Postby dyn » Fri Apr 08, 2011 16:54 UTC

dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby chaos252 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 06:50 UTC

ha i like that grateful dead blanket.

ive experienced some of this.. not quite the godhead but definitely complete ego death. it was one of the most profoundly moving experiences of my life. i cant even articulate in words the way my frame of mind was changed.. other than a deep understanding and peaceful calmness about my existence and place in the universe.
chaos252
Former Admin

Favorite map: QZTOURNEY6
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby dyn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 13:05 UTC

That's really fascinating experience you had! It is also interesting how you don't lose yourself even when ego is removed, in fact, we could say you find your true awareness.

In magick there is a process known as "Crossing the Abyss", where you transcend casual and enter into the realm of acasuality. It can be very dangerous, but if successful, you can then access various archetypal energies directly, and channel immense power into this world, or simply work on yourself and attain even higher awareness. As Adept you then become living nexion between this and acasual realm.

I think most psychedelic drugs allow you to peek inside this realm in disorganized and uncontrolled way, more or less just for entertainment, but sometimes you can have extremely lucid experiences, some of which can change your life and views on the Universe in a very profound way.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby craij » Tue Apr 19, 2011 15:33 UTC

chaos252 wrote:ive experienced some of this.. not quite the godhead but definitely complete ego death. it was one of the most profoundly moving experiences of my life. i cant even articulate in words the way my frame of mind was changed.. other than a deep understanding and peaceful calmness about my existence and place in the universe.

curious chaos, were you under the influence of any hallucinogens? (ps, i'm not being sly or funny ... a lead-in to a personal experience)
craij

Postby chaos252 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 19:30 UTC

a few grams of really good mushrooms, only psychedelic ill touch.

speaking from experience, it should be said that stuff like this is very dangerous in the wrong setting or mood and should be approached with caution.
chaos252
Former Admin

Favorite map: QZTOURNEY6

Postby craij » Wed Apr 20, 2011 22:02 UTC

funny thing. i had a similar experience with a large quantity of shrooms as well (2+ grams). not scary at all but a complete loss of identity.
craij

Postby Orange_Joos » Fri Apr 22, 2011 05:43 UTC

God is the singularity point of all consciousness.
Orange_Joos

Postby AG » Fri Apr 22, 2011 06:22 UTC

cool. dude with one post per-year figured out "god" for all us lay humans with a couple two dollar words.

problem solved.
AG
Former Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17

Postby [PB]Willy Wonka » Fri Apr 22, 2011 07:12 UTC

i never thought that this post would be this popular... lol
[PB]Willy Wonka

Favorite map: crash

Postby Orange_Joos » Fri Apr 22, 2011 18:06 UTC

AG wrote:cool. dude with one post per-year figured out "god" for all us lay humans with a couple two dollar words.

problem solved.

kewls. dude with 1000 posts a year and no social life gets mad over a couple of two dollar words.

problem solved.
Orange_Joos

Postby AG » Fri Apr 22, 2011 18:14 UTC

no social life lolz. mother's basement, etc. of course.

not mad, just funny that that was your contribution to this whole thing.
AG
Former Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17

Postby dyn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 19:02 UTC

Universe contains both matter and dark matter, therefore God and Anti-God. In Catholic terms, Christ and Anti-Christ. Both are needed for creation and balance, if you destroy one, everything gets destroyed. This is why God cannot destroy Satan, ever.

Some say God and Satan represent different natural forces in the Universe and human psyche. That is correct, but there is more than just a force or aspect of nature -- this life-giving force comes from both sides, from both Light and Darkness, and gives life to the entire Universe, inside and outside our perception. It means there are other sentient beings in existence, which are not human. For Catholics that would include demons and angels, for pagans various ancient Gods and godforms, for adepts various egregores and other man-made servitors. In time some of those evolve, and some are forgotten, waiting for others to remember and invoke them.

Ultimately, the important question is not if you believe in someone's concept of God, but rather, which god you want to evolve into.
dyn
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion