I assume I was banned, but not sure

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

I assume I was banned, but not sure

Postby downstatecod » Sun Mar 13, 2016 23:33 UTC

I was playing with username Strelnikov in COD4 TDM today. I suddenly got a "connection interruption". I tried to get back into the game, and no longer see the server's name.

I assume I was banned for some reason. I was once temp banned many months ago for autobalance violation before I knew it was an issue, but at that time I got a message that I was being banned for autobalance. This time, no message. I wasn't switching teams today, (although I DID drop into SPECTATE mode for a few minutes to check on someone, but went back to the same team).

I'm not sure why I would have been banned. I don't use cheats--- I don't know how to, actually, and I don't think any cheats exist for a Mac anyway, which is what I play on. I didn't have a big commanding score disparity; in fact, I'm a rather mediocre player and my score is rarely that good. At the time I was playing, I was getting spanked repeatedly anyway, and had (I think) a negative kill-death ratio, or at least no more that near even.

Given the lack of a message, I'm not sure what happened?
downstatecod

Re: I assume I was banned, but not sure

Postby fallout » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:31 UTC

An Admin will post shortly with a reason. Please be patient.
The temp ban only lasts 24 - 48 hours.

:ohno2:
fallout
COD4 Admin

Favorite map: Countdown
Server: FFA

Postby downstatecod » Tue Mar 15, 2016 01:43 UTC

Thanks. I really want to find out. Since I never got a message, I'm really not sure what happened.
downstatecod

Postby downstatecod » Wed Jul 20, 2016 05:44 UTC

OK, this happened to me again. I don't understand why.

I don't use cheats, as above.

I've been banned once by autobalance violation legitimately as above (when I didn't know about the rule), although I seem to have been swept up in that erroneously at least one other time when I was just entering a game .

I just don't understand why I got banned. No message, no notification, and I am not capable of cheating primarily because I don't know how (and I heard no cheats exist for Mac anyway).
downstatecod

Postby fallout » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:45 UTC

If you were banned, hopefully this time, an Admin will reply.

:shock:
fallout
COD4 Admin

Favorite map: Countdown
Server: FFA

Postby Fierfaks » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:19 UTC

You did not specify the time, date, and the card at the time your problem, I expect that this was due to technical reasons. And it will be resolved soon. 8-)
Fierfaks
TM

Server: TDM

Return to COD4