New but Banned!

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

New but Banned!

Postby Peace » Sun Dec 09, 2018 07:24 UTC

Hey I have been playing the ARES FFA CHAOS Crk server from time to time and I really enjoy it! Its the only normal style FFA server I can play on 1.7 (I have mac)
However I think I have been banned from it and I am really hoping to appeal that!

I am pretty sure I was banned for setting scroll wheel to shoot. Since the ban I have checked on other servers and found this is frowned upon. I had no idea! I play a different older game called UrbanTerror where it is extremely common to shoot your pistol with scroll wheel, so I naturally set my settings up like that. I had finally sat down with a mouse plugged in (I normally play on a laptop trackpad) and red tiger unlocked on my M4 when was about to have my first real game in a while but after my first pistol kill suddenly connection interrupted! I havent been able to see the server since but I see it is still online on gametracker.

If I was actually banned, how long is the ban? Is there anyway I can undo this? I never meant to break any rules and seriously will never do it again. I just seriously need a place to come and relax and FFA is my home game mode. I used to play JDclans FFA server back in like....2009-2012 and not being able to play FFA...hurts. I would be the nicest player omg Ill never talk bad and just help populate the servers with good gaming. I would really appreciate some help with this and Im so sorry if I broke a rule!

Thanks for anyhelp Peace
Peace

Re: New but Banned!

Postby fallout » Sun Dec 09, 2018 13:26 UTC

I can tell you this Peace, it wasn't me. At 3am in the morning, I'm having my usual weird dream. :lol:
I'll check with the other Admins to see who was up at that time in the morning. The ban lasts 24 - 48 hrs.

8-)
fallout
Former Admin

Favorite map: Countdown
Server: FFA

Postby Peace » Sun Dec 09, 2018 23:08 UTC

Oh my gosh thank you so much! Whatever happened I can see the server again! This all started about a week ago. It took me a while to find this forum because I wasnt typing in "ARES"

Is there a list of rules anywhere I could see? I want to avoid being banned again. Im also just really glad to have found this forum! I love the server and hope to be around more often.
Peace

Postby fallout » Mon Dec 10, 2018 14:25 UTC

Basically there is only one rule, glitching. For the most part, most are allowed, except 2.

1. the gun turret glitch on Pipeline
2. and Out Of Map are not allowed on both server's.

You should also be aware that Marty is disabled as well.

Have fun,

8-)
fallout
Former Admin

Postby Peace » Wed Dec 12, 2018 04:57 UTC

Does that mean that difficult to reach areas are allowed? Such as the roof of the center building in Backlot?
Peace

Postby Peace » Wed Dec 12, 2018 06:10 UTC

Oh also Is scroll wheel shooting allowed? Or is it considered a hack?
Peace

Postby fallout » Wed Dec 12, 2018 14:23 UTC

I'll answer both your questions here.

I can tell you haven't played this game very long. If you read my answer to the Rules question you asked, you'll see that I mentioned two.
The rooftop is not considered 'Out Of Map".

Read this carefully. Our Admins consider anything that is not part of the normal actions of any weapon, a hack. Example - if they see
someone firing a Desert Eagle like a AK47 or an M60E4, that person will be banned. I hope this clarifies your questions.

8-)
fallout
Former Admin

Return to COD4