Re: Have Your Say In What You Want

Fun stuff

Postby babygrl » Thu May 01, 2008 19:36 UTC

GOOD LUCK CHUCK

you know that it doesn't kill to be a nice person?
babygrl

Server: CTF

Postby Executor » Thu May 01, 2008 20:00 UTC

Why did you change (edit) your original replies Baby G - of course his replies don't make as much sense now that you have done that.

He sounded nice to me - but then again forums like email and art are all in the eye of the beholder (reader) since emotions and facial expressions cannot be seen when posting are made. What I mean is what you may take as sarcasm someone else might see as sincerity.

Just as your 'GOOD LUCK CHUCK' could be seen as shouting at him in mean tone or as just a humorous reply.

edit: Maybe Dyn could increase the number of emoticons allowed per post (5 I think is what it is set at now) to a much higher number so people that post could use more 'emotions' when posting so others have a better sense or feeling of the poster's emotions. Just a thought.
Executor

Postby =RS= » Thu May 01, 2008 20:10 UTC

Y
=RS=
Former Admin

Favorite map: any1

Postby babygrl » Thu May 01, 2008 20:22 UTC

=RS= wrote:Yeah be told babygirl :fuckoff: :wow: now get too bed

last time i checked i am a grown woman! as far as fubar and executor... i know that fubar you don't like me so you don't have to keep trying to seem like a good guy when ppl can see right through you and executor... keep hanging with your posse it suits you very well...

and last time i checked freedom of speech is my first amendment right :) try again on telling me what to do BTW free will has effect too :)
babygrl

Postby Executor » Thu May 01, 2008 20:23 UTC

Humor :DD or sarcasm :evil2:

Just F'n with ya RS xD
Executor

Postby Executor » Thu May 01, 2008 20:35 UTC

Well excuse me Ms. High and Mighty - I post a sincere, honest and neutral reply and you get 'bent' out of sorts. Obviously your true colors are showing through - I didn't realize that was your feelings towards me but now I know.

Remember

you know that it doesn't kill to be a nice person?

Does that fall into the 'Do as I say not as I do' category?
Executor

Postby babygrl » Thu May 01, 2008 20:58 UTC

[email protected] wrote:
you will force me, to seek, that you
be curtailed in your postings, and comments here.

again freedom of speech and free will :) also you see no one can say the truth of how they feel or anything around you fubar again and again you keep proving this
babygrl

Postby =RS= » Thu May 01, 2008 22:03 UTC

Lo
=RS=
Former Admin

Postby guest » Fri May 02, 2008 17:25 UTC

well its like this its not going to matter what we all say fubar will come in and change the settings the way he wants them no matter what and then when he leaves he will put them back on low ammo and no mg thats just the way it has worked for the last 3 months he really needs to just leave it alone but he acts like he is someone super important its a damn game you are in charge of lolololo you are starting to piss alot of people off but your answer will be im not here for the people.we know u are the man and we are nobodys we know and for all of this shit about making people happy can u start with just making some of us happy so dont take it to heart just set the ammo on unlimited and forget it. its a damn game for us to come in and get frags look back what dyn said 4 paragraphs ago its anarchy its a spam game so change and leave it alone one way or the other not just for the ones who helped this game stay on

Postby Gumby » Fri May 02, 2008 17:32 UTC

wow, I just read thru ALL these posts in this thread and by the time I got to the bottom of the page to make MY post, I couldn't remember what the topic was.

There should be a tighter moderation team in these forums to prevent flaming and trolling.

I've read about a dozen threads today and NONE of them have ANYTHING to do with their titles (that I was hoping to participate in some of these vogon related issues and debates)

They all pretty much go like this:

Title: (insert your own, doesn't matter cause the thread's content will have nothing to do with the title)

Poster 1: Id like your opinions on (blah blah)

Poster 2: How about you stop being (blah blah) and maybe you are a (blah blah)

Poster 1: That's it! You are (blah blah blah blah -- oh God kill me this is boring -- blah blah)

Poster 2: Oh yea? Well maybe if you weren't (blah blah blah) and everyone hates you

Poster 1: No, you are the (blah blah blah) and everyone hates you

Poster 3!! : um, about that subject, yeah that would be nice maybe we could set that a little lower?

Poster 1: Who cares about that setting cause (poster2) is still gonna (blah blah blah)

Poster2: How dare you (blah blah blah)

Poster 3!! : um, ok well thanks I guess for listening to my opniions on those settings...I guess....

Poster 1: Who cares about the settings cause (blah blah blah) is gonna (blah blah blah) anyway

Poster 2: Oh Really? How about when you (blah blah blah blah) you (blah)

Poster 3!! : Thanks guys, im out!

Poster 1: (blah blah blah)

Poster 2: (blah blah blah)

SAo what was the outcome for the community about this thread? Simple: it was blah blah blah like all the topics and all the threads this past while.

-----

c'mon folks....wtf is going on here! I realized that today I WASTED alot of my time reading info in threads that the title sounded like I could give some input or suggestions. After totally wasting my time reading all the posts in each of the threads trying to pick apart what little actually USEFUL info was in the thread I've given up. If this is the way these forums are gonna be I don't think I need to come her, dig? What good could I serve in these debates and conversations? Is this what the Vogon community has been reduced too? Cliques, groups and posse's all with their own agenda, all left to un-monitored and with no fear of repercussion to run & own each and every thread?

FORUM ADMINS: You are letting this get out of control. I believe in free speech and all that, but this ISN'T a democracy and business is business. There needs to be a moderator team here that can pluck these posts and threads out and delete/lock them to prevent flaming and trolling. What's next? Are we all gonna have to be subjected to this during play in the servers soon as well? It's already started there (to let the cat out of the bag) and once THAT door is open, it's all over.

Trust me I run forum boards with 20,000 , 40,000 hell some 60,000+ ACTIVE and POSTING users, you guys have what, like a 100 people here and only 30 of them post?

Get a moderator team that is not biased, lose the anonymous posting shit, and lets get back to QUAKE please.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions posted here are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Karen, other Quakers, my family, people that live in New York City, smoke pot, like to wear sneakers vs. dress shoes or diabetics that don't follow a strict diet and exercise regimen as prescribed by their HMO's official health care provider (and their families).
By reading my post you agree to indemnify and not to hold me responsible for any and all actions arising from said post including (but not limited to) hating me, liking me, not knowing whether or not to hate or like me, deciding that you both hate and like me or losing your mind in my tedious, mindless babbling.
In the case of a conflict between these terms and the terms of Vogon forums, you are hereby notified to take a deep breath, hold it for 10 seconds and then exhale slowly, preferably while holding some green herbal rolled smoking device in your left hand and a bottle of beer in the other.
Frag on Fraggets
Gumby
Former Admin

Favorite map: q3dm5
Server: FFA

Postby dyn » Fri May 02, 2008 18:24 UTC

Gumby wrote:wow, I just read thru ALL these posts in this thread and by the time I got to the bottom of the page to make MY post, I couldn't remember what the topic was.

There should be a tighter moderation team in these forums to prevent flaming and trolling.
(...)

No, it goes in a way of natural discussion. Do you have people telling you to say on topic when you talk to others?

Flaming and trolling is OK, unless it comes to personal insults. Then post is removed, so time writing it is wasted.

Anonymous posting is one of the best things on Internet. People many times never express opinions because they are afraid to lose online "status" or to get in "trouble" with admins. Add to this tight moderation and you end with a very boring forum. Only thing which is sad to see is people who think anon is only for cowards and perverts. Most popular forum on Internet is anonymous. It has 2.8-3 million posts PER DAY.

I don't believe you need to put disclaimers in your posts. :)
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8

Postby Gumby » Fri May 02, 2008 18:30 UTC

dyn wrote: Flaming and trolling is OK, unless it comes to personal insults. Then post is removed, so time writing it is wasted...

Hmmm, I spent all that time writing that, based on the asumption that trolling and flaming was unwanted here. We'll if trolling and flaming is a desired quality then you are all doing a great job, keep it up! :popcorn:
Gumby
Former Admin

Postby IriDeck » Fri May 02, 2008 19:09 UTC

May I suggest that if people don't like trolling, etc, that we start a topic for that, and Gumby can rant there? :)

Also, let people troll and post anonymously if they wish; if you don't like what they're saying, just ignore them. It takes two to argue, don't forget.

I must commend [email protected] on trying to be nonconfrontational.
IriDeck
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3DM17
Server: TDM

Postby Gumby » Fri May 02, 2008 19:49 UTC

IriDeck wrote:May I suggest that if people don't like trolling, etc, that we start a topic for that, and Gumby can rant there? :)

Awwww, comon you LOVE my rants lmao!
Gumby
Former Admin

Re: Have Your Say In What You Want - Off Topic Posts

Postby Executor » Sat May 03, 2008 02:24 UTC

As the topic indicates - these are off-topic posts to the topic at hand and have been moved into their own topic :)

Have I used the topic word enough in that sentence?
Executor

Postby dyn » Sat May 03, 2008 07:02 UTC

Let's stay on off-topic topic. Could 2 swallows carry a coconut if they had a string between them?

What is the high speed velocity of two swallows traveling north carrying a 5 ounce coconut?
dyn
Site Admin

Postby IriDeck » Sat May 03, 2008 07:27 UTC

Wh-what? I don't know the answer to that! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~
IriDeck
Former Admin

Postby IriDeck » Sat May 03, 2008 07:28 UTC

Heheheh...It's not a question of where he GRIPS it, it's a simple matter of weight ratios! A five-ounce bird cannot carry a one-pound coconut!
IriDeck
Former Admin

Postby Dambastrd » Sat May 03, 2008 07:59 UTC

....five ounce bird, one pound coconut. Im not too sure about that one. But it reminds me of the old saying: "Its not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, its the size of the fight in the dog" :yes2:

............but I'll bet that:

A 110 pound bird, 36/24/36. can get a 220 pound musclebound coconut to carry anything she wants him too :D
Dambastrd
Former Admin

Postby babygrl » Sat May 03, 2008 17:32 UTC

lost me :)
babygrl

Postby dyn » Sat May 03, 2008 18:29 UTC

IriDeck wrote:Heheheh...It's not a question of where he GRIPS it, it's a simple matter of weight ratios! A five-ounce bird cannot carry a one-pound coconut!

Please stay off-topic! We don't need to turn this debate to on-topic one.

Scientists to study “hole” in the Atlantic Ocean’s floor -- part of Earth's crust is missing: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/03/06/europe/EU-GEN-Spain-Hole-in-Seabed.php
dyn
Site Admin

Postby dyn » Sat May 03, 2008 20:19 UTC

Also, an ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Executor » Sun May 04, 2008 00:21 UTC

Why a horse of course, because a vest with no tie has color.
Executor

Postby Executor » Sun May 04, 2008 00:22 UTC

ROTFL - yes that was intended to make no sense what so ever :D
Executor

Postby IriDeck » Sun May 04, 2008 04:37 UTC

Okay, first of all, I simply have to reply to DB's post by saying "36/24/36? Heh....only if she's 5'3"!!!!" :D

Now that Sir Mix-a-Lot is out of my system and my mind is scrambling back out of the gutter, have any of you hacked your router lately?
http://lifehacker.com/344765/turn-your-60-router-into-a-user+friendly-super+router-with-tomato

I LOVE that site!

What were we talking about? Doesn't matter? Oh, okay. Can I start a clan of Knights who say "Eckyeckyecky-pitang-ZOOP-zowieowieowie"......?

Heh...you can tell who the MP lovers are in here. :)
IriDeck
Former Admin

Postby dyn » Sun May 04, 2008 09:01 UTC

A snail can sleep for 3 (three) years.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby dyn » Sun May 04, 2008 09:08 UTC

Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Dambastrd » Sun May 04, 2008 10:42 UTC

Yeah, Irideck. If she was 6'3 she would have to carry her own damn coconuts. :/

If you like people who like words like, BPLFLT!, BRAK GRAK, KLiK-SPROiNG, SKLURK, and TWONG, you may be able to recruit someone :knight: here: http://www.collectmad.com/madcoversite/index-dmd.html
Once there be sure to click the alphabetical link for more AAEEFWOFAAEE and FURSHGLURK.

:P
Dambastrd
Former Admin

Postby Dambastrd » Sun May 04, 2008 10:44 UTC

A bullfrog is 100% frog. It contains no bovine flesh.
A bullfrog fight (Tauromachy) would be very boring because frogs dont grow horns, and it could be ended with a well placed stomp.
The Chicago Bulls have never played against a toreador.
(: :lol: (:
Dambastrd
Former Admin

Postby =RS= » Sun May 04, 2008 11:24 UTC

I
=RS=
Former Admin

Next

Return to Humor