If you’ve been AUTOBANNED for score difference!!

Threads here will be auto-pruned

If you’ve been AUTOBANNED for score difference!!

Postby Q_Q_ME » Tue Dec 31, 2013 19:24 UTC

ONLY POST HERE IF YOU’VE BEEN AUTOBANNED

Due to the growing number of players that seem to be getting extremely high scores above and beyond
the total number of other players in the server.

Until further notice any and all players that get autobanned for score difference will no longer be manually un-banned (No Exceptions).

Players that receive an autoban for high score difference will have to wait till Thayer automaticly un-banned by the autoban system (No Exceptions).

Once a player has been automaticly unbanned, to avoid another autoban for score difference in the future the player/players need to control Thayer game play and watch their score so they don't receive another outoban for score differance.

Regards
Q_Q_ME
Former Admin

Favorite map: Crash
Server: TDM

Re: If you’ve been AUTOBANNED for score difference!!

Postby Weaver » Thu Jun 19, 2014 02:01 UTC

Hi Q_Q,

I just saw this post and thought I'd weigh in. I don't have a problem with the autobahn, though Lord knows I've been on the business end of it often enough.

I think the basic problem is several fold. First, there are a lot of inexperienced players on this server, and the server has a high capacity, so there are a lot of them. They are often inexperienced and have a high ping, although some, like Stratocides, for example, have high pings, but are excellent players, but many are not.

Second, it is often easy to get off to a strong start on many of the maps especially given the first fact. Overgrown, Bog and Shipment spring instantly to mind. I've been auto banned on several occasions on these maps. I don't hack, but I have just leapt out to an early lead and run afoul of the ban. It happens.

A good airstrike coupled by a hell results in a big early lead. Helis, especially, are airborne death machines that seem to hit the higher score players on the other team which makes them even MORE effective! :) I've called a hell at the beginning of a map and watched as the doggone thing starts killing a BUNCH of the other team, and I know I might run afoul of the ban, and there is NOTHING I can do.

Lastly, this is a TEAM DEATHMATCH. If I kill the other team, they can't kill MY team. So it pays to be aggressive in terms of winning the match. But being too aggressive gets you kicked. Fact of life. When your playing, it can be hard to watch your score; you are trying to kill the other team, of course. :) That said, the autobahn works at keeping hackers to a minimum: I've seen enough hackers get banished to get upset at it being leveled on me when I get too far ahead. If I have to sit out a day or two, that's fine.

This is still one of the most fun servers on which I play, but I just thought I'd weigh in with an opinion as to why this seems to happen a lot. Thanks to Dyn, Q_Q_ME, SD, Apoc and all the admins who make this server what it is.

Sincerely,

Weaver
Weaver

Postby raj00001 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 07:29 UTC

hehehe then all hacker do it.... :omg: :o
raj00001

Server: FFA

Postby raj00001 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 07:30 UTC

where my Nike name change ???
raj00001

Postby bfc » Sat Jun 21, 2014 13:54 UTC

Great stuff, Weaver. Spot on.

Weaver wrote:I know I might run afoul of the ban, and there is NOTHING I can do.

If I remember, I will try to hit /reconnect. I lose any airstrikes/helis and my score, but I get to keep playing.

bfc/Sterling Archer/ScrappleMan
bfc

Postby Stratocides » Fri Jun 27, 2014 18:25 UTC

Hi all:

several days I can not go to ares tdm anarchy ago, creed on the map where all campers, did combination of two air strikes, a helicopter and when I launch the third air attack kicks me. I hope you can fix my situation.

Weaver is so, I have a high ping (230) but my internet connection is 5 megabytes and so the game goes pretty fast, in other servers, always stay last. I recorded videos of my best games in ares tdm, if you want the show, no problem.

REGARDS!!!
Stratocides

Postby Stratocides » Fri Jun 27, 2014 18:38 UTC

Hi Q_Q_:

I usually do know good records in cod4 TDM and the server always kicks me, kicks me more like me than hackers haha. when they come, take advantage of more than 50 deaths and still playing. because it is this? there any way to fix it?.

please I want to play again, from already thank you very much!!!
Stratocides

Postby fallout » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:41 UTC

Stratocides

If you could provide your ingame name, we could look into it further.

8-)
p.s. Q_Q_Me is no longer with Vogon
fallout
Former Admin

Favorite map: Countdown

Postby Stratocides » Sat Jun 28, 2014 20:47 UTC

Hi Fallout:

Thank you very much for your attention, my nickname in the game is the same "Stratocides". Also last night, I could log in again to the server (ares tdm anarchy crk), because reinstall the game, so stay calm and thanks also.

Next time try not to take much advantage ;)

REGARDS!!! :)
Stratocides

Postby Fierfaks » Sun Jun 29, 2014 09:19 UTC

p.s. Q_Q_Me is no longer with Vogon

This is sad. :-(
Fierfaks
COD4 Admin

Postby dyn » Wed Jul 09, 2014 13:19 UTC

It's not sad, it was his decision to leave, for the 2nd time, without saying a word about it.

I am closing this topic, because ban system will change a bit.
dyn
Site Admin

Favorite map: q3dm8

Return to Soon-to-expire