FOV for widescreen resolutions?

Info on Quake 3 and VOGON servers - live status of all Q3 servers

FOV for widescreen resolutions?

Postby Tripredacus » Sun Dec 28, 2014 23:26 UTC

This might seem strange, but I just got a widescreen monitor. Its something to get used to, as I've only had a 17" CRT monitor for the past 13 years.

My question is whether I should be using a different FOV now. It is currently set at 90 and using resolution 1600x1024. Q3 does not have the native resolution of this display, so that is the closest I could get.

PS: Not sure if 90 was my setting before changing the resolution or not. That is the value currently in q3config.cfg.
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM2
Server: FFA

Re: FOV for widescreen resolutions?

Postby AG » Mon Dec 29, 2014 16:05 UTC

Tripredacus wrote:This might seem strange, but I just got a widescreen monitor. Its something to get used to, as I've only had a 17" CRT monitor for the past 13 years.

My question is whether I should be using a different FOV now. It is currently set at 90 and using resolution 1600x1024. Q3 does not have the native resolution of this display, so that is the closest I could get.

PS: Not sure if 90 was my setting before changing the resolution or not. That is the value currently in q3config.cfg.

it's mostly personal preference. i tried it, but went back to what i had before.
AG
Q3 Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL

Return to Quake 3