Re: Bill O'Reilly Flips Out

Postby Executor » Wed Jul 16, 2008 20:49 UTC

ROTFLMAO :lol:

FUCK IT!

I needed that laugh!
Executor

Postby CROSs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 01:54 UTC

I am lost at what the temper is for? He's mad cause he had to come up w/something live on TV and he didn't understand the telepromt? :sour: :smilina:
CROSs
Former Admin

Favorite map: uinmysites
Server: TDM

Postby IriDeck » Thu Jul 17, 2008 13:23 UTC

Crossy, he was mad because at first, the teleprompter didn't show anything, and then when it did, it used jargon he wasn't familiar with. He wanted to know what it meant, and they basically told him to just shut up and say it. Seemed to piss him off a bit. :)
IriDeck
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM17

Postby dyn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 04:08 UTC

Yea, he is a tough guy, real patriot. He tells people who are against the war to shut up. He even wrote a book on it.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby IriDeck » Mon Jul 21, 2008 14:08 UTC

I haven't seen Bill's show recently, but last I saw, he runs right over people who disagree with him, even if they can intelligently explain why they disagree. He appears to be very fond of people who agree with him.
IriDeck
Former Admin

Postby =RS= » Mon Jul 21, 2008 14:10 UTC

Tha
=RS=
Former Admin

Favorite map: any1
Server: CTF

Postby dyn » Mon Jul 21, 2008 18:37 UTC

IriDeck wrote:I haven't seen Bill's show recently, but last I saw, he runs right over people who disagree with him, even if they can intelligently explain why they disagree. He appears to be very fond of people who agree with him.

It's not that much about his character, it's about pushing political views and making people who oppose it look stupid. There were studies on it, guests usually get 5x less time to speak and are often interrupted, so thinking is kept at minimum and most messages are either ridicule or provoke emotional responses from public. You will see they are never interested in argument, only in pushing same world view or desired responses.

If you want to "debate" with people like that it's best to use short and very simple sentences. Never talk about intellectual or abstract problems. Always think of mass of people as very stupid, bigger the mass, less intelligence there is. Everything you say must be simple enough so anyone with IQ ~80 can understand it in real time. Don't count on people to research, don't count on them to even think! You need to direct them, and you do this by same methods O'Reilly is using. Ridicule, belittle, use shock and lowest propaganda you can think of. Be stupid, on purpose. Of course you are not like that, you are too moral for it.

One example: There are certain geopolitical strategies which call us to invade Iraq. Honest way would be to explain it, and risk rejection not only from people who "want peace" but even from intellectual circles. A bit better way is to explain and even lie, why do you need to attack them and how will this in long-term benefit our agenda -- someone who follows your arguments may agree with you. But you are wrong again, people who don't think will still reject it, and half of the intellectuals as well. Third option is to ignore what they have to say or think and just say Saddam sent soldiers to Kuwait and they invaded hospital (emotional factor: helpless people under attack) and this was not enough -- they even threw babies out of incubators (strong emotional response guaranteed!). This was actually on TV before they invaded IRAQ for the first time, all testimonies were lies, some people testifying received lessons on how to be more emotional and convincing. Result: most of the people agreed, because nobody likes monsters throwing babies out of incubators. Surprisingly even most intellectuals fell for it, which proves they are still very prone to fog their intellect when emotions are awakened.

Some stuff like this is actually written in plain, published in books, and you can see what their objectives are, if you take some time and actually read them. They know most people won't read it, so they don't even hide it, plus you may win some intellectuals on your side by publishing it. Take a look.

"Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat." (Zbigniew Brzezinski - The Grand Chessboard
- p. 211)
dyn
Site Admin

Postby IriDeck » Mon Jul 21, 2008 19:42 UTC

That is indeed correct, unfortunately, and it sucks that people have such a strong herd mentality.

Men in Black was a funny movie, but this quote rings far too true:
Tommy Lee Jones wrote:People are dumb, panicky animals, and you know it.

Another thing I find interesting is that many people are only willing to believe and support the ideas which they feel benefit them (convenience, etc). Some people would try to convince the world that the sky is truly green and we're all being blinded by what we perceive as 'the truth' if they could make a convincing argument, write it down, and then figure out a way to profit from it. Because we live in a consumerist society, this is how the world works.

I'm still curious as to whether HHO gas is actually real, or a fake. There has been a considerable amount of proof that it's real and capable of what some folks say it is, but the guy who was the original proponent back in the 70's was a fraud. Here's a video on it:

The reason I bring this up is because supposedly it's impossible. Scientists have boxed in their thinking to the point that they view water as a "waste product." Well, feces is a waste product as well, but if you light it on fire, it'll burn for a good, long while (despite the nasty smell). People who want to believe it works will, and some will argue as though they've seen it with their own eyes.

In politics, the Republican party is known for its massive marketing campaigns. The O'Reilly Factor is the news version of this. Hell, some people argue that Fox News, in its entirety is Republican, and when I listened to the Neal Boortz show, I heard him state that Democrats were too chicken to do talk radio. Ever listen to NPR? I don't think they're too chicken, I just think they're trying to get information and relay to the intelligent public, rather than trying to make emotionally-stunted, mindless zombies of the masses.

No offense to any Republicans out there; I'm not questioning your intelligence, unless you follow blindly like a sheep or a carousel horse. I simply think that some of the Republicans in the limelight out there do a very bad job of transmitting information to the public, as Dyn pointed out.
IriDeck
Former Admin

Postby Stacie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 20:58 UTC

I don't do that political nonsense! I like to think 'My Way or The Highway' fits me well enough.

However that video of the guy going off was awesome. His facial expressions never really changed from when he was furious to when he was sending the show off the air.
Stacie

Postby dyn » Mon Jul 21, 2008 21:36 UTC

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

Yes, masses are very suggestible, you only need to appear non-violent and with answers to whatever they feel is bad. Challenge is not to awake them, but how to find elite which is ready to support you.

Stacie, your attitude, like 'i don't care about politics' is what they like to see most. That way you are easily persuaded, non-critical and ready to believe in lies, so they can create problems and then offer you solutions to them. One example is never-ending war on terrorism and taking away your freedom in the name of freedom. If you care about politics or not, they don't care. I understand your view and i was like that as well, i never was involved in any political circus, because it's just a waste of time, especially Democrats vs. Republicans, both controlled from elsewhere.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Stacie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 01:39 UTC

So what should I do? Some of my friends are very aggressive about their political views, and I'm non-confrontational so I just blow the whole thing off. It doesn't really matter who becomes president to me right now because it always seems like it comes down to one guy doing whatever they want. I don't know if I'm persuaded to enjoy their 'mission statements' in terms of politics because I just ignore the stuff. It'd be nice to become more active, but I don't know where to start nor what to think since it just seems like a bunch of lies anyway.
Stacie

Postby IriDeck » Thu Jul 24, 2008 05:17 UTC

Stacie wrote:It'd be nice to become more active, but I don't know where to start nor what to think since it just seems like a bunch of lies anyway.

Sadly enough, Stacie, I'm in the same boat as you. I have acquaintances on both the left-wing and right-wing, and both of them do the same thing: They give you their version of the story, usually to the extreme, and when you ask about the other's story or involvement, they just say, "No, that's a lie," even if a fraction of it is fact.

Gathering facts is difficult. Because people suck anyway, though, you can almost always guarantee that the worst things candidates say about each other are generally true. Like my dad once said, "Picking a President isn't about picking which guy you like. It's about picking which guy you hate less."
IriDeck
Former Admin

Return to Humor