Hi there!

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

Hi there!

Postby Weaver » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:47 UTC

Hello!

Weaver here. I thought I'd introduce myself and say hi to what I consider the most fun TDM server on the web! I can see from the posts that you all seem to be here to have fun. I have been playing for a while, but I still feel like a newbie at times. So if I ask stupid questions, please be patient with me.

I was depressed for days when I thought the Anarchy server was down for good. I did a search and found it again, and all was happiness. I then noticed the vogon.vg website and visited and saw what a community it was. (Yes, I have been playing a while and just noticed it. Didn't I say I feel like a newbie? :)

See you on the server!

Weaver
Weaver

Re: Hi there!

Postby Apocalypse » Tue Dec 07, 2010 14:13 UTC

I have seen you play weaver your not a newb LOL!
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby [PB]Willy Wonka » Tue Dec 07, 2010 16:51 UTC

i seen you play in TDM, not new to me eather...... :yes:
[PB]Willy Wonka

Favorite map: crash
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby Weaver » Tue Dec 07, 2010 17:56 UTC

Why yes, I believe I've been killed by both of you...repeatedly! :)

Thanks to the both of you for your kind words. Actually Willy, when I read a post of yours that said you were a Mac user; that prompted me to post in the first place. I play on a Mac too.

So Willy, what does the [PB] in your handle stand for? I see a lot of names with some form of mark like those (brackets, piping, etc). Are those clan markings? Some secret society, perhaps? :) If you don't mind my asking.

Also, I notice when I play, my ping seems much lower than most of the other players on the server. I live in the SE United States, but it seems that my ping varies considerably even on servers in the US. Where, if I may ask, is this server located physically? I ain't looking to visit, mind you, I was just trying to figure a pattern as to why my ping is so low. (It is the only thing that keeps me competitive at TDM! :) If I am out of line for asking, just let me know.

Enough newbie type questions, I have more, but I'll save them for later.
Weaver

Postby [PB]Willy Wonka » Tue Dec 07, 2010 23:26 UTC

well weaver, welcome to vogonhq and for you question about [PB]? its measn Punk Buster... that the name of my clan i created. you find my clan mostly and only in TDM, but other players would be playing in other servers as we......www.gametracker.com/willy69wonka -there you find the home of my

During the game youll see players with bariavle Ping numbers..... some of them could have 40 and all the way to 999, but if ur question is why yours is lower then other players? its mainly because ur closer of the servers counrty if im not mistaking "any corrections will be ok" thanks.. :megagrin:
[PB]Willy Wonka

Postby dyn » Wed Dec 08, 2010 07:38 UTC

Welcome back! Well, always check http://vogon.vg/ and this forum for info on servers. Sometimes refreshing them in-game is not enough, especially when master server is down. Today it was down again, not sure why do they have so much problems with it lately, unless they are doing it on purpose.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby Weaver » Wed Dec 08, 2010 15:58 UTC

Hi All!

Actually this has happened with other servers before. For some reason, I forgot to check the master server list. And despite having played the server for a while, I hadn't realized what the website was. Now that I know, I won't have that problem. Thanks for the info Willy! I thought it might be a clan, but wanted to ask! So, is this server physically located in the Southeast US? I've played servers in the Northeast, West and Midwest and not gotten anywhere NEAR this good a ping. It isn't a big deal; I was just curious.

No, the only REAL problem I have on a regular basis is not being able to get ON the server because it is FULL! :) And that isn't a real problem. Its full because it is FUN!! So good on you folks!

Okay, on to my next newbie questions about hacking. I have seen what I believe are no recoil and speed hacks. I have spectated people with pings of 200-300 zipping though the map like the Flash. Is this a reliable indicator of speed hacking, or is it just that they are on a fast system? Or do I have it wrong and high ping is actually FASTER than low ping? (remember, newbie question! :) Nah, if low ping was slower I'd be getting vaporized. Been there, done that, have the death total (and emotional scars) to prove it!

Also, sometimes I'll spectate on someone who seems awfully accurate with the M60 (or any weapon, for that matter), and I will see that their weapon doesn't appear to kick. How do I tell the difference between graphics lag and a hack? If the no recoil hack is a myth, I'll chalk it up to graphics lag, but if it exists and they are hacking; I want to call them on it. Because I play on a Mac, I can't record demos, but I can insult them creatively. :)

I have heard of them, but do they really exist? I've seen aimbots and wall hacks, those are obvious. And to be honest, I don't have a problem with a little high ping compensatory speed hacking to keep competitive. But I've seen what I think is abuse. BTW, I've seen it on servers with PB enabled, so I don't think that is an issue.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just wanted to get those questions off my chest. Have a great day!
Weaver

Postby [PB]Willy Wonka » Wed Dec 08, 2010 18:31 UTC

if i not mistaking? the server is located in NY......
[PB]Willy Wonka

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Dec 08, 2010 22:39 UTC

[PB]Willy Wonka wrote:if i not mistaking? the server is located in NY......

yep very close to there.
and there is a multihax with no recoil cheat. i am not saying what it is but it does exsist i have seen the site where you can d/l it the same cheat can give you UFO mode and wallhack and an aimbot.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Return to COD4