NY TDM ANARCHY Crk Problems

Misc topics

Re: NY TDM ANARCHY Crk Problems

Postby pikachu » Sun Jul 04, 2010 18:45 UTC

dyn wrote:Permanent, but it may be restarted few times until everything is ok.

ok man, thanks again, I will send to Bravia a Email =)!
pikachu

Postby dyn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 18:50 UTC

PB is not enabled on TDM. It may also cycle DOM maps, if you think TDM-only is better, let me know. Some people like DOM, some hate it.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby mar478 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 03:48 UTC

thanks all people!! that they do posible it!!(my english is bad, i hope you know deal i say)
mar478

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Mon Jul 05, 2010 20:08 UTC

So the server's back up? +speed still? Unfortunately, my old profile was somehow erased, so I'll have to make a new one. Thinking G3 rather than mini-uzi...
DOM and TDM are both good.
And yes pikachu, in anarchy, doors may be blocked =p.
Carbon Monoxide

Favorite map: Vacant
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby dyn » Mon Jul 05, 2010 23:07 UTC

IP 68.168.212.218 is back and TDM is on that ip again. On 68.168.212.222 we have DOM now, and FFA on 68.168.212.221. Port is always 28960, the default.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:00 UTC

Thanks, it just wasn't working earlier. It's on the list now too.
Anyway, there are a lot of hackers atm, too many to list.
Carbon Monoxide

Postby dyn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:09 UTC

TDM and DOM are without PB, because of all the restarts and reconnects etc... We will address this soon.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:17 UTC

Is there any alternative to pb? :alien:
Carbon Monoxide

Postby dyn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:32 UTC

Yes, well, manual banning. :-D But with volume of cheaters on COD4 it can be very hard to keep up. Even with PB enabled you still need to manually ban certain people with private hacks, until PB eventually updates.

With admining there is a fine line between keeping things sorted and over-admining everything, you only need to kick/ban cheaters or those who constantly block other players, or spam websites/insult others. But apart from that you need to allow people to say anything they want, and to play as they like.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:41 UTC

My opinion is only banning the hackers and nade switchers, but ok. I know youll get lots of moderating offers. Ill moderate too if you want :roll: .
Carbon Monoxide

Postby dyn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:43 UTC

I know, you mentioned it few days ago.

Grenade on death (perk_grenadeDeath) is disabled already.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:50 UTC

I know (: .
Martyrdom isnt that bad in hardcore anyway, but it helps =)
Carbon Monoxide

Postby dyn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:53 UTC

It's possible to set it on or off per server, but some people prefer it consistent over all servers.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby pikachu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:55 UTC

dyn wrote:Yes, well, manual banning. :-D But with volume of cheaters on COD4 it can be very hard to keep up. Even with PB enabled you still need to manually ban certain people with private hacks, until PB eventually updates.

With admining there is a fine line between keeping things sorted and over-admining everything, you only need to kick/ban cheaters or those who constantly block other players, or spam websites/insult others. But apart from that you need to allow people to say anything they want, and to play as they like.

bad news to me.. :sceptic: :sceptic2: :evil2: :fuckoff:
pikachu

Postby dyn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 02:04 UTC

Hehe, i am sure you know what i mean. If someone is just fooling around for a bit, that's no issue. I mean those players who will block others on purpose all the time. Not that common, but it happens.

About insults, problem is more or less only when someone is bind-spamming or promoting cheat websites etc... We are not here to censor free speech.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Tue Jul 06, 2010 02:33 UTC

That sounds a bit better, doesn't it pikachu? Ahaha.
Carbon Monoxide

Postby pikachu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 06:03 UTC

dyn wrote:Hehe, i am sure you know what i mean. If someone is just fooling around for a bit, that's no issue. I mean those players who will block others on purpose all the time. Not that common, but it happens.

About insults, problem is more or less only when someone is bind-spamming or promoting cheat websites etc... We are not here to censor free speech.

:lol: :yes:
pikachu

Postby mar478 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 20:40 UTC

please put PB, always are a lot of cheater or hack......... :dead3:
mar478

Postby dyn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 22:44 UTC

I asked few people with good scores, if they cheat, they said no. I also told them not to cheat, just in case, and to tell any cheater to rather improve his skill and start playing without hacks. So, this way, even when admins are not around they will help each other. We need to trust people, because they say all people are equal, so by this logic all people are honest and not corrupted.

Either religions and other social systems (ie. communism, democracy) based on this presumption are very wrong, and reality tells us things are much different, or perhaps they are right and what i described above will resolve the problem? You see, it is exactly this which creates most problems in society today, because people are NOT equal. Not only that, right now we are in fact devolving and not evolving.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Wed Jul 07, 2010 02:21 UTC

Good scores don't necessarily imply hacking. 3x grenades, aggressive play style, and wall camping are all "fair" tactics. Also, of course, skills may give good scores. All people are theoretically born equal (aside from genetics and religion), but do not stay that way. There are good and bad people, with all different sorts of philosophies, religions, and creeds. Devolving/evolving debate isn't really definite, since certain people evolve and others devolve in such fashion. I don't have enough information to know either way for sure.
My philosophy is, I guess, that you got to where you are because of goodness in society. If you decide not to try to return some goodness, then you are not participating in the humanity of society that you were made of, and you are a lone wolf. All of your relationships become false and meaningless, and you are just a bitter, lonely man. So at least try to return some.
Enough philosophy for me. C-c-c-c-c-combo breaker. Titties!
Carbon Monoxide

Postby dyn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 03:13 UTC

OK, maybe i should say "good scores", like those with 800 difference and 2nd and 3rd player with 50 diff between each other. By bad people i in no way mean people who are victims of rotten system, where they end up in jail for stupid crimes, or people who live in poverty and resort to crime, or start using drugs, etc... They are simply people who need directions and some structure. I meant people who have enough of everything and still decide to exploit and abuse others, a lot of times people like that are respected in community, because of all the wealth and connections with similar crooks. Democracy sounds like a very good system, just like communism does to communists, but in practice it destroys even best and most advanced societies.

About devolution, i believe we genetically devolved over past 100,000 or so years. Technologically we are rediscovering what we had in distant past, but still not even close until we switch to so-called "implosive" devices (free energy, anti-gravity, ...). At same time this trend of devolution must stop, or we will create dangerous mix of primitive species combined with too powerful technology, which can destroy entire civilization.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Wed Jul 07, 2010 03:42 UTC

Oh right, I see. It depends, I guess. You will see -=0=-Oskitar on top, but I know that he doesn't hack. However, there are some common hackers that never get the auto-kick, like . (his name is just a period, and he can see through walls) and [pain]Chinva or something (obviously). Those guys instantly come to mind. If you spectate them for enough time, it usually becomes obvious. They shouldn't be kicked if it isn't for sure.

Eh, nothing's perfect, we just have to do our best and hope for the best outcome.
I'm not so sure if there is proof of whatever you talk about past technology or whatever. Though I guess it's not an absolute no. I can only claim what I know or am very sure of.

Evil is unclear. Some commit negative actions through either lack of knowledge, desire to harm others, or greater positive result. When it comes to stuff like spam, door blocking, etc, it can be funny (good) and annoying (bad). Be happy, do good, hope for the best, and most importantly, don't forget to LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL occasionally.
Carbon Monoxide

Postby pikachu » Wed Jul 07, 2010 04:54 UTC

I vote for Carbon Monoxide to admin of Anarchy TDM. :lol:
pikachu

Postby dyn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 07:23 UTC

Carbon Monoxide wrote:Oh right, I see. It depends, I guess. You will see -=0=-Oskitar on top, but I know that he doesn't hack. However, there are some common hackers that never get the auto-kick, like . (his name is just a period, and he can see through walls) and [pain]Chinva or something (obviously). Those guys instantly come to mind. If you spectate them for enough time, it usually becomes obvious. They shouldn't be kicked if it isn't for sure.

Eh, nothing's perfect, we just have to do our best and hope for the best outcome.
I'm not so sure if there is proof of whatever you talk about past technology or whatever. Though I guess it's not an absolute no. I can only claim what I know or am very sure of.

Evil is unclear. Some commit negative actions through either lack of knowledge, desire to harm others, or greater positive result. When it comes to stuff like spam, door blocking, etc, it can be funny (good) and annoying (bad). Be happy, do good, hope for the best, and most importantly, don't forget to LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL occasionally.

Auto-kick is for most obvious stuff, with relaxed rules, so if you want no cheaters on servers you need PB, and PB team should update it more often. Even with few admins around stuff won't change much, because experienced cheaters won't be obvious, especially not when admins are around, and surely they won't spam about it to players. There are few more rules for PB we could use, to detect certain cheats, but i avoided those because some admins noticed slowdowns and other problems with it. Not on our servers, so maybe it was just their setup.

Conventional history is humorous at best, they even purposely avoid anything which is not fitting in their limited view. Check Forbidden Archaeology site for more info, or anything from Erich Von Daniken, etc... Of course there are many other sources of information, including certain sacred texts and monuments/buildings which shouldn't be there, if we listen to academics of today. For example 17,000 years old pyramid in Bosnia -- makes no sense because our civilization only started to evolve at that time, but still, it is there and refuses to disappear. Who built it? We surely didn't and i doubt cave-dwelling Neanderthals did it either.

My point, in short, is like this -- what you see on servers, when people rather cheat than try to build their skill is common for society where only material/personal gain is valued. Outside games this reflects in political corruption, abusing of power and other problems. Ideal vessel for society like that is exactly democracy, which they are so busy spreading around the world, usually with bombs. If you set up a server in Ancient Greece or Rome, and offered players something like cheat software, they would see that as an insult to them, and most probably kill you. That's the difference, and clear sign of our devolution.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby mar478 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 15:33 UTC

in the mornings, the server is full of cheater, that way can eliminate such practices.........DYN make a consensus, who is a favor or no to enable PB!!
mar478

Postby R0tnAx » Wed Jul 07, 2010 15:42 UTC

Come all to CTF there is like 2 or 3 cheater every years :D!
R0tnAx

Favorite map: Q3CTF1
Server: CTF

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Wed Jul 07, 2010 16:22 UTC

I vote for Carbon Monoxide to admin of Anarchy TDM. :lol:

Thanks pikachu XD. I couldn't really be the only admin though, I don't really play enough. Though whenever I do play tdm, I'm always on c1.vogon.vg :) .

I believe banning the obvious cheaters would remove much of the problems. If people really are going to hack and try to be secretive about it, then they just need a pair of balls, and we can't really help them there.
Humanity is imperfect, but for the most part, we are doing pretty well. We have a society where people are punished for murder and rape, and we give people the option to live their lives so long as they do not strongly harm others. We get to work, go home to people who love us (hopefully, otherwise, I wish you luck), and go out and spend our money on computers, taco bell, and silly hats. Corruption seems unsolvable, there has always been corruption, and, for all we know, there always will be. There are good people though. Like today, I went to the local humane society orientation. I was very surprised of the turnout.

I dunno, that sounds a little like conspiracy or something from my view, I guess. I don't know exactly what happened in the past, and I don't know if I care that much.
Don't forget, it is the internet. When people don't know who you are, they may show their bad side more often then their good side.
:popcorn:
Carbon Monoxide

Postby dyn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 23:17 UTC

Yes, of course society is not all bad, but right now it has a lot of problems, starvation, poverty, wars, crime etc... Most of these problems can be resolved by changing our world-view, to see collective as more important than individual, and to respect nature and Natural/Universal laws. This is another problem today, most abrahamic religions say man is apex of creation, and they never care about preserving nature, because God promised new Earth after the "Final Battle" or something similar. They do not understand final battle is what our civilization will do, in order to preserve itself, if we are lucky. You would be surprised how perfect humanity can become, but of course, transition won't be exactly peaceful or easy.

Anonymity is generally better for healthy debates, because nobody needs to defend his reputation/ego or views all the time, and people don't need to pretend around someone who is respected by others. 2ch is almost completely anonymous forum, and they have around 3 million posts per day. No other forum comes even close.

In case of games, a lot of time people cheat because they may be then recognized as good, either by other players or their clan. Most private hacks are usually used by clan members. I doubt they would cheat that much if anonymous. Sure, some may, but in the end it may even reduce cheating. :)
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Wed Jul 07, 2010 23:34 UTC

Hmm, I'm not really in the mood to debate lately, if that's what we've been doing. Anyway, here's my response, I guess.
Indeed.
4chan.org.
Most cheaters I've encountered either are alone or in a cheating clan. The only place people are really really into their clans is when they do tournaments, and they can't cheat then.
Carbon Monoxide

Postby Carbon Monoxide » Thu Jul 08, 2010 00:35 UTC

Hey Dyn, can you make Bravia or me admins without PB? There are about 5 obvious hackers at the moment.
[PAIN]Chinva
[imhacker]Toast
-=???=-Subzero
and some others...
Carbon Monoxide

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion