USMC Rules for Gunfighting

Fun stuff

Postby ES*AllyMcBeal » Tue Dec 02, 2008 05:28 UTC

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Your life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

9.5 Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a ".4"

Navy Rules for Gunfighting

1. Go to Sea

2. Send the Marines

3. Drink Coffee

Quake Rules for Gunfighting

1. See USMC Rules to Gunfighting
ES*AllyMcBeal
Former Admin

Re: USMC Rules for Gunfighting

Postby CROSs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 05:50 UTC

:lol:
CROSs
Former Admin

Favorite map: uinmysites
Server: TDM

Postby IriDeck » Tue Dec 02, 2008 21:18 UTC

Haha! Those are awesome, Ally! And too true! :lol:
IriDeck
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM17

Postby [email protected] » Thu Dec 04, 2008 01:21 UTC

When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a German will get to him eventually. The hell with that idea. The hell with taking it. My men don't dig foxholes. I don't want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don't give the enemy time to dig one either. We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts. When shells are hitting all around you and you wipe the dirt off your face and realize that instead of dirt it's the blood and guts of what once was your best friend beside you, you'll know what to do!

General George S Patton

[email protected]
[email protected]
Former Admin

Postby CROSs » Thu Dec 04, 2008 02:09 UTC

I wonder how he felt about the enemy?

I can appreciate that post in this age of political correctness. It seems the U.S has forsaken standing for something to oblige the few by standing for nothing. We don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, you know.

By the way we'll be at you door step at this date and time to bomb you, be ready. I miss what i remember of former Pres. Reagan.
CROSs
Former Admin

Postby IriDeck » Thu Dec 04, 2008 16:48 UTC

I've always told Vikki one of the reasons I'm happy I met her is because if I didn't, I'd have been a Marine. And I wouldn't have come back from whatever war I was entrenched in, because I agree wholeheartedly with Patton.

Go out there and do what you need to do. Sitting in a foxhole won't win this war, and if you don't do it, who will? What are you doing, waiting for the leaders to come to their senses? Go out there and do what you were trained to do, and protect our country. I would've been killed pretty quick, I think, because I would've thrown myself into it 100%.

But then again, I've never been through USMC training, so I'm really just talking out my ass here.
IriDeck
Former Admin

Postby CROSs » Thu Dec 04, 2008 23:42 UTC

Talkin out your ass, pshhh that's how i am getting through school! What counts is that you do it with confidence! Let me be your Respiratory Therapist LOL! :lol:
CROSs
Former Admin

Postby IriDeck » Fri Dec 05, 2008 21:32 UTC

Sounds great! Just keep your respirator away from my ass! :D
IriDeck
Former Admin

Return to Humor