***If you are BANNED from COD4 post HERE ONLY***

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

Any chance I can get on some whitelist

Postby MQCOD4 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 23:24 UTC

Got banned again (MQTheKiller) and it's only been a day and a half. My ping is 20 usually so I am basically godmode and I always do too good. I was having the greates game ever getting quad feeds left rigth and centre and then banned. :( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
MQCOD4

Re: Not sure if banned or just can't connect to server

Postby Q_Q_ME » Fri Oct 18, 2013 03:22 UTC

Before I can help you this time I have to check with the other admins to see why you were banned this time.

The admins do not ban players for being too good.

The admins do however take screenshots and record demos so I'll be reviewing any evidence that the admins have.

As for being so good because of your 20 ping, If you're saying that it's your ping that makes you too good for the server then you don't need to be whitelisted you need to find another server because that's just BS.

Be advised, If you make any attempts to circumvent the ban in any way and re-enter the server before I have a chance to talk to the other admins and resolve this matter one way or the other you will receive a perm ban for circumventing an ongoing ban.

Be patient till I check with the admins.

Q_Q_Me :oldman:
Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Favorite map: Crash
Server: TDM

Re: Any chance I can get on some whitelist

Postby Q_Q_ME » Fri Oct 18, 2013 14:46 UTC

I think you have to ask yourself a few simple questions about being whitelisted.

Why would dyn want to whitelist players that never consider supporting the Vogon servers with monthly donations to keep the servers online or players who only come to the board and register when they want to complain or when they need our help? :no:

Why would dyn whitelist any players that haven't played here long enough for all the admins to observe their play and get to know and trust them.

Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Postby SD » Fri Oct 18, 2013 15:32 UTC

Yeah I was going to raise the donations issue. I was also going to raise the registering to complain issue. I commented ages ago that I didn't want to approve "I got banned" posts and Dyn agreed. Then IIRC he for some reason changed his mind and said they can be approved. As he's not around, and till such a time as he tells me otherwise - all "banned" posts will not be approved and repeat posting due to disapproval will result in account deactivation. This of course will not apply to regular contributors to the board on topics besides being banned, and those who donate regularly.
SD
Former Admin

Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Postby AG » Fri Oct 18, 2013 16:55 UTC

The price of needing hack protection on the server is having to control your game and not trounce every single other player. Sure that's fun (when you do it legitimately), but you just can't do that and have hack protection too. Whitelisting you would give you an advantage over other players.

The best thing to do, as always, is control your game.
AG
Former Admin

Favorite map: q3dm17

Postby Q_Q_ME » Fri Oct 18, 2013 17:45 UTC

Well said!!

Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Postby fallout » Fri Oct 18, 2013 18:11 UTC

Well said!!

Ditto.

8-D
fallout
Former Admin

Favorite map: Countdown
Server: FFA

Postby MQCOD4 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 20:02 UTC

would donations get me whitelisted?
MQCOD4

Postby AG » Fri Oct 18, 2013 20:14 UTC

MQCOD4 wrote:would donations get me whitelisted?

uh.

AG wrote:The price of needing hack protection on the server is having to control your game and not trounce every single other player. Sure that's fun (when you do it legitimately), but you just can't do that and have hack protection too. Whitelisting you would give you an advantage over other players.

The best thing to do, as always, is control your game.
AG
Former Admin

Postby AG » Fri Oct 18, 2013 20:19 UTC

donate because you appreciate the servers and this cod4 community (or whatever it is) and want to help out.

don't donate because you feel you deserve preferential treatment and want in-game advantages. or rather, i guess you could still donate for that -- you're just not guaranteed to get it.
AG
Former Admin

Postby MQCOD4 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 00:49 UTC

im in highschool so ireally cant donate online
MQCOD4

Postby Fierfaks » Sat Oct 19, 2013 08:50 UTC

Here not shop of sale of white lists. The white list it is necessary to deserve. Players bring a donation for server support, instead of for privileges in game. 8-)
Fierfaks
COD4 Admin

Postby SD » Sat Oct 19, 2013 13:59 UTC

MQCOD4 wrote:im in highschool so ireally cant donate online

If you'e genuinely not in a position to donate, as you don't have any dollar because you're in highschool - that's one thing. It would just be nice if you guys would show up other than to moan occasionally.
SD
Former Admin

Red flag

Postby Epica » Sun Oct 20, 2013 14:17 UTC

I was absent for three weeks to give the issues in the past a little rest, hesitated to come back and took my old playername (rock epica) back- within 2 levels the fun was over, level shipment came Friday night 18/10 and -knowing this level has no autokick- i was firing around the globe like many others and suddenly with 4 minutes left- i got the 999 disconnect.
Admins in general keep changing their names every day so they cant be recognized to easy- thats normal.
However as they apparently recognize me by my IP adress in admins aircontool or ingame player name i can recognize admins in ares at their ping , its always between 20 and 50ms ; european players have most of the time at least 100 ms.
The time of disconnect was around 19.00 CET, and a secret name was in spec modus called TUONGO.
I am not planning to disrespect any admins but I dont understand why this happened (automatic by server or epica rock appears appears onscreen and 'anonymous' someone pushed the button in aircontool).
Still if i may say one issue : i have seen a white list player far in the lead and Sr OGro (a good shotgun player) was autokicked . The other admin tried to warn him to bail out but it was too late.
Right after that whitelist player changed his name and got back to the spec modus, what about that? Whitelist players should not abuse that right, certainly if they are trustworthy enough to become a white list player.
greetings from Holland
epica
Epica

Re: Kicked for no reason again

Postby Q_Q_ME » Sun Oct 20, 2013 15:34 UTC

First of all Epica, you're miss informed about the autoban.

I'm not going to go into detail about how the autoban function works except to inform you that the autoban score limit may change from map to map however, all the maps have autoban on them.

Secondly it's not a good idea to come to the board and post in the public area and point out to anyone who comes to the board how to tell when there are admins in the server.

As for the whitelisted player, you failed to mention the whitelisted players name.

Finally, you need to stop accusing the FFA admins of banning you every time you go 999 and time out.

Regards

Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

connection interrupted

Postby best_player » Mon Oct 21, 2013 22:43 UTC

hey guys. my name is BEST PLAYER (yeah it's sarcasm) and it keeps saying "connection interrupted." i was wondering if other people are having the same issues or if it's booting me off. thanks for all your hard work keeping these servers awesome. the speed of movement is so fun and the ping is low as hell.

thanks for your help.

BEST PLAYER
best_player

Re: connection interrupted

Postby Q_Q_ME » Tue Oct 22, 2013 16:03 UTC

We can't provide you with any help or information until you provide us with some information like when you were
last able to access the server and play and the actual player name as it appears in the server when your playing.

Regards

Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Postby best_player » Wed Oct 23, 2013 01:48 UTC

ah understood. i believe my name was BEST PLAYER and it happened i believe on sunday night (20th) possibly saturday. sorry for the vague details.
best_player

Postby fallout » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:40 UTC

Could you provide a server name as well?

:o
fallout
Former Admin

Favorite map: Countdown

Postby Q_Q_ME » Wed Oct 23, 2013 13:37 UTC

Hey best_player

I’ve checked with the other admins and there are no records of any admins issuing you a ban.
This leads me to believe that you must have received an auto ban for score difference while there were no admins in the server.
Unfortunately the only person that can rescind an auto ban is not available at this time.
The only thing I can suggest is to be patient and wait out the auto ban and it should automatically withdraw after a short period of time.

PS: For your privacy I removed your IP address from your last reply due to the fact that this is a public access area on the board.

Regards

Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Postby best_player » Fri Oct 25, 2013 00:00 UTC

no problem and thanks for your help!
best_player

***If you are BANNED from COD4 post HERE ONLY***

Postby SD » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:18 UTC

If you have been banned, or think you have been banned from COD4 and wish to complain/protest/moan/plead your case then post in THIS topic only.
Post with your IN GAME NAME, the approx time of the ban or alleged ban, specify which server and the rough area you are posting from (we don't need your street address, just the area) - add any information you think relevant (ex "I don't cheat I'm just so amazing at COD4 I always win and can't be beaten")

***IF YOU POST ABOUT SUCH ISSUES ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE FORUM IT WILL BE DELETED AND DEPENDING HOW GRUMPY I AM AT THAT PRECISE MOMENT YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE FORUM***

If this topic disappears (since I can't sticky it) down the list - please bump it back to the top.
SD
Former Admin

Re: ***If you are BANNED from COD4 post HERE ONLY***

Postby VAT » Wed Oct 30, 2013 17:36 UTC

SD wrote:
***IF YOU POST ABOUT SUCH ISSUES ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE FORUM IT WILL BE DELETED AND DEPENDING HOW GRUMPY I AM AT THAT PRECISE MOMENT YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE FORUM***

forum rocks again... :)
VAT

Postby SD » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 UTC

Previous topics merged. Due to post dates some may be out of sync but all in all not too bad.
Proceed at leisure...
SD
Former Admin

Postby Bravia » Sat Nov 23, 2013 20:30 UTC

I was banned, can someone help me? I do not know what happened. Socorro! :(
Bravia
Former Admin

Postby Bravia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 18:34 UTC

Bravia wrote:I was banned, can someone help me? I do not know what happened. Socorro! :(

I managed to fix my problem. I can not say here how I did it because I'd be giving a hint to hackers do the same. Thank you
Bravia
Former Admin

Postby best_player » Thu Nov 28, 2013 05:39 UTC

hey guys i believe i was banned yesterday 11/27/13 on your COD4 ARES deathmatch for speaking in all caps. my name NOT AFRAID. i apologize. won't happen again.
best_player

Postby Q_Q_ME » Thu Nov 28, 2013 13:08 UTC

Hello again, best_player!

There were no players banned from the TDM server yesterday for using all caps.
The player name of NOT AFRAID was not banned by any admins.

There were however 2 very disrespectful players banned from the FFA server by me for constantly using all caps and ignoring my instructions and attempts to get them to turn off their Caps and there disrespectful comments directed towards me as an admin.

It's never a good idea to use all caps in any game server and most servers will ban for the use of all caps.

Here's another good reason not to use all caps in a game server!!!
shot0154.jpg

Happy Turkey Day!!

Regards

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Postby best_player » Thu Nov 28, 2013 23:53 UTC

weird, i got disconnected after using caps on tdm server i didn't realize console was typing i'm pretty sure twas yesterday perhaps dat before. anyhow, thanks anyway and definitely happy thanksgiving
best_player

Postby steigrafx » Thu Dec 05, 2013 01:49 UTC

Same thing happens to me all the time. I never realized that i was being kicked -- I thought the server had gone down. I don't cheat. Never have. But it seems that once I'm on a roll and scoring big time, bang, I'm gone. I wish the admin would create a white list and add me to it. I'm a regular player. My player name is HeinzKetchup.

Thanks, and I'll see you all when my current ban is over.
steigrafx

Favorite map: Vacant

PreviousNext

Return to COD4