The Truth About Glitches/Flaws In Gaming Software

Anything about Call of Duty 4 - live status of all COD4 servers

The Truth About Glitches/Flaws In Gaming Software

Postby Q_Q_ME » Mon Mar 01, 2021 16:24 UTC

Glitches are nothing more than flaws in software and when used they are considered exploits.

In other words glitches are flaws in the software that were not addressed during Beta Testing and were never meant or intended to be part of the actual software itself.

We see glitches/flaws in many forms of software that have to be addressed such as the security gaps in Microsoft Windows and other software that have to be updated frequently to address these glitches/flaws in the software.

When gamers exploit/use the glitches/flaws in gaming software that were never intended to be part of the actual game itself it is commonly considered to be cheating.

There are many game servers that allow using these exploits and many that consider them cheats.

It all depends on the rules of play for the said server that you’re playing on at the time.

Most players never take the time to check to see if there are any rules on a server before they start playing which can lead to their removal from a server for using said exploits.

There are modded jump servers and servers that allow elevators and many other glitches/exploits on them but these servers have much different rules than a regulation crk server like the Vogon ARES servers.

If players would only take the time to search this board they would find that glitching and the use of exploits on the Vogon ARES servers has always been considered cheating by not only the admins and the members but the actual founder of Vogon and the ARES Crk Servers himself (dyn).

It also has to be said that not all players especially new/noob players know the glitches/flaws in COD4 gaming software or how to exploit the gaming software.

So when players who know the exploits use these exploits to unfairly gain an advantage over players who don't know or understand know to use exploits on a COD4 server that dose not allow the use of exploits it is considered cheating.

Comments Welcome :oldman:
Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Favorite map: Crash
Server: TDM

Re: The Truth About Glitches/Flaws In Gaming Software

Postby killer » Mon Mar 01, 2021 22:03 UTC

i got banned by mistake because of score difference

can someone unban me?
killer

Postby Q_Q_ME » Wed Mar 03, 2021 14:48 UTC

Hey Killer

I sent you and IM

Regards :oldman:
Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Postby sc.Toxic|A » Mon Mar 08, 2021 02:30 UTC

HI,

I know you are trying to do your best to help Admin. the server, How ever I am not sure your focus is the same as mine, I want to encourage allot of younger or new players as well as seasoned players, I have never seen an Admin before me have restrictions on that type of play, there are plenty of high restricted servers that have Admins with FULL control of the server and several Admins. to do so, as this game is aging and can have a hard time trying to keep it full, I have felt the need to keep this server open to different types of players, and feel that will help keep the game going for longer, if the goal is to keep the server active! then that is what I am trying to do

As we do not have the resources like Rcon, or ModernRcon, nor the proper Man power to enforce a strict server, and server rules, Also I see it as more damaging to our servers and could possibly push some players away

I want to clear somethings up and hope it helps resolve this.

I allow freedom of speech and freedom to play they way they want to play unless they are using Hacks.

I Do allow players do JUMPS and some players get creative in this, this is something that has always been allowed for the 3 plus years I have been part of this server, and as there scores are usually low given they tend to be target practice for others, it does not run players off the server

I do allow Elevators "you may want to google that" as COD has exploits that people have figured out and share with the world, this is allowed by me, but NO Killing from such spots where others cannot see them of get to them, so killing from those spots is prohibited, as I will not allow it to be an unfair advantage and the players know this, and if they do not I tell them or remind them, kick/ban if needed

I Don't allow Hackers, and Ban after some careful spectating, but will not react from someone just telling me some is hacking, I will investigate on my own

Calling out a Wall Hacker on a small Map with 15 People on it just does not carry weight " think KILLHOUSE" map, I try to only use the maps that would not allow a random around the corner 12G. shotgun kill to be considered as a wall hack, I wait till the next larger map to see if there is anything odd about the players actions that lead to excessive kills with out a UAV, this is best done when the Map is fresh and kills are low, also keeping track of there kill streaks and when they should have UAV

I don't allow abuse of another player " this has seldom happened" but I will allow them to vent and air out what they want to say. I seldom step in unless needed, like clear Abuse

I have been part of Many COD4 servers and 2 Clans, Admin for about 14 years now on 3 servers before this one, I think I have a good hand on trying to see a middle ground, I do appreciate all who have a interest in keeping a clean server, but I do feel you are being to harsh and find it more damaging than helpful at the moment, Dyn may see it different than I do, and is welcome to override my decisions and or take my admin status away, and I am sure if he reads this he will weigh in if needed.

sc.Toxic*|A
sc.Toxic|A
COD4 Admin

Favorite map: Backlot
Server: FFA

Postby Fierfaks » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:27 UTC

If, you have seen, then all the videos where the players use their advantages.
And where were you when all this was happening?
Fierfaks
COD4 Admin

Postby Q_Q_ME » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:42 UTC

(You wrote) I try to only use the maps that would not allow a random around the corner 12G. shotgun kill to be considered as a wall hack

Wow, do you even know what a wall hack is?

What you're describing has nothing to do with a wall hack and it’s not a random kill it's called pre-fire and it's allowed on most COD4 servers unless there are specific rules disallowing it on said server.

Again all you're doing is trying to baffle us with BS to try and show us how much you think you know, but instead it's showing us how little you really know.

I think I just found a place for one of my other posts.

No matter how much you think you know.

There's always some old bastard that's been around longer and knows more than you.
626.png
:DD :oldman:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Postby sc.Toxic|A » Mon Mar 08, 2021 15:21 UTC

Again as I grow tired of your weird accusatory Postings and language, I will just leave this post For you to gripe on your own
sc.Toxic|A
COD4 Admin

Favorite map: Backlot
Server: FFA

Postby Q_Q_ME » Mon Mar 08, 2021 15:25 UTC

LOL :lol:
In the future you need to be careful what you say to and about us old farts.
:oldman:
Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Return to COD4