Aimbots/Wallhacks in servers

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

Aimbots/Wallhacks in servers

Postby phantasy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 UTC

Sorry if this is a repost but i my old post did not seem to work.

Hello, this is a problem with the Aimbots/wallhackers in the server (specifically Ares Total Domination on CoD4). This was not a problem before but now there are at least 2 aimbots in the server, sometimes i even encountered 4 at the same time. This is a great server, and i will continue playing but im just trying to help out the CoD4 community that plays on your servers by informing you about this situation. Big thanks for hosting these servers though. :)

phantasy
phantasy

Favorite map: mp_citystreets
Server: COD4

Re: Aimbots/Wallhacks in servers

Postby dyn » Thu Aug 02, 2012 16:17 UTC

That's true, we need to address this soon. TDM is most popular and i know sometimes it happens there is noone at other servers to ban cheaters.

Reposting is no problem, this is also another "issue", but it was initially there to prevent automated spam. It's just forum settings, easy to change.

Btw, TDM disappeared from GameTracker few days ago and it is back now. We were deranked because of duplicate entry and they are strongly against that. It was some obscure port and ip nobody knew about, it is sorted out now. All interested can check 'Server rank' graph on this page: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/184.82.87.50:28960/
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby misfit » Mon Aug 20, 2012 19:04 UTC

I agree with phantasy but on another game. COD4 TDM has been overrun with cheats using aim-bots and wall hacks. If you can give me directions on how to record these guys when I find them, I'll gladly post them to someone here for further review and hopefully further action. I'm on an iMac and would need specific instructions on recording for our purposes. I was quite willing to donate during the latest crunch for funds and I want to keep the server up, but the people who are NOT cheating, are leaving in droves and fed up with the cheats. Any ideas? It's become a standing joke among the cheaters that they can get away with it on this server because there are seldom any admins on. I know it's impossible to have someone admin ALL the time, but something needs to be done. If you can make any suggestions on how I can help address this problem, I'd be glad to. I'd also like to continue donating when called upon, but I'm afraid I might think twice if the state of the cheating continues at it's present clip.

Thanks for listening...... misfit.
misfit
TM (inactive)

Postby dyn » Mon Aug 20, 2012 20:56 UTC

Some admins quit, others are there but not that much active. Some of us suggested lately to improve this by getting new admins and more dedicated group of supporters, people who can contribute $15-20/month to keep servers going, perhaps even expanding. This i think is most important.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Return to COD4