How long is the autokick?

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

How long is the autokick?

Postby Epica » Tue Apr 16, 2013 16:22 UTC

Hello again - this question is asked many times i guess- but what is the maximum period to last for an autokick in ares ffa?
I was on top, level was over and the number 2 and 3 left, so i was autokicked at the exact moment the new level began (ping 999)
This was my own mistake, i know when youre more then 50 kills in score ahead, the build in autokick follows automatic.
It happened on thursday evening 11 april about 20.00 hours CET and now its tuesday 16 april 18.00 hours CET and i still cant connnect.
(i guess then the autokick is more then 48 hours?)

greetings EPICA THE ROCK, frequent player :lol:
Epica

Re: How long is the autokick?

Postby dyn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:49 UTC

Since you are a regular player i just removed it, without debating about it. :)

It was an auto-kick, not admin ban. It can be longer than 48 hours, also we will improve it a bit more to avoid false positives or to kick in cases like you described.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby Epica » Wed Apr 17, 2013 15:21 UTC

Thanks Dynasty, the rock is cooking again
Epica

Autokicked again

Postby Epica » Thu Jul 11, 2013 15:57 UTC

Aloa, got the same problem again, cant connect to the ares ffa chaos; it was Friday the 7th of july and i just finished my favourite level VACANT in first place, not far ahead of nr2 and 3.
Direct after the match i had a brief discussion (which is going on for a long period) with the canadian 'white list' guy called reyes/ alias smoke/alias gosford (serverfriends of USA Rookie and Sweet).
Just after 30sec when a new level began my connection was lost. Around tuesdaynight (9 july) i tried to reconnect, at that moment i was player nr 48 to come in so the server was actually full or someone else tried to come in at the same moment;
anyway it lasted and lasted and the server timed out again.
Can you tell me what's going on?
my player name =ROCK=EPICA.nl
Epica

Postby Epica » Thu Jul 11, 2013 16:09 UTC

PS, excuse last time online was Friday 5th of july (not 7)
Epica

Postby Q_Q_ME » Thu Jul 11, 2013 16:46 UTC

Hi Epica

It looks like you failed to be a little more forthcoming about your ban.

I've been informed that you were not auto banned.

You were issued a ban for your disrespectful statements directed at the FFA admins and your failure to sincerely apologize to the
admins for the willful derogatory statements made to them in an open console in the server for all to see. (This is not acceptable)

Epica' since you chose to disrespect them with typed derogatory statements in an open console in the server, it's only fitting for you to apologize to them
here on the board as well as in the open console in the server for all to see.

Q_Q_Me :oldman:
Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Favorite map: Crash
Server: TDM

Postby Epica » Fri Jul 12, 2013 15:35 UTC

I am pretty sure my ban was planned by the guy who's ingame name is gosford/smoke/reyes/vogon.hq. I first saw him in the ares ffa server about 2 years ago. While everyone was spawnkilling in the ares ffa server he asked me to get/learn some skill -for instance with a shotgun
in stead of useless spraying with machineguns. My thoughts were eh i play how i want, spawnkilling is not forbidden. everyone is doing it -why not me. The discussions grew whenever i continued playing the way i always did.; most of the time i was on top of rankings;
when i was ahead -and gosford joining the same level -he couldnt keep up the pace with me and many times he left the game before it was over or got back to spectate. While other people won there levels spawnkilling, that was no problem- only if i won there was the gg ladies. One time he was so mad i was always in front-he took the same machine gun and beated the crap out of me ( like a bull and the red cape).

Now last week gosford said i was an agressive player who would strangle his own mother. I said to him my mother died in 2005. Then he answered : oh no i am hurting your feelings eh. I grew up with religion and he placed -not to me directly- a remark about religion in a way that felt insulting for the second time ( like in my earlier request to ban pow Singapore)
At that moment - indeed- i got mad and said the word f**k you, which of course was wrong ; he said i want an apology and then i said i no because of the fact you started insulting me and my mom first
Right at that time my connection was lost. (Friday 5th juli at 00.30 PM CET)

So this is my side of the story, i dont know what his PM to you guys exactly was about me
Gosford apparently finally has reached his goal first helping players as a non playing 'watching us all' spectator, next his request was approved by Dynasty in getting on the '' white list " meaning he cant be (auto)kicked anymore and shortly later (i think) he managed kicking Epica the rock.
last week he said you dont know what i am capable of, but so now i know.
In the end its only a game and sometimes players get a bit personal, but if this is his way to provoke me into '' insulting an admin' thats very sad and childish. Of course it was not neccessary for me to use the F-word, but he was guilty in the first place and now afterwards it feels like he was pushing me over the edge into saying that (wrong)words to get somekind of revenge.

Greetings to Rookie the old man and to Sweet, it was always a pleasure playing with these guys , at least they never argued or made a problem of my way of playing.
PS Rookie can affirm the insult to my deseased mom, he was in the server at that moment.
Greetings epica
Epica

Postby Q_Q_ME » Fri Jul 12, 2013 17:32 UTC

Hi again Epica

I understand that things can get a little out of hand during the heat of the moment when you’re playing.

I’m sure by now that you’re well aware that we honor the right to freedom of speech for all players who play in the Vogon servers.

The comment that was made to you about your mother, however offensive it may have been to you was made before the
person who made the comment became an admin, which falls back on his right to freedom of speech as well as yours.

It’s never acceptable for any player to argue with or tell an administrator to “F***K off” no
matter how frustrated a player becomes. (This alone is reason enough to ban a player).

It’s important for all of us to get along with each other regardless of our feelings.

Since the comment that was made to you about your mother was made before he became and admin it’s now up to you
to apologize for telling the FFA admins to “F**K off” so we can resolve this issue and get back to some sort of normalcy.

Keep in mind that the long hours the admins put into administrating the server while you’re playing and having fun can also get rather
frustrating especially if Thayer attempting to play once in a while and they have to stop play to spec and ban players hacking/cheating.

I’m sure you’ll think about it and do the right thing so we can all move on.

Regards

Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Postby Epica » Fri Jul 12, 2013 18:01 UTC

I am confused, i can only make an apology if i do know for sure that Thayer was the admin i was talking to on the evening of Friday 5th july; - i only remember talking at that time to the player smoke/reyes/gosford.
So if i was talking to an official admin of Ares- i dunno for sure- i hereby apologyze for the F-word.
Epica
Epica

Postby Q_Q_ME » Fri Jul 12, 2013 19:08 UTC

Ok' Epica

I can see your reluctance to resolve this and move on and there’s no need to create a fiasco over something of this nature.

I’ll bring it to dyn’s attention and make sure he's aware of it as soon as he comes to the board and let him sort it out.

Regards

Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Return to COD4