Why was I banned?

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

Why was I banned?

Postby JimmyCarter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 00:35 UTC

Hey, so today I was banned from ARES FFA while playing under the name Top Control NA. It was not an auto kick for having too much of a lead. I believe I was banned because admins thought I was hacking. I was accused of hacking by certain forum members, and I made it clear to them that I was Jimmy, a regular on the FFA server. Despite this I was still banned.

I just need everyone to understand that I, without a doubt, do not hack. It's disheartening to learn that, though I was lead to believe that I was considered "clean", certain regulars had always believed that I may be a hacker. While it's a bit flattering to be accused of hacking, It's also insulting.

Anyways, I'm hoping there's an admin who understands the situation, hopefully we can clear up this misunderstanding.
JimmyCarter

Re: Why was I banned?

Postby fallout » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:10 UTC

Jimmy, or whoever was playing last night, were brought to my attention with regards to your unfair advantage.
It was pointed out by and in your words, ' one of the regulars ', and witnessed by two others that you in fact,
were using a Multihack. That hack allowed you to have Perks that normally are not permitted in the game.
For which I asked you to turn it off. You then replied, and I'm quoting you, "it would make a difference if my
name was Jimmy". Just to clarify, it wouldn't matter what name (27 in total) you were using that would have
made a difference. Plus the fact, that you have been AutoKicked on multiple occations, raised eyebrows with
the Administration, that warranted monitoring of you and by your own admission, your 'roommate' that happens
to live with you. Whoever was playing last night, was in fact using a hack. Witnessed by 3 others and confirmed
by me. At that point, I banned you. This situation will be reviewed by other Admin's and considering your multiple
IP's that you have used in the past, we will monitor your activity if seen on the server and/or server's.
fallout
COD4 Admin

Favorite map: Countdown
Server: FFA

Postby JimmyCarter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 13:16 UTC

Fallout, it was me, the actual Jimmy, playing on the server last night, and I can assure you that I was not using any hacks. In my 7 years of playing this game, I have never even heard of a hack that would allow the use of two perks at the same time. I really have no choice but to contest that you and the other admins are completely wrong in your accusation. I have never, not once, used any sort of hack or cheat. Autokicks mean nothing, as they happen to anybody with the ability to get so much of a lead.

As for "multiple IP's", I don't know what to say about that. I have only ever played cod4 from this location, albeit on different computers throughout the years.

It would also help if you would specify which two perks from the same slot I was supposedly using, and why exactly you suspected those particular perks.
JimmyCarter

Postby Sweet » Sun Jul 21, 2013 19:01 UTC

I brought it to attention to the admin that u were (looked like)u were using slight of hand and double tap at the same time...he must have agreed if he kicked you...Like I said if it looks like a duck..walks like a duck...quacks like a duck...it's a fkn duck!
Sweet

Postby JimmyCarter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 20:07 UTC

Yes, I saw you said that in chat. I was using slight of hand and steady aim, definitely not double tap. I was using pump shotty, and if it looked like I had double tap, I was just shooting as fast as I could. I was probably double switching (tapping change weapon key twice) on occasion, which slightly speeds up the pump time. I don't even have double tap unlocked on that particular account I was using.
JimmyCarter

Postby remmember_me » Mon Sep 29, 2014 17:10 UTC

HI ALL i was banned from Ares Chaos ffa crk servers ok ? cuz i said something wrong ana now i apologize for u fallout cuz i know that u banned me so please can u remove the ban ?? iam sorry about what i sayed cuz i was so angry of spawn campers so please please un ban me and i promise i wont use bad words again :D
remmember_me

Postby fallout » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 UTC

Could you please provide your ingame name so l can look into this.

:o
fallout
COD4 Admin

Favorite map: Countdown
Server: FFA

Return to COD4