Aimbot on ARES COD4, how to ban them???

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

Aimbot on ARES COD4, how to ban them???

Postby redge » Fri Sep 14, 2012 15:39 UTC

Today again, at 03.30pm, 2 guys called "Crayohs" and "Cesi96" were using aimbot on ARES Domination....these kinds of players really ruin the game. Is there not a possibility to ban them quickly??? they actually really don't care about the remarks done by other players as they seem to know ARES has no admins...ARES can't be invade all the time by these players. That's horrible to play in such conditions. We can't let them the a game monopoly. Thank you very much!
redge
TM (inactive)

Favorite map: creek
Server: COD4

Re: Aimbot on ARES COD4, how to ban them???

Postby SD » Fri Sep 14, 2012 17:25 UTC

The problem is that admins can't be on the servers 24/7 watching for botters and other cheaters. Just a quick intro to the Vogon cheating policy -

If you see someone cheating (or think you do) then please record a demo, make a note of the players name and which server. Either PM an admin or post (like you have) here on the forum. Cheaters can be banned even if they aren't connected to a server, i/e we can do it after they left too.
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby redge » Sat Sep 15, 2012 06:58 UTC

Yeah, i know that admins can not be 24/7 on the servers....or i hope they don't want to be!!! ;).. so if i just give you the name and the server (without a record) would it be fine for you??
redge
TM (inactive)

Postby dyn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 03:50 UTC

We also suggested one more private 'vip' server in case more people donate. It wouldn't need as much resources as other servers so total cost would be just 25-30% more of the current server rent. Those who decide to support server like that could get admin access or similar in order to control it and not rely on admins being around all the time. Basically it is possible to realize with just a few dedicated people.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby fats » Wed Oct 03, 2012 02:19 UTC

I play on ARES Domination almost daily and I have never seen an admin around. It is extremely frustrating to deal with aimbotters on one of the few awesome Domination servers. I'd say 50% of the time there is someone who is blatantly aimbotting. Other times they may be there but if their k:d isn't 50:1 it's harder to tell. It's seriously ruining the game for everyone who plays legit.

Why not designate more admins? It would really improve the quality of the servers. The issue would be finding some regular players who you trust.

Sincerely,
"a fat chinaman"
fats

Postby dyn » Thu Oct 04, 2012 04:23 UTC

Yes, those are good ideas. Or some dedicated VIP server. Right now everything is offline, so that takes care of cheaters as well, in a way.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby R-Day5 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 09:12 UTC

A quick thanks to the Vogon team, appreciate the work you guys put in for this server to keep it running.
I'm with Redge, aimbotters annoy me no end. I usually leave and go back an hour or two later.
About the name and ban process; does the ban bind to the name the person is using and/or does it also bind to the ip the person has? Just curious.
Cheers, R
R-Day5

Postby dyn » Thu Oct 04, 2012 20:50 UTC

Can be anything, normal admin bans are banning small ip range, server bans too are ip-based, there can be also other types of bans, like with those cheats which broadcast on kill and some other.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby redge » Fri Oct 05, 2012 05:49 UTC

HI, as i Put $30 in the pot, confirmation number here 9SG90567CD333490B, for ares domination (don't care about TDM :megagrin: ), mainly!!! and now gimme the fucking power to kick all ares'aimbotters off!!!!!! I swear i will the aimbotter's nightmare!! this will be my crusade!! :knight:
redge
TM (inactive)

Postby dyn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 16:05 UTC

Will send you info when DOM or any other server is up. :)
dyn
Site Admin

Return to COD4