Kicked for too many kills in a row?

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

Kicked for too many kills in a row?

Postby Weaver » Thu Jan 20, 2011 18:11 UTC

So....

I'm playing Creek today and having a great round. I was smiting newbies left and right. I couldn't believe it. Got Airstrike which led to a heli (which I was able to call, surprisingly) which lead to another airstrike which lead to another heli (which I was astounded I got to call too!). I got the "15 kills" message. Then the "20 kills" message. When I got to the "25 kills" message a little voice said "Weaver, didn't you read something about getting kicked after a differential of 30? Well, what if it was actually 30 IN A ROW!"

At just about that moment, my seemingly aimbotted heli killed what was probably the 30th player in a row, and I got the ever popular "Connection Lost" message. It was wierd! It looked like I was underground. I thought, "Crap, I've been sent to Anarchy COD HELL!!"

If I say pretty please and promise to suck on a grenade or dive off a cliff or run into the guns of the enemy should I ever get close to the 30 kill in a row limit, can I please get reinstated? Pretty please? Or am I in time out for days?

Weaver-from my "do nothing" chair
Weaver

Re: Kicked for too many kills in a row?

Postby Apocalypse » Thu Jan 20, 2011 18:50 UTC

It does not kick for to many kills in a row. It kicks for score difference. I am proof of this because my longest kill streak here is 52. your score must have been much higher then everyone elses. Dyn has to unban you. I am sure he will read this.
Dyn i know this player. I have never seen him cheat.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby [PB]Willy Wonka » Thu Jan 20, 2011 21:11 UTC

lol im glad you posted this.....it happened to me as well.
[PB]Willy Wonka

Favorite map: crash
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby Apocalypse » Thu Jan 20, 2011 21:16 UTC

[PB]Willy Wonka wrote:lol im glad you posted this.....it happened to me as well.

dunno about this willy guy though :) lol j/k willy
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby Weaver » Thu Jan 20, 2011 21:41 UTC

Hey y'all

So blowing myself up, diving off a cliff or other means of suicide won't help. I just have to play more poorly?

Yeesh! While I generally have NO trouble playing poorly, Dyn should keep in mind that if everyone else plays more poorly, you can find yourself banned just for sucking less! :)

Thanks for the explanation!

Weaver-Still from my do nothing chair!
Weaver

Postby 1UnRaTeD1 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 22:38 UTC

dam killers!!!!
1UnRaTeD1

Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: FFA

Postby [PB]Willy Wonka » Fri Jan 21, 2011 03:22 UTC

jajajajajaja
[PB]Willy Wonka

Favorite map: crash

Postby Weaver » Fri Jan 21, 2011 18:44 UTC

Okay, so its day 2 and I am still kicked.

I am not complaining about the policy; I am sure it is effective to getting rid of hackers. But I am not a hacker, nor do I cheat. I am simply a lower ping player that got out in front and poured it on. I wasn't keeping track of my score (although I will now.). BTW, is it okay to ask what the score differential limit is? I can't avoid something if I don't know what it is.

Also, I submit that a multiple day kick is rather severe. Maybe an hour or day; but 2-3?

Weaver-still in my do nothing chair
Weaver

Postby Weaver » Sat Jan 22, 2011 01:24 UTC

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

I'm back in! Thanks dyn!

Weaver
Weaver

AUTO-KICK FTW ¬¬

Postby DONT MESS » Tue Jan 25, 2011 02:20 UTC

Playing the crash today, 79 kills against 45 the player down me moreless, sad cause we were destroying the other team, anyway i lll appreciate unban please, thx. :blush:

DONT_MESS
DONT MESS

Favorite map: CRASH

Postby Weaver » Tue Jan 25, 2011 17:19 UTC

Here is an interesting thing:

I got kicked after a round on Shipment on Sunday. I got a couple of airstrikes and even a heli or maybe two. I thought I was keeping track of my score, but right at the end I got kicked and couldn't get back on. I saw that my score at the end of the round was like 149 to 58. :O I was surprised! Shipment is so intense, and I thought I was doing okay, but not THAT good. I think the number 2 player left mid round. Anyway, I think I got kicked, but am back on today.

But does the server auto kick if the number two (or three or four) player drops out mid map? That could be a problem if you think about it. Anyway, still having fun! :)

Weaver
Weaver

Postby jack-o » Tue Jan 25, 2011 18:57 UTC

it has happened to me
cross fire against like 15vs15
had 55 kills and 4or5 deaths
same thing my ping rocks and i was mopping them up
airstrike on air strike and bam kicked
seems to me it wont let me on right now
bogus
i been ares 2 years and dont need to cheat to rack up the kills
im 65 on the server and my kills are 32 points per minute not bad but not to high
thats ok when i get back ill just get kicked again cause this is about the 5th time
jack-o

Postby Yakuza_29RUS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 18:58 UTC

Good day, my friends! I see that faced with this problem I am not alone. I, too, are tired of the inscription - "connection interrupted". I get BAN, as my separation of "murder" is far superior to the other players, or do 30 or more kills in a row. I'm not guilty, so that I get. I have the game experience is more than 4 years. never used a cheat. My nickname - Yakuza_29RUS (formerly Yakudza_29RUS/SAN_29RUS and others) ... Dear admin - please accept note ... sorry to leave the server because of such nonsense.

Yakuza_29RUS, Russia :)
Yakuza_29RUS

Favorite map: mp_cargoship
Server: TDM

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Jan 11, 2012 01:35 UTC

Yakuza_29RUS wrote:Good day, my friends! I see that faced with this problem I am not alone. I, too, are tired of the inscription - "connection interrupted". I get BAN, as my separation of "murder" is far superior to the other players, or do 30 or more kills in a row. I'm not guilty, so that I get. I have the game experience is more than 4 years. never used a cheat. My nickname - Yakuza_29RUS (formerly Yakudza_29RUS/SAN_29RUS and others) ... Dear admin - please accept note ... sorry to leave the server because of such nonsense.

Yakuza_29RUS, Russia :)

Sorry to see you leave but, it is the only way to keep the wave of botters out. You could do what most of the CAOS players do, watch their score and slow down when you have a big lead.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby sistah » Wed Jan 11, 2012 15:23 UTC

You have to pay the cost for playing on the best and top CoD4 server.
There has to be a limit on the score because of the aimbotters.
Admins do their best to be online during the day/night but its hard.
I do get auto-kicked frequently even though I am an admin.
Be patient and as apoc said, watch your score and slow down your killing instinct for at least the beginning of the map
so the other players raise up their kills.

Even though I don't like to be autokicked I cannot think a better solution than the score limit.
sistah
TM (inactive)

Favorite map: Backlot

Postby my2balls » Thu Jan 12, 2012 19:49 UTC

it happens, you just have to keep a realistic ratio of kills/deaths.
my2balls

Postby gavioes » Thu Jan 12, 2012 23:28 UTC

good night
I wonder what system you use to ban people who play seriously, without the use of cheater. Because whenever I kill many people, I'm hurt?
If this is automatic and the player how many people can kill without dying, not to be banned?
Gavioes
gavioes

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Jan 13, 2012 00:03 UTC

gavioes wrote:good night
I wonder what system you use to ban people who play seriously, without the use of cheater. Because whenever I kill many people, I'm hurt?
If this is automatic and the player how many people can kill without dying, not to be banned?
Gavioes

Dyn wont tell the exact number. i tell players not to lead by more then 250 points or 25 kills and that seems to work
:megagrin:
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby Weaver » Wed Jan 25, 2012 00:00 UTC

Hello Apoc and everyone!

I heard a rumor today that the kick occurs if you get a certain number of kills in a minute. So if you start fast, get an airstrike and a heli with an aimbotting gunner, you might just get kicked. :)

We had two hackers today that went out pretty quickly after they were identified. I didn't think that the one was doing that well, but after I started heckling it, it started pouring it on and got disconnected.:)

Even though I have gotten hammered by this occasionally, I agree with sistah and think it is a good thing to stop aimbotters, and I don't believe it should be removed. Maybe the length of the ban could be shortened? I've gotten kicked for two days, which I thought was excessive; but the house rules! Just a thought.

Weaver
Weaver

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Jan 25, 2012 01:19 UTC

Weaver wrote:Hello Apoc and everyone!

I heard a rumor today that the kick occurs if you get a certain number of kills in a minute. So if you start fast, get an airstrike and a heli with an aimbotting gunner, you might just get kicked. :)

We had two hackers today that went out pretty quickly after they were identified. I didn't think that the one was doing that well, but after I started heckling it, it started pouring it on and got disconnected.:)

Even though I have gotten hammered by this occasionally, I agree with sistah and think it is a good thing to stop aimbotters, and I don't believe it should be removed. Maybe the length of the ban could be shortened? I've gotten kicked for two days, which I thought was excessive; but the house rules! Just a thought.

Weaver

It does not kick for killing fast. It kicks for score difference (if you have the lead by alot). Dyn dont tell the exact difference but i tell players dont lead by more then 250 or 25 kills in TDM. You will not get banned then. Sorry you have to tone down your game but like it was said. We need the autoban for botters.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby detour » Tue Feb 26, 2013 13:55 UTC

It's been one week to the day, since I was 'Autokicked' on FFA. From what I read, it was supposed to be within 48 hours.
Has this been changed? Or is it done manually, to reset the IP that was temp banned. Does anyone know?

^ ^
detour
Former Admin

Favorite map: Carentan

Postby rookie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 22:24 UTC

detour,hang in there. I was autokicked for 2 weeks,just got back couple days ago.normally its a ban for 3 days;but it will vary.I really like the autokick ..mainly for the bots and hacks.unfortunately it gets good players too.but thats OK.I try and watch my score but I'm 71 years old and when I get into the game ;cant keep track .good luck on gettin back soon

digger or Doink. lol
rookie
TM

Favorite map: chinatown

Postby detour » Thu Feb 28, 2013 14:09 UTC

It appears the 'light' is on but, nobody is home. Can someone look into this?
I'm aware Dyn is on a sabatical, but is there someone that can reverse this?
Any help would be appreciated.

^ ^ :o
detour
Former Admin

Postby AG » Thu Feb 28, 2013 18:06 UTC

detour wrote:It appears the 'light' is on but, nobody is home. Can someone look into this?
I'm aware Dyn is on a sabatical, but is there someone that can reverse this?
Any help would be appreciated.

granted you should already know how to not get yourself kicked... but regardless will double check with the cod admins about the time limit.
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17

Postby detour » Fri Mar 01, 2013 14:20 UTC

I'd appreciate it AG.

Thanks.

:yes:
detour
Former Admin

Postby detour » Sat Mar 02, 2013 00:13 UTC

Whatever you did AG, it worked.
Thankyou very much.
I'll be more careful in the future.

:DD
detour
Former Admin

Bummed

Postby bfc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 18:05 UTC

Such a double edged sword.
I like the fact that it boots the cheats.
I hate it when I get on such a streak I wind up in time out. :<

Just gives me a reason to practice in FFA and CTF servers. :knight:
bfc

Postby dyn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 04:55 UTC

We also have whitelist option for COD4 now. It's reserved for people who recently donated & we know they are not cheating.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8

Return to COD4