Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby frag_bait » Thu Apr 11, 2019 00:05 UTC

Using extremely vulgar and racist language and telling people to STFU
frag_bait
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 23:10 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby fallout » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:31 UTC

Tks frag. I'll monitor them from now on.


8-)
fallout
Former Admin
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 17:22 UTC
Location: Canada
Favorite map: Countdown
Server: FFA

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby frag_bait » Thu Apr 11, 2019 21:32 UTC

Thanks. Dont mean to sound like a whiny tattletale, I swear like an angry sailor all day everyday, but using racist language crosses the line with me. I'll try to screen shot them if it happens again.
frag_bait
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 23:10 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby Zipp0 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 00:26 UTC

Frag,

What on earth are you talking about????? I did NOT say anything racist or vulgar. That is ludicrous. The other two were glitching/cheating and I called them out while spectating and that was it!!!!

Fallout - I will admit I can be over the top sometimes, but I have been making a real effort to STFU. Not sure if frag has some issue with me but this is SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

Zipp0
Zipp0
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 23:47 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby Zipp0 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 00:29 UTC

Also, I am sure there are others who will attest that I NEVER say anything racist - EVER. This really has me angry/upset. I have donated before and was considering doing so again, but this sort of nonsense is a real turn-off.
Zipp0
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 23:47 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby dyn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 15:16 UTC

Zipp0 wrote:Also, I am sure there are others who will attest that I NEVER say anything racist - EVER. This really has me angry/upset. I have donated before and was considering doing so again, but this sort of nonsense is a real turn-off.

I understand and let me assure you we respect free speech - anything legal in the US is OK. Often players vent off and not everything is to be taken seriously, also what someone perceives as racist may be perfectly OK in some other region and culture. So the rules are simple - legal in the US = OK. Players can get banned for excessive spam, key-bind spam or real-life threats - if anyone gets banned merely for speech, let me know. Admins should know that too.
User avatar
dyn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4005
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 07:50 UTC
Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA
Website: https://vogonhq.com

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby frag_bait » Fri Apr 12, 2019 20:59 UTC

Zipp0 wrote:Frag,

What on earth are you talking about????? I did NOT say anything racist or vulgar. That is ludicrous. The other two were glitching/cheating and I called them out while spectating and that was it!!!!

Fallout - I will admit I can be over the top sometimes, but I have been making a real effort to STFU. Not sure if frag has some issue with me but this is SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

Zipp0

You dropped the f bomb on a couple of occasions. I dont personally have a problem with that, and if the mods are cool with it, I offer my apologies.
frag_bait
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 23:10 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby Zipp0 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 01:07 UTC

First of all... I really don't think so. I wouldn't take the time to type that during a game. The other two were throwing around the N word. Not me. Before you malign my character in public, I suggest you have some proof. /rant
Zipp0
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 23:47 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby GR1T » Sat Apr 13, 2019 02:10 UTC

My 2 cents...

I've played with Zipp0 a lot and always had a great time. He's cool as far as I'm concerned, but I wasn't there when this supposedly happened.
GR1T
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 00:04 UTC
Location: South Carolina
Favorite map: Countdown
Server: COD4

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby frag_bait » Sat Apr 13, 2019 15:41 UTC

GR1T wrote:My 2 cents...

I've played with Zipp0 a lot and always had a great time. He's cool as far as I'm concerned, but I wasn't there when this supposedly happened.


I agree, Zipp0 is a good player and I've never had a problem with him and still do not. Dyn has stated that what is legal in the US is ok here, therefore I rescind my complaint about Zipp0.

Further, I was wrong to complain about him and I apologize to Zipp0 and hope that he can forgive me. Sorry man.
frag_bait
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 23:10 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby SD » Sat Apr 13, 2019 16:21 UTC

Nice piece of forum etiquette there, having the capacity to apologise for a mistake is rare these days. I was admin here years ago, for a long time, a very active contributor and unless things have changed (which I'm confident is not the case, especially reading dyn's post) then this venue does support free speech and unless you're cheating you have to try pretty fucking hard to get banned/moderated here.
User avatar
SD
Former Admin
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 18:54 UTC
Location: Wales, UK
Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby Zipp0 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 23:41 UTC

frag_bait wrote:
GR1T wrote:My 2 cents...

I've played with Zipp0 a lot and always had a great time. He's cool as far as I'm concerned, but I wasn't there when this supposedly happened.


I agree, Zipp0 is a good player and I've never had a problem with him and still do not. Dyn has stated that what is legal in the US is ok here, therefore I rescind my complaint about Zipp0.

Further, I was wrong to complain about him and I apologize to Zipp0 and hope that he can forgive me. Sorry man.



Frag - Thanks for being big about this. Just a misunderstanding I think. No worries. I have enough drama irl, don't need any on COD. Hope to see you in the game.

Zipp0
Zipp0
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 23:47 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby Zipp0 » Fri May 03, 2019 21:23 UTC

dyn wrote:
Zipp0 wrote:Also, I am sure there are others who will attest that I NEVER say anything racist - EVER. This really has me angry/upset. I have donated before and was considering doing so again, but this sort of nonsense is a real turn-off.

I understand and let me assure you we respect free speech - anything legal in the US is OK. Often players vent off and not everything is to be taken seriously, also what someone perceives as racist may be perfectly OK in some other region and culture. So the rules are simple - legal in the US = OK. Players can get banned for excessive spam, key-bind spam or real-life threats - if anyone gets banned merely for speech, let me know. Admins should know that too.


Hey dyn - I think I just got booted for saying literally "F THAT CHOPPER" after shooting down a helicopter. I didn't even say "Fuck that chopper"!! I did accidentally have caps lock on.... so maybe auto-kick for the caps? Although I doubt that. I got no warning...... nothing. Just booted.
Zipp0
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 23:47 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby fallout » Sat May 04, 2019 20:04 UTC

Zipp0

frag_bait wrote:Using extremely vulgar and racist language and telling people to STFU

I'll lay odds there's more to that story than your leading us to believe. I myself have a record of you
uttering a racist remark in the past not to mention your constant use of the F bomb that I've kicked
you for in the past. Stop the sniveling and whining and gtfu and maybe you won't get kicked. :angry2:


8-)
fallout
Former Admin
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 17:22 UTC
Location: Canada
Favorite map: Countdown
Server: FFA

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby Zipp0 » Sun May 05, 2019 04:47 UTC

fallout wrote:Zipp0

frag_bait wrote:Using extremely vulgar and racist language and telling people to STFU

I'll lay odds there's more to that story than your leading us to believe. I myself have a record of you
uttering a racist remark in the past not to mention your constant use of the F bomb that I've kicked
you for in the past. Stop the sniveling and whining and gtfu and maybe you won't get kicked. :angry2:


8-)


What is your record of my racist remark? I am not a racist, so I am very curious. Not wise to throw around accusations of racism that are untrue.
Zipp0
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 23:47 UTC

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby dyn » Sun May 05, 2019 18:43 UTC

Let me repeat it:
we respect free speech - anything legal in the US is OK. Often players vent off and not everything is to be taken seriously, also what someone perceives as racist may be perfectly OK in some other region and culture. So the rules are simple - legal in the US = OK

So, 'FUCK' (many it) or occasional perceived racist remark shouldn't be a reason to ban players. There is literally hundreds of players saying 'fuck' now and then. Spam, repeated insults, threats = ban, but other stuff is more or less fine.

Perhaps there was some misunderstanding and it should be resolved now.

Just for info, here is a nice article on this theme from the official US govt site:
Why protect offensive speech?
https://share.america.gov/why-protect-offensive-speech/
User avatar
dyn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4005
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 07:50 UTC
Favorite map: q3dm8
Server: FFA
Website: https://vogonhq.com

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby SD » Tue May 07, 2019 13:03 UTC

User avatar
SD
Former Admin
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 18:54 UTC
Location: Wales, UK
Favorite map: Q3TOURNEY3
Server: INSTAKILL

Re: Yourself, Forgotten One, and Zipp0

Postby sc.Toxic|A » Fri May 10, 2019 20:06 UTC

lol..Good Video!! :)
User avatar
sc.Toxic|A
COD4 Admin
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 02:27 UTC
Location: Portland Oregon (West Coast USA)
Favorite map: Backlot
Server: FFA


Return to COD4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Google [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 0 guests