please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Info on Quake 3 and VOGON servers - live status of all Q3 servers

please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Anon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 16:45 UTC

In Q3A. One person using it, and spamming with it, ruins the game.

Thank you.
Anon
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 13:38 UTC

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby IJ » Mon Mar 14, 2011 16:48 UTC

done
User avatar
IJ
Former Admin
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 18:21 UTC
Location: Jersey City, NJ

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby craij » Wed Mar 16, 2011 21:45 UTC

i say the same about lightning gun ................. ignored.
i know i'm easily ignored but someone PLEASE turn down that LG!
for the love of [insert your spiritual preference here]!!!!
craij
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 17:41 UTC
Server: FFA

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby SD » Wed Mar 16, 2011 23:02 UTC

Problem is, not everyone can be happy all of the time. We sometimes mix settings up to create variety, q3 is an old game so we do what we can to keep it exciting and different. If the servers have "fair" settings all the time then its no different to some other game with standard settings that never change. Variety is the spice of life!
User avatar
SD
Former Admin
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 18:54 UTC
Location: Wales, UK
Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby R0tnAx » Wed Mar 16, 2011 23:25 UTC

That exactly like CTF Insta CTF was better but noob preferred CTF Chaos so they can spam. This is the bad point of a community..
User avatar
R0tnAx
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 20:03 UTC
Location: Canada,QC
Favorite map: Q3CTF1
Server: CTF

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby chaos252 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 00:01 UTC

the lightning gun has a limited range tho, hyper shotgun u could just spam anywhere. ppl sit at spawns and just instantly kill everyone, cant do with that with lg. lg is splash im pretty sure, shotgun is hitscan like rail

i didnt even notice a difference in either? i like the settings, hook as a weapon prevents ceiling camps
User avatar
chaos252
Former Admin
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 09:41 UTC
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite map: QZTOURNEY6
Server: INSTAKILL

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby AG » Thu Mar 17, 2011 00:31 UTC

chaos252 wrote:the lightning gun has a limited range tho


is this actually the case? it doesn't seem that way at all. i've seen over and over a player can sit on one side of a space map and frag me on the other side with the lg just like they are in front of me.
User avatar
AG
Q3 Admin
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 18:25 UTC
Location: Texas
Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL
Website: http://vogonhq.com

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby chaos252 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 02:49 UTC

yea lg doesnt go that far.. watch people using it on longest yard from a distance, it cuts off maybe like 50 feet. when the shotty gets sped up tho its just ignorant, you could draw little circles with the crosshair and take down a crowd.

when you try to spawn camp with the lg, it just bounces the enemy away because of the spawn armor. the shotty has 0 splash so spawn camping is much, much easier. its fun sometimes but not as an everyday setting. is the lg really up that high? i havent noticed at all
User avatar
chaos252
Former Admin
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 09:41 UTC
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite map: QZTOURNEY6
Server: INSTAKILL

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Kitty » Thu Mar 17, 2011 09:10 UTC

I tried to tell you all that players were complaining about the LG and I know everyone cant be made happy...but you should see some of these players with that LG...jeesh ! its crazy lol

ag is right, a player can be way across a space map and hit you with the LG and its like he is right in front of you. So it is set too powerful. :bleh: :dead2:
User avatar
Kitty
Former Admin
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 15:42 UTC

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby craij » Thu Mar 17, 2011 17:32 UTC

SD wrote:Problem is, not everyone can be happy all of the time. We sometimes mix settings up to create variety, q3 is an old game so we do what we can to keep it exciting and different. If the servers have "fair" settings all the time then its no different to some other game with standard settings that never change. Variety is the spice of life!

1. lightning gun is instagib without aim
2. it reaches way too far and power is way too high
3. it has been like that for a really, really long time

i'm all for spicey so if you're gonna drop the hook, drop the LG with it?

ps, admins on board have really been "spicing things up" during game play and it has been fun as hell!

thanks guys! love it!!!
craij
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 17:41 UTC
Server: FFA

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Anon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 00:18 UTC

Rail is unlimited range. Rocket too and machine gun maybe shotgun BFG. Lightning gun has limited range, plus is hard steer accurately. That's why I like.

Am I correct, name of server 'Vogons Anarchy", right? That implies fast, chaotic, noisy, messy, crazy, spastic. That's why I enjoy play here. If you screw everything down all tightly, make it so sterile for the rail snots, all that gone. Craij, you whine complain and insult in arena, not friendly much. Why want to take away everyone else fun?

Pardon english not too good.
Anon
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 13:38 UTC

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby AG » Fri Mar 18, 2011 00:51 UTC

Anon wrote:Rail is unlimited range. Rocket too and machine gun maybe shotgun BFG. Lightning gun has limited range, plus is hard steer accurately. That's why I like.

Am I correct, name of server 'Vogons Anarchy", right? That implies fast, chaotic, noisy, messy, crazy, spastic. That's why I enjoy play here. If you screw everything down all tightly, make it so sterile for the rail snots, all that gone. Craij, you whine complain and insult in arena, not friendly much. Why want to take away everyone else fun?

Pardon english not too good.

posting anonymously?

and once again, i don't know where ya'll are getting that the lg has limited range.
User avatar
AG
Q3 Admin
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 18:25 UTC
Location: Texas
Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL
Website: http://vogonhq.com

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Anon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 01:25 UTC

Yes I anon. Sometimes if not friend and disagree there is retaliate.

Is true LG limit range. You get LG, pick big space map and try to shoot player flying or far, it will not always hit, will not reach. Even weak machinegun will go that far but not lg.

Sorry I mean not insult to anyone, but true.
Anon
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 13:38 UTC

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby AG » Fri Mar 18, 2011 01:31 UTC

Anon wrote:Is true LG limit range. You get LG, pick big space map and try to shoot player flying or far, it will not always hit, will not reach. Even weak machinegun will go that far but not lg.

again, i've been fragged easily by players on the other side of maps, so i don't know what this "limit" is. it may not be as easy as standing point blank and waving it around in a crowd of players, but still reaches.
User avatar
AG
Q3 Admin
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 18:25 UTC
Location: Texas
Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL
Website: http://vogonhq.com

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby dyn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 06:48 UTC

Shut the fuck up all of you and go play the game. Admins can adjust settings and you could see what you like. Server supports templates.

You should know VOGON is not democracy, here we don't listen to your complaints. Find some other server for that. Few settings will change, but not because of you complaining about it, anon or otherwise.

If you didn't realize it yet -- VOGON is as close to dictatorship as possible, and i am the leader.
User avatar
dyn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 07:50 UTC
Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA
Website: https://vogonhq.com

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby craij » Fri Mar 18, 2011 23:44 UTC

ooooooooooooooooooooh snap
craij
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 17:41 UTC
Server: FFA

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Hacksaw » Mon Mar 21, 2011 23:23 UTC

Dosen't the pass thru with rail, ruin the game also Craij, just another easy weapon to get frags right. But Craij has said that the pass thru takes talent, but who needs talent to shoot thru :ugly2: :ugly: the dam walls, a 5 year old can do that right. Don't bust your bubble Craij on the shotgun deal HaHa!:)
User avatar
Hacksaw
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 23:51 UTC
Location: Dumfries, Va.
Favorite map: Q3dm3
Server: FFA

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Hacksaw » Mon Mar 21, 2011 23:27 UTC

OOPS! didn't see Dyn's response before mine but I still stand as Play the GAME and then bitch next month or when ever hew haw! Can't we all just get a Hacksaw an cut each other up :DD
User avatar
Hacksaw
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 23:51 UTC
Location: Dumfries, Va.
Favorite map: Q3dm3
Server: FFA

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby AG » Tue Mar 22, 2011 00:13 UTC

Hacksaw wrote:OOPS! didn't see Dyn's response before mine but I still stand as Play the GAME and then bitch next month or when ever hew haw! Can't we all just get a Hacksaw an cut each other up :DD

you are constantly bitching in-game about pass through rail and other players (which is hilarious given that you are lucky to be back here at all). take your own advice.

the original post was regarding an "extreme" temporary setting one of us left on by accident anyway -- not a settings bitch fest.
User avatar
AG
Q3 Admin
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 18:25 UTC
Location: Texas
Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL
Website: http://vogonhq.com

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby chaos252 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 03:43 UTC

Anon wrote:make it so sterile for the rail snots
i hate to keep this going, but as a rail snot i agree there should be a few weapons the spammers can use to keep in the game.

some may find lg annoying while others may find pass thru annoying, someone will always find something annoying. as long as things are relatively balanced (no shotgun massacre) just play with whatever is set. im sure thought is put into the configs that are up so just work with em.
User avatar
chaos252
Former Admin
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 09:41 UTC
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite map: QZTOURNEY6
Server: INSTAKILL

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Anon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 14:32 UTC

Hello, original poster here.

Apologies for setting things up for all this squabbling and name-calling, I certainly didn't intend that. I just thought that hyper shotgun was over-the-top enough that it spoiled the gameplay in a pretty enjoyable server.

My advice to all... relax, shoot the gun you brung to the party and have fun. After all, it's only an old game. :)
Anon
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 13:38 UTC

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby craij » Tue Mar 22, 2011 21:37 UTC

Hacksaw wrote:Dosen't the pass thru with rail, ruin the game also Craij, just another easy weapon to get frags right. But Craij has said that the pass thru takes talent, but who needs talent to shoot thru :ugly2: :ugly: the dam walls, a 5 year old can do that right. Don't bust your bubble Craij on the shotgun deal HaHa!:)

instagib. that's what its called hack-a-loogie. you have to be able to aim (yes, crazy concept). frags thru the walls are simply an added bonus but i am sure there are many who count on the collateral pass-thru kills (i won't name any names, they already know who they are *points at self*). LG, on the other hand has the juice of the instagib without accuracy. and, for the record, i have never used the term "ruin." maybe "annoying to the point of insanity" or "gay" but not "ruin". just to be clear. ;) regardless, this conversation doesn't mean a damn thing. the lord has spoken.

i miss the days the rocket launcher was boss. maybe it'll come back around one day. until then ... suck it spammers! muahahahahhahha....

and what's with all the Anon postings? are we afraid of the admin now? that's not community! c'mon people... revolt! :D
craij
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 17:41 UTC
Server: FFA

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby QueenKimmy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 16:15 UTC

craij wrote:and what's with all the Anon postings? are we afraid of the admin now? that's not community! c'mon people... revolt! :D




its like when you see a news broadcast and they are trying to disguise someone by keeping them in shadow and changing their voice..... you can still identify the person to some extent by what they say. this is not witness protection..... and do not fear the admins.......... unless you are cheating. :P
User avatar
QueenKimmy
Former Admin
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 03:36 UTC
Location: nj
Favorite map: Q3ProDM3
Server: FFA

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Stacie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 23:04 UTC

All it took was on straw to break the back of this camel. This is a slippery slope, people.

I say that things should be left just the way that they are. Why not? Dyn, and whoever else runs things, changes them over time anyway. Things come and go. Such is life on the Vogon servers.

On a side note, if AG is saying that the Lightning Gun has some sort of super long range on it right now then I'd be inclined to agree with him. This sounds like something one of the administrators would fool around with, too.
Stacie
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 19:22 UTC

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby AG » Fri Mar 25, 2011 23:11 UTC

Stacie wrote:On a side note, if AG is saying that the Lightning Gun has some sort of super long range on it right now then I'd be inclined to agree with him. This sounds like something one of the administrators would fool around with, too.

not that it has a long range necessarily, just that it doesn't seem to have a limited range. the damage it can inflict extends past the graphical stretch of its beam. i think this is outside of the mod.

sometimes i think lg is a little annoying when damage is up higher, but i don't really care about it that much. if not the lg it will be something else. eventually you just have to use it as a challenge to win.
User avatar
AG
Q3 Admin
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 18:25 UTC
Location: Texas
Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL
Website: http://vogonhq.com

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Stacie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 23:12 UTC

AG wrote:
Stacie wrote:On a side note, if AG is saying that the Lightning Gun has some sort of super long range on it right now then I'd be inclined to agree with him. This sounds like something one of the administrators would fool around with, too.

not that it has a long range necessarily, just that it doesn't seem to have a limited range. the damage it can inflict extends past the graphical stretch of its beam.

sometimes i think lg is a little annoying when damage is up higher, but i don't really care about it that much. if not the lg it will be something else. eventually you just have to use it as a challenge to win.

That sure does sound strange. Is there something in particular that would make the damage exceed the beams? Perhaps it could be bottled and used on men.
Stacie
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 19:22 UTC

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby AG » Fri Mar 25, 2011 23:14 UTC

Stacie wrote:That sure does sound strange. Is there something in particular that would make the damage exceed the beams? Perhaps it could be bottled and used on men.

there it is
User avatar
AG
Q3 Admin
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 18:25 UTC
Location: Texas
Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL
Website: http://vogonhq.com

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby Stacie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 23:14 UTC

AG wrote:
Stacie wrote:That sure does sound strange. Is there something in particular that would make the damage exceed the beams? Perhaps it could be bottled and used on men.

there it is

You know that I am unable to resist myself.
Stacie
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 19:22 UTC

Re: please get rid of hyper shotgun...

Postby dyn » Sun Mar 27, 2011 03:15 UTC

Stacie wrote:All it took was on straw to break the back of this camel. This is a slippery slope, people.

I say that things should be left just the way that they are. Why not? Dyn, and whoever else runs things, changes them over time anyway. Things come and go. Such is life on the Vogon servers.

On a side note, if AG is saying that the Lightning Gun has some sort of super long range on it right now then I'd be inclined to agree with him. This sounds like something one of the administrators would fool around with, too.


This thread is pointless, OP (original poster) was complaining about some temp fun settings, all worried those are new permanent settings. :twisted:
User avatar
dyn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 07:50 UTC
Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA
Website: https://vogonhq.com


Return to Quake 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BLEXBot, CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests