby Apocalypse » Thu Nov 18, 2010 13:01 UTC

astone7899 wrote:would it be possible to turn player voting ON, thus allowing us to kick or ban the complete obvious hackers out of the server while there are no admins on.
thanks

That has been tried before and people were kicked for no reason
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby astone7899 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 00:25 UTC

oh ok, thanks for the help.
Also is it just me? because every-time I write a new comment or thread it takes at least 6 hours for it to officially appear. It's probably just me because it doesn't make a lot of sense, anyway.
astone7899

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Nov 19, 2010 02:36 UTC

astone7899 wrote:oh ok, thanks for the help.
Also is it just me? because every-time I write a new comment or thread it takes at least 6 hours for it to officially appear. It's probably just me because it doesn't make a lot of sense, anyway.

your board account is new. to avoid spammers posts from new accounts have to be approved.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby dyn » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:13 UTC

astone7899 wrote:it seems to me like the the people who are having trouble running punk-buster are co-incidentally the same people who are aimbotting on these servers. I have no troubles running punkbuster and im sure 90% of other people don't either.

Anyway, im happy to let all the hackers mindlessly kill themselves on there own server while the non cheaters can play on the punkbuster server and have a hell of a game.

Yes, actually i had one similar idea. Instead of banning, redirect all cheaters to server dedicated for them exclusively, to see how bastards like it there.

I agree, most of them start whining about "laggg" when you enable PB. For DOM we have one server with and one without, so anyone who wants DOM+PB can join PB enabled server.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby {TTS}Pond » Tue Apr 12, 2011 03:54 UTC

Do you guys still have the DOM server with PB?
{TTS}Pond

Server: INSTAKILL

Postby Xynthia » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:59 UTC

{TTS}Pond wrote:Do you guys still have the DOM server with PB?

All servers have PB Off for now.
Xynthia
Former Admin

Return to COD4