unlimitted ammo

Info on Quake 3 and VOGON servers - live status of all Q3 servers

unlimitted ammo

Postby Russian » Tue Mar 29, 2011 02:09 UTC

I think that with the speed these guns are shooting with ammo runs out to quick. Maybe we should set unlimited ammo? Also it could make things more interesting when people dont have to worry about the ammo :)
Russian

Favorite map: dm17
Server: FFA

Re: unlimitted ammo

Postby Apocalypse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 02:34 UTC

People would camp like crazy. learn how to use more then one weapon and you will never run out. Unlimited ammo does get turned on sometimes if an admin is present and weapons are turned up even faster.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby Shurik rus » Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:20 UTC

Russian wrote:I think that with the speed these guns are shooting with ammo runs out to quick. Maybe we should set unlimited ammo? Also it could make things more interesting when people dont have to worry about the ammo :)

Learn to get from the first shot and then the stock on ammunition will be better.Using the main weapon for example Railgyn you have advantage over that who has spent cartridges of the main weapon.I think that it would be necessary to reduce on the contrary quantity of cartridges that at you possibility to use your main weapon faster came to an end. It will force you to learn to shoot from all guns. It will allow to stop fight on Railguns and will force use weapon switching.
Shurik rus

Postby chaos252 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:48 UTC

shurik makes a good point

but we dont need another thread endlessly debating settings :bored2:

occasionally admins will mess around with different settings, can be a lot of fun. i dont think you've played with the killstreak reward thing have you? that can get pretty crazy.. ive also played matches were everyone has quad
chaos252
Former Admin

Favorite map: QZTOURNEY6
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby dyn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 09:41 UTC

We had unlimited ammo few times, it can be fun and silly at same time. It all depends on other settings, weapon power and game modes.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8

Postby AG » Tue Mar 29, 2011 16:31 UTC

Shurik wrote:Learn to get from the first shot and then the stock on ammunition will be better.Using the main weapon for example Railgyn you have advantage over that who has spent cartridges of the main weapon.I think that it would be necessary to reduce on the contrary quantity of cartridges that at you possibility to use your main weapon faster came to an end. It will force you to learn to shoot from all guns. It will allow to stop fight on Railguns and will force use weapon switching.

you'd probably also suggest using bright skins "like all the pro players just so you can see everyone easier".
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17

Postby IJ » Tue Mar 29, 2011 16:47 UTC

Also, if you're dead set on using just one weapon you can always commit suicide to refill your ammo. Or find the guantlet bot and let her do her thing on you if you don't want to loose the frag and you don't want to give it to your opponents. Your always better off switching though so I wouldn't recommend getting to comfortable with workarounds.
IJ
Former Admin

Postby AG » Tue Mar 29, 2011 16:51 UTC

inspectorjimb wrote:Also, if you're dead set on using just one weapon you can always commit suicide to refill your ammo. Or find the guantlet bot and let her do her thing on you if you don't want to loose the frag and you don't want to give it to your opponents. Your always better off switching though so I wouldn't recommend getting to comfortable with workarounds.

i could be wrong but i'm 90% sure suicide won't refill your ammo -- it takes an actual frag.

it is a valid point however that lower ammo (or slower shot speed) forces you to be more careful with your shots and therefore will improve your accuracy. high ammo can still be fun.
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17

Postby SD » Tue Mar 29, 2011 17:23 UTC

AG wrote:
Shurik wrote:Learn to get from the first shot and then the stock on ammunition will be better.Using the main weapon for example Railgyn you have advantage over that who has spent cartridges of the main weapon.I think that it would be necessary to reduce on the contrary quantity of cartridges that at you possibility to use your main weapon faster came to an end. It will force you to learn to shoot from all guns. It will allow to stop fight on Railguns and will force use weapon switching.

you'd probably also suggest using bright skins "like all the pro players just so you can see everyone easier".

That's it right there!
Ouch! :D
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3

Postby Russian » Tue Mar 29, 2011 20:08 UTC

suicide refills your ammo but at the same time takes a point. if you are a good player you can sacrifice a point )
Russian

Favorite map: dm17

Postby IJ » Tue Mar 29, 2011 20:33 UTC

If you're a really good player you keep the point. If you're an expert player you try to shoot everyone but the person who is giving you the most trouble, making it more likely that they run out of ammo :)
IJ
Former Admin

Postby craij » Wed Mar 30, 2011 15:24 UTC

love the "bombs" profile pic ij. too funny.

run out of ammo? is that even possible? current settings have a lot of ammo. i'd like to see that number set to 10 for a round. ag? ij? chaos? next time... give me 1.

Apocalypse wrote:People would camp like crazy. learn how to use more then one weapon and you will never run out. Unlimited ammo does get turned on sometimes if an admin is present and weapons are turned up even faster.

people will camp with 1 bullet.
craij

Return to Quake 3