CANT JOIN ARES SERVER

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

CANT JOIN ARES SERVER

Postby trickyo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 05:53 UTC

Excuse me for all pro,but im noob that need help.
why i cant join in any ares server but i can join in every mars server,did some one cant give me help? :afraid:

i already refresh my internet for a couple time but still cant join ares server?

edit from dyn:
READ THIS
trickyo

Re: CANT JOIN ARES SERVER

Postby dyn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 06:00 UTC

Most probably you are banned from Ares, but not from Mars.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby dyn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 06:33 UTC

Btw, we get posts like that all the time, people get banned and wonder why this injustice happened to them and what are the reasons. I suggest we all stop worrying about that. Bans can be automatic or issued by admins, but spending all day arguing who is right or wrong is pointless. Usually admins on Quake III like to discuss particular cheaters in-depth, because there is a lot less players around and everything feels more personal. COD4 on the other hand is like industrialized soulless Hax & Ban process, it's all automatic, i doubt anyone really thinks about it. Cheaters use cheats habitually, including a lot of regular players, and banning is also very impersonal, a lot of times done by server itself. Old bans are removed all the time, but don't rely on that.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Epica » Fri Jun 17, 2011 15:50 UTC

I am a regular player and the autokick stroke me several times, no problem with that, i have the bad habit to spawnkill too much with my M60 spraygun.
Yesterday however it was Apocalypse who kicked me in Chinatown when i was second behind Reyes17 the canadian shotgunner (i think a couple of kills behind).
Normally you must be about 50 to 60 killss ahead of number 2 in rank to get autokicked, so this time it was no hardware kick.
My thought were inmediately : these two have planned it all together to kick my ass
Thanks for that and i will come back in a week, regards to Rookie when he reads this, now i feel how he feld (take a good cup of your favourite caffee old friend).

=rock=epica.nl
Epica

Postby SD » Fri Jun 17, 2011 17:11 UTC

I approved this post because it's directly calling an admin out - thought apoc might like to say something.
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby dyn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 17:32 UTC

Epica wrote:I am a regular player and the autokick stroke me several times, no problem with that, i have the bad habit to spawnkill too much with my M60 spraygun.
Yesterday however it was Apocalypse who kicked me in Chinatown when i was second behind Reyes17 the canadian shotgunner (i think a couple of kills behind).
Normally you must be about 50 to 60 killss ahead of number 2 in rank to get autokicked, so this time it was no hardware kick.
My thought were inmediately : these two have planned it all together to kick my ass
Thanks for that and i will come back in a week, regards to Rookie when he reads this, now i feel how he feld (take a good cup of your favourite caffee old friend).

=rock=epica.nl

Yes, it was admin ban as you suspected ( 20110616 11:49:52 EDT - ┬░Rock┬░epica!$# ). I think you are a regular/legit player, so i am not sure what this is about.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Jun 17, 2011 18:15 UTC

SD wrote:I approved this post because it's directly calling an admin out - thought apoc might like to say something.

i dont talk to cheaters directly. if an admin wants to know something PM me.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Jun 17, 2011 18:40 UTC

if he dont cheat why does he need 3 keys and so many names? and i am pretty sure he was banned under shooter before.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby fallout » Fri Jun 17, 2011 23:53 UTC

To answer what Epica said about conspiring against him, I had nothing whatsoever
to do with it.
fallout
COD4 Admin

Favorite map: Countdown

Postby dyn » Sat Jun 18, 2011 02:52 UTC

Apocalypse wrote:if he dont cheat why does he need 3 keys and so many names? and i am pretty sure he was banned under shooter before.

Perhaps people using different names can share same connection and then show same ip? 15 diff names is nothing, some players have 200+ diff over few months, or less. Again, with connection sharing it can look like 2 names per ip each time they play.

So far no proof of cheating was provided, so both players are unbanned. Also in Epica's case reason for banning seems to be unrelated to cheating.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby dyn » Mon Jun 20, 2011 05:32 UTC

DO NOT POST ANY MORE OF THIS "BANNED" CRAP IN ANY THREAD! FROM NOW ON WORDS AND DECISIONS FROM ADMINS ARE FINAL.

IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THIS, FIND ANOTHER SERVER TO PLAY ON!

Yes, as i said in post #3 above, many players are banned and we will not discuss this anymore. If someone is banned unjustly, we will resolve it on our own, we don't need any crap in our threads about it. Notify admin if you want, but that's all. Do not bother others with this. It only leads to arguing and internal strifes -- and this is something we all hate.

Another thing -- do not blame individual admins for anything. What they do is always right, because i am always right. Since they are always right there is no need to complain about anything, if you get banned consider it a life experience, it will help you grow and improve. You can thank us for that. If you want you can open a thread expressing your appreciation for received punishment. Only when you confess and admit something is wrong with you, only then you can heal through repentance.

Let me repeat, no matter if you see something as wrong or right, all decisions from admins are always right. This may seem very unjust, but it is the only way we can act uniformly and focused. No individual admin needs to accept any blame or guilt, because what they do is what we want, for they are part of us.

--

I will leave this thread open, but only for posts which are in agreement with the above stated principles. You can thank me for making it all so clear, and thank admins for anything you want. They spend a lot of time banning various cretins, so thank them for that.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby TARGET » Wed Jun 22, 2011 01:50 UTC

lol none of my business but damn its just a game perhaps the best game ever conceived but still just a game.
Admin always right thats why he or she is there someone has to call the shots
TARGET

Favorite map: DM17
Server: TDM

Postby TARGET » Wed Jun 22, 2011 01:53 UTC

oh shit i was talking about quake III but admin still right :)
TARGET

Favorite map: DM17
Server: TDM

Return to COD4