COD4 servers [ TDM / FFA / DOM ]

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

Re: COD4 servers [ TDM / FFA / DOM ]

Postby dyn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 08:16 UTC

Orange_Joos wrote:It seems that I can not connect to the ares ffa chaos server, or any ares servers. I can connect to the mars ffa server however. Ive tried to /connect to it and re adding it to my favorites, but still nothing works. When I try to connect, I am left with "awaiting connection" until the server times out. Any solutions?

Am I suspected of cheating? I go by the name glyix.

Maybe some admin banned you, or someone else with similar IP was banned.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA

Postby Orange_Joos » Thu Aug 12, 2010 19:20 UTC

dyn wrote:
Orange_Joos wrote:It seems that I can not connect to the ares ffa chaos server, or any ares servers. I can connect to the mars ffa server however. Ive tried to /connect to it and re adding it to my favorites, but still nothing works. When I try to connect, I am left with "awaiting connection" until the server times out. Any solutions?

Am I suspected of cheating? I go by the name glyix.

Maybe some admin banned you, or someone else with similar IP was banned.

Ah i see. I knew that was going to happen. There were a lot of people blaming me for hacking because i was almost always on the top of the list for kills. That has always been the only real problem with your servers, there is no way for an admin to 100% know if somebody is cheating unless its obvious. It is quite sad actually, your servers always have people on them, and you know exactly how to tweak the settings to make it extremely fun and not get boring fast. I will occasionally play the mars ffa server but its no where near as fun because of all of the hackers. The main reason I played ares ffa was because of punkbuster. oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :lol: :lol:

Or maybe it is something on my side that is causing the problem? until then, I will go back to TF2 and bad company 2, or call of duty world at war. :lol:
Orange_Joos

Postby Orange_Joos » Fri Aug 13, 2010 18:06 UTC

Could somebody tell me if/and or why I am banned from the ares servers? Its not fun wanting to play some free for all, and every time that I go into the mars ffa server there is at least 1 cheater, and up to 4 or 5 at once.
Orange_Joos

Postby dyn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 18:15 UTC

Orange_Joos wrote:Could somebody tell me if/and or why I am banned from the ares servers? Its not fun wanting to play some free for all, and every time that I go into the mars ffa server there is at least 1 cheater, and up to 4 or 5 at once.

I checked and see no ban issued.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Orange_Joos » Sat Aug 14, 2010 07:34 UTC

dyn wrote:
Orange_Joos wrote:Could somebody tell me if/and or why I am banned from the ares servers? Its not fun wanting to play some free for all, and every time that I go into the mars ffa server there is at least 1 cheater, and up to 4 or 5 at once.

I checked and see no ban issued.

Thank you for checking. It must be something on my side then.
Orange_Joos

Postby Taeo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 19:14 UTC

Hiya,

Just this weekend I started having some connection problems as well. The server ( ARES TDM ) still shows up in my favorites but attempting to connect results in a time out.

I suspect someone banned me under a false accusation of cheating. I was doing very well when someone said "Nice hacks Taeo". Seconds later I lost connection to the server and was not able to rejoin.

Can someone confirm if I have in fact been banned? And if so, can the ban please be lifted? I despise hackers and often go out of my way to spectate a player when they are suspected of aim-botting. My player name is "Taeo".

I really enjoy playing on your server so I hope something can be worked out.

Thanks.
Taeo

Postby dyn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 19:22 UTC

It could be, or someone close to you got banned either by admin or server itself. Let me know if you can connect, but keep in mind server can be full a lot of times.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Taeo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 20:49 UTC

dyn wrote:It could be, or someone close to you got banned either by admin or server itself. Let me know if you can connect, but keep in mind server can be full a lot of times.

Thanks for the response. It's not an issue of the server being full - I know that. Oddly enough I am able to see how many players are on the server when I bring up my favorites list but instead of the server name it just has the IP address, map, number of players, and the ping showing as "-". It's bizarre.

I'll check it again tonight.
Taeo

Postby dyn » Tue Aug 24, 2010 20:54 UTC

If you can see the server in Favorites then it should be fine. Maybe you have some old entries there, check http://vogon.vg/ for current servers / ips.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Orange_Joos » Tue Aug 24, 2010 20:59 UTC

Taeo wrote:
dyn wrote:It could be, or someone close to you got banned either by admin or server itself. Let me know if you can connect, but keep in mind server can be full a lot of times.

Thanks for the response. It's not an issue of the server being full - I know that. Oddly enough I am able to see how many players are on the server when I bring up my favorites list but instead of the server name it just has the IP address, map, number of players, and the ping showing as "-". It's bizarre.

I'll check it again tonight.

The same thing happens to me. I usually have to reset my modem and then I will be able to connect. I noticed that when I play on ares ffa chaos for a period of time, usually more than an hour at a time, I will be playing and randomly I will go 999 and time out. Then after that I will not be able to connect like you are saying. So then I will restart my modem and that usually works.
Orange_Joos

Postby Taeo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 00:22 UTC

Odd! I was able to connect last night. I'm not sure what happened!
Taeo

Postby Apocalypse » Thu Aug 26, 2010 00:37 UTC

Server can also ban auto. It is set to check for certian things even without punkbuster. like the level 55 hack for instance. If server detects anything like this you will be banned by server.
I am not accusing anyone of anything just letting people know.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Favorite map: Winter_Crash
Server: COD4

Postby mar478 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 20:21 UTC

RAFA dyn my son wants to be the server admin as to whish semper
mar478

Postby rookie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 15:12 UTC

all your servers are down and the one i play on says to change to 96.9.163.63:27960 but still cant play the game . what am I doin wrong.

Im old and have a hard time learnin/lol/ please help.

rookie
rookie
COD4 Admin

Favorite map: chinatown

Postby AJ » Wed Sep 01, 2010 07:48 UTC

Hey all mighty admins, I just wanted to thank you guys for keeping these great servers going, specifically the TDM server. I really enjoy the fast paced style and the great people who play in them. Unfortunately I often see that the fun is killed by a lot of hackers who infiltrate the servers. I wanted to know if it was possible to become an admin in your TDM server. I'm an avid player and I become frustrated when I see such a great server become a haven for cheaters. I've asked Bravia, a long time friend in the TDM server, what would be the best way to ask you guys to become an admin and she suggested asking you guys through the forums. I hope that you guys can consider me as a possible admin for the server.
Thanks,
AJ
AJ

Favorite map: Countdown
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby dyn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 13:04 UTC

rookie wrote:all your servers are down and the one i play on says to change to 96.9.163.63:27960 but still cant play the game . what am I doin wrong.

If you have them under Favorites, you need to change IPs, they are all listed on http://vogon.vg page. Alternatively you can refresh everything, find ARES servers again, and add them to favorites.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby dyn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 13:12 UTC

mar478 wrote:RAFA dyn my son wants to be the server admin as to whish semper

AJ d[ - _ - ]b wrote:Hey all mighty admins, I just wanted to thank you guys for keeping these great servers going, specifically the TDM server. I really enjoy the fast paced style and the great people who play in them. Unfortunately I often see that the fun is killed by a lot of hackers who infiltrate the servers. I wanted to know if it was possible to become an admin in your TDM server. I'm an avid player and I become frustrated when I see such a great server become a haven for cheaters. I've asked Bravia, a long time friend in the TDM server, what would be the best way to ask you guys to become an admin and she suggested asking you guys through the forums. I hope that you guys can consider me as a possible admin for the server.
Thanks,
AJ

We usually invite people to admin position after we know them for some time.
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Sep 01, 2010 16:58 UTC

Best way to become an admin is to participate. Show us you know what you are doing by answering tech questions, pointing out cheaters (with demo's) giving you opinion on things. And stop by the chat room every once in a while. Dyn and I are usually in there.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby rookie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 18:14 UTC

dyn; thank you so much. im back playin and I really enjoy the fast action, and made a few friends.
rookie
COD4 Admin

Postby PB lokomarce » Fri Sep 03, 2010 00:53 UTC

hello i am lokomarce a playr of TDM ANARCHY and i play every day and no admin in the server for the last week and i want to know if i can b an admin?
because so many hackers in the seerver
thank.
PB lokomarce

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Sep 03, 2010 01:02 UTC

PB lokomarce wrote:hello i am lokomarce a playr of TDM ANARCHY and i play every day and no admin in the server for the last week and i want to know if i can b an admin?
thank.

Servers just moved we are working on them. Just be patient (few more days) and admins will be back.
:mg:
Thanks,
Apocalypse
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Sep 03, 2010 01:04 UTC

rookie wrote:dyn; thank you so much. im back playin and I really enjoy the fast action, and made a few friends.

TY Rookie you are a class act and a credit to our COD flock.
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby dyn » Fri Sep 03, 2010 01:15 UTC

PB lokomarce wrote:hello i am lokomarce a playr of TDM ANARCHY and i play every day and no admin in the server for the last week and i want to know if i can b an admin?
thank.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1355&start=50#p20796
dyn
Site Admin

Postby DarthVandreadXY » Fri Sep 03, 2010 19:07 UTC

for when... a tournament?....
I recommend 1vs1 this is something rarely seen at least in ctf as always with computers but I guess that I forgot about that ;P
DarthVandreadXY

Postby AG » Fri Sep 03, 2010 21:15 UTC

This is a thread about COD4 you moron.
AG
Former Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby R0tnAx » Fri Sep 03, 2010 21:24 UTC

And even more moron. You are ban. You can't join a tournement. :bored: :eyesclosed: :/
R0tnAx

Favorite map: Q3CTF1
Server: CTF

Postby rookie » Sat Sep 04, 2010 14:51 UTC

hey dyn, I went to vogon.vg and saw where servers68.168.212.218:28960 is playing but when i look on my favorites it shows being down. Could you tell me whats wrong.

rookie
rookie
COD4 Admin

Postby dyn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 15:22 UTC

Maybe you have something else in Favorites. Best is to do refresh under Internet and then re-add servers to Favorites. You can also connect manually in console with /connect ip-or-hostname:28960
dyn
Site Admin

Postby Apocalypse » Sat Sep 04, 2010 17:41 UTC

rookie wrote:hey dyn, I went to vogon.vg and saw where servers68.168.212.218:28960 is playing but when i look on my favorites it shows being down. Could you tell me whats wrong.

rookie

I deleted old ones and went to server status page Here Wrote new ip's down for all 6 and re-added them to favorites and it works fine for me now.

Hope this helps,
Apoc :DD
Apocalypse
Former Admin

Postby dyn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 19:41 UTC

CHAOS FFA2 (96.9.163.63) has connection issues, confirmed. We will see if they can fix it or else we will move it away to some other server. If you get "server disconnected" message, it is network issue.
dyn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to COD4