Weapon power on FFA

Info on Quake 3 and VOGON servers - live status of all Q3 servers

Weapon power on FFA

Postby casper » Mon Apr 21, 2008 19:24 UTC

hey just left anarchy and u haft to shoot someone 10 times before they die im not the only 1 in there noticeing this can u help we are not even getting the whole game done before the timelimit hit please change the setting back and give us the mg pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee :yes2:
casper

Re: dyn can u help please

Postby dyn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 19:31 UTC

OK, i tested, power is 111%. Can you tell me which weapon needs to be fired 10 times in order to kill a player?
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby casper » Mon Apr 21, 2008 19:33 UTC

well im using every thing i got all of the but the mg i dont mean to make u mad it just seems so different and i was talking to akakitty and she said the same thing maybe it just me sorry to have bothered you
casper

Postby dyn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 19:39 UTC

No worries, but it kinda sucks to have 4x power all the time and kill with 1 bullet. I'll set power to 2x and you tell me how it works. (:

Effective now:
wpPower 2.22 (222%)
quadfactor 2x (coz of 222%)
all weapons
and something else i forgot...
dyn
Site Admin

Re: Weapon power on FFA

Postby casper » Mon Apr 21, 2008 19:44 UTC

ok thanksssssssssssssssssssssss
casper

Postby casper » Mon Apr 21, 2008 19:49 UTC

you have fixed it dyn thanks a whole lot now its working great now can we have the mg back lol :yes2:
casper

Postby Orange_Joos » Mon Apr 21, 2008 21:16 UTC

hahahahahahahahaha

You cant be serious!! Maybe if you would aim and hit the person they would die, and just not spam grenades everywhere. LOL j/k
The mg would be nice, but im used to it the way it is
faster would be uhhh nice I guess, but again im used to it,

it is up to you mang

P.S. I'm liking the smilies hehehehe :sceptic2: :popcorn: :yes2: :popcorn: :oldman:
Orange_Joos

Postby Orange_Joos » Tue Apr 22, 2008 03:07 UTC

Edit: Thanks dyn for the cooperation and all 8-)

I think what hes talking about, is the difficulty trying to kill someone with the health and armor regen on?? Maybe thats it?
Orange_Joos

Postby dyn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 15:37 UTC

Yes, but it depends, even with regen it's not that hard. Once we used 100 Health regen per second, not only 50 as it is now. Armor was 25 i think, which is not much. Regen helps a lot against spam, you are harder to frag with splash damage.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Tripredacus » Tue Apr 22, 2008 22:49 UTC

These new rules changes have made it easier. I never had to shoot someone 10 times on FFA, then again I haven't played on it in about 3 years. Is it that different? I noticed the rules changed on Instakill also. Before you would only get credit for kills that you made, but now you can "get credit" for kills that were started by other players.
Tripredacus
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM2

Postby Stacie » Mon May 05, 2008 17:54 UTC

Bah, one rocket still kills so everything else should be a one shot deal! :P
Stacie

Postby Executor » Mon May 05, 2008 18:44 UTC

Well going along those lines of thinking of 'one shot deal' then 1 MG bullet should kill. So then I should be able to just hit everyone with 1 bullet to kill them instead of several - that would be great - then I can stand in the corner on a busy map and sweep left to right killing everyone instantly (while hopefully covering one or more spawn areas) without a chance for anyone to do anything and win the map in under a minute - woohoo - boring :(

Look - there is a reason for different weapons - they have different levels of effectiveness - yes anyone can argue, hey this is VOGON nothing is normal - okay true but we try to keep SOME normalcy to some degree.

Otherwise what is the sense of having more than one type of any weapon on the server? Whether that's the RL, GL or LG for that matter. (yeah I know nice run - on - sentence there).

Everyone has a favorite weapon - or one they would like to be their favorite that the feel should be 'better' on the server. Many people feel that one or more weapons are nothing but spam weapons because they fire faster. Many feel that some weapons have to much power, even the SG at times.

What we are trying to do, from time to time as we watch and get feedback from people, is find balance in the mayhem. It's not easy. No matter what has been done - even from the beginning there is always going to be rebuttal because someone doesn't like a weapon, doesn't use a weapon or what have you.

And no matter what we do to try and make players happy, what makes 10 players happy - upsets 4 other players - making adjustments for those 4 other players end up upsettings 1 or more of the original 10 and possibly 2 completely other players - making adjustments for that..... you get my point.

So in the end we appreciate all the comments and feedback and do take it all into consideration and try to make adjustments to make 'most' happy. The rest, learn to adapt and adjust - give it a try you might like it.

Things are being worked on but this is not our life - everyone has real lives and other real issues - so no things don't happen over night but that doesn't mean we have disregarded what you have said.
Executor

Postby Stacie » Mon May 05, 2008 19:40 UTC

Executor wrote:Many feel that some weapons have to much power, even the SG at times.

I actually cry tears of blood when there are shotgun bots on the opposing teams. It's very ridiculous!
Stacie

Postby dyn » Mon May 05, 2008 19:45 UTC

Armor + regen is the answer. Weapon power can be a bit higher when health and/or armor regenerate.

BTW, this is not the same as less power and low health/armor, because of regen factor, splash damage and powerups.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Stacie » Mon May 05, 2008 19:56 UTC

dyn wrote:Armor + regen is the answer. Weapon power can be a bit higher when health and/or armor regenerate.

BTW, this is not the same as less power and low health/armor, because of regen factor, splash damage and powerups.

So true. Is this only going to be changed on FFA? Because I'd love to have it on CTF.
Stacie

Postby dyn » Mon May 05, 2008 22:42 UTC

Yes, can be on CTF too, but each game mode must be tested since strategy is different.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby SeXyFLAsh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 UTC

Return Machinegun Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!
SeXyFLAsh

Return to Quake 3